still water mutant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Runegod, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

You attack him he deals damage to you, you get him to half health he damages all your units across the board, if your units are soul tapped they all get confused and ensnared.

How do I counter something like this ? Maybe shoot it from afar, but he has void shield, so he kinda just charges in and engages all your ranged, and you get tapped for 5 damage every time you hit him.

Are there any decent players that aren't gimping along using some sort of gimmicky split with invincible equips or other nonsense.

2. Runegod

Never mind, figured it out, just more global nonsense happening. Psychic anguish triggers every time you get attacked causing soul tapped, so he was just charging still water in for like an aoe3 of 8 damage per hit with psy amp, and then getting to half health with still water and hitting for another 8 and causing global ensnare, and confuse. This isn't counting the heals with the blade of the snake on still water, real fun.

For those of you thinking well, one shot him, yeah he has void shield.

Games a joke and i'm out

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The answer here is: go after his backline - the mutant's autoattack damage is fairly minimal, it only gets dangerous when hit.

4. Runegod

Think about what you just said man, so either attack it and take 8 damage aoe 3, or don't attack it and it hits your singular unit for 12 or more ? In what strategy game should someone be able to charge something at you, and the defender face consequences for their stupidity ?

3 times i've lost to this raider scrub running a ud/fs split

The only people to beat said raider player lately, is poll troy, who is also running some sort of gimmicky split. In those wins he's beaten tiny dragon, their are too many broken rune interactions and too many runes for split faction to ever be anything other than a circus lobby.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

It doesn't have AoE attacks. It can only attack a single target for 8 damage from range 1-2, 16 if double tapped. In the split it's 10/20 and yes, in many games you ignore the things designed to be dangerous when attacked and go for the squishies instead - it's called minimising casualties.

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

He never said it had aoe attacks, he said his opponent was charging the unit in, and his units were taking an aoe 3 of 8 psy damage. Most likely psy amp for the boosted aoe damage, what's crazy to me is the firk ability that gives global soul tap, now that's wild because soul tap if I recall lasts a long time.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It’s a roadblock rune, that wants you to waste your attacks on it.

Try to go around it as much as possible and look for better targets to attack.

When you do attack it then focus it down, and look to one turn it (remember font of restauration is a thing).

And when you do focus it make sure you move all your champs before attacking - don’t let that global ensnare catch you out.

8. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Wise words from a UD legend. Me, I’d retri him, but I am yet a neophyte!

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I frequently visit the font of restauration, they have great burgers. The global ensnare is not easily avoided, as soon as that one firk gets out everything becomes soul tapped after psy damage. One of those runes that just does a few things too many.

L33Ch likes this.
  10. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

What faction do you play?

11. Raider

Raider The King of Potatoes

Free Smoke