eroding winds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jan 30, 2019.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why is not everyone using this cheap game breaking spell ? Global rend 3, not so bad, knockback 3, well alright I guess still manageable, throws units out of position, were getting crazy here, don't deploy units because they will get rended, and knock backed, who the hell made this nonsense.

Bottom line, again "GLOBAL ANYTHING IS TURRIBLEE".

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

The thing I hate about this spell is that I can never remember its precise wording and I can no longer click on the combat info to see exactly what it does.

super71 likes this.
  3. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

But it's not global.

4. super71

Does it not affect every deployment zone, which spans the whole map ?

5. super71

Most spells, relics, and equips are like that now sadly.

6. super71

Honestly i'm kinda just over all global anything, if a spell or unit or relic is 30 spaces away and damaging me we have a problem. It seems every good bg runs some variation of global damage.

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

As you said it yourself - it only works inside deployment zones so shrines and fonts. Being global would imply that it works anywhere which isn't the case. If you're having trouble dealing with it when font contesting, you can use relics or summons to contest in the meantime.

8. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

That doesn't make it global.

Anima26 likes this.
  9. super71

Well what would yo call it then instead of global, it doesn't have an aoe, which in my opinion makes it a global like spell. The spell does too much for too little, repositions units, lasts a few turns, and does good damage, it's right up there with the knock back st spell that's super efficient.

10. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Except Gale Force works anywhere (within spell presence) and Eroding Winds don't. You can counter Eroding Winds by simply contesting a font with a relic, thus nullifying the effect, you can't counter gale force's knockback unless you're KF and even then you need to cast Swiftwind because they cast Gale.

Pox has a faire share of pseudo-globals like this. They're easy to handle because of how localised their effects are.

11. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

RETRIBUTION x2 always

MWAH HA HA HA !!!

12. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

i too feel those "all deployment zone" spells are very powerfull. Also the ice wall spell is very powerfull. It could be easy fixed by increasing nora cost significantly if we had real devs.

13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It’s an unpleasant spell for sure, early game you can’t do much to prevent it screwing up your deployment.

But i don’t think there is anything wrong with it effecting deployment zones.

14. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

The thing that bugs me about EW is that its direction of knockback is away from your shrine/avatar, rather than away from the font itself. This can lead to it potentially dealing more knockback damage than intended simply because it's more unclear than usual which direction things will get bounced in. The DoT it provides also affects relics as well as champions, meaning contesting with a relic is less advantageous than it seems.

Compare it it another IS spell with the same purpose: Stronghold. EW isn't instant like Stronghold is, but it deals equal, and potentially more, damage (albeit as a DoT), lasts for 2 rounds, and provides greatly enhanced disruption effects. It also affects fonts in general, rather than specifically friendly fonts like Stronghold does, making it far more reliable. I mean, how often do you see an enemy champion move within 2 spaces of your deployment zone without contesting it? I'm guessing it's rarely.

If the game were still alive I could see it getting a tap somewhere, but I wouldn't say it's particularly OP.

15. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

i've never liked eroding winds.
    its one of those braindead spells that leads people to winning games they shouldn't have.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Eroding Winds is fine.
    It can be nuts when combined with frigid barrier, but that has more to do with frigid barrier being broken.