What are some fun decks you’ve been trying out?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, May 2, 2019.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

With the game how it currently is, only tools play the very best decks (all the people still playing know who I’m talking about).

I’ve personally been experimenting a lot more with decks and have really enjoyed what I’ve found. I’ve had great success and a lot of fun recently playing sp/is contructs, yetis, fairies, liches, attrition, and a variety of shaman decks.

So what have you been up to and enjoying? And why do you enjoy what you’re playing? For me its all about enjoyment now, moreso than its ever been before. I instaquit games vs the best decks now if a competent player is using one, just because I ain’t about that life.

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I busted out my old ST/FS Snapteeth deck the other day, which I haven't played since I created it years ago. It's worse than it used to be in some ways, since the ranged Snapteeth don't have the racial anymore, but Ferren Snowspinner is so much better than Rimeweaver for granting Trail: Snow. Anything else has just been further messing around with Chronomancer and some other trick decks I've come up with over the ages. I also tried out UD Bleed, which I previously never had the $$$ for. Quite ironic that I now have all the shards/runes I could ever need, but they're basically worthless since the game is dead.

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I'm having fun with the KF Swap deck i just created. It has tons of champions with Swap 3 paired with heavy hitters like Tortun Groundpounders and Forest Lerpers. Having numerous instances of Swap on the field paired with lethal melee can create some nice and unpredictable power turns. I can never beat top players cause my skills suck, but it's fun.

4. Bighugelarge

Bighugelarge The King of Potatoes

UF / FS knockback split has been scratching my itch recently.

IS / FW Invincible summons seems to provoke some interesting choices from opponents via the ironfist standard bearer.

Of course my ultimate pleasure has been striving for the ever elusive common battlemaster achievements. Partly because of the slight it is against the player who gets it. Leading me to thoughts of, oh, I see I am just a commoner, okay gotcha. Here is my spot, I'll go ahead and stand right there then. What with so little chat opportunities with players I have to pretend that the game is talking to me. So, clearly in a well state of mind. Doesn't need any work, obviously.

IS / SP commons is decent, with the cards available I feel like the faction bonus makes a much bigger impact. Most commons got that sweet highly sought after 40 base hp zero armor, a stat line like that doesn't leave a lot of room for improvement. So they don't need to be cheap and who cares how hard spells hit? They got the right stuff for the job.

5. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  6. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

This Snake Bards deck can be fun. I've with it a couple of times, and it has all the basics.

Champs
    Arrowsinger
    Bliss
    Boa x2
    Artisan
    Bard x2
    Charmers x2
    Singer
    Snakedancers x2
    Jester

Spells
    Call Serpent x2
    Escape Magic
    Bane
    Antidote
    Protection

Relics
    Aurora Banner
    Emerald
    Pride

Equip
    Oak Seed
    Cracked Eggs x2
    Coin
    Horn
    Ring
    Flower

7. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

dig at tinydragon huh, someone needs to make him see sense, i realize the friendly quit has been long gone since last client and tinydragon was holding up playing until recently then he started quitting at 0 mins with people he deemed less good. he did this to me. its a shhame as he has dropped so many points.

tiny if you are watching please start playing ALL games. bthans

8. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I had a deck like this once. It had a few Adaptive champs and a Favor champ. It then spammed Call Serpent and did snake stuff. =)

10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Bumping this to talk about the deck I've been playing for awhile now -UD Fire- and some of the lesser known goodies the deck has:

1) Imp Familiar is incredibly broken and it honestly shocks me that the UD community did not realize this. Outside of caine (and that was only in a shrine kill deck), I have never even seen someone run him before. Imp familiar means that UD fire will win lategame 9 times out of 10, unless matched up against some ridiculously lategame dominant deck. I don't even run amp in my fire deck.

2) Red-tipped raptor (or really anything with flame surge) is hilarious when combined with imp familiar's flame charge. Imp familiar + raptor means that flame surge does 7 dmg per space (before splitting again).

3) Scorched dwarf is already a good champ because of his nora gen, but having mason let's him truly shine when combined with griefbearer fountain.

4) Griefbearer fountain is one of the best sources of healing in the game. I cannot believe every UD deck was not running this thing. If I draw both dwarf and fountain, I will deploy them ASAP. If you need it drawn out for you-> the dwarf continually heals the fountain, and the fountain's bloodballs stack on top of each other. This means that when I need a champ healed, the fountain will oftentimes already have 4 stacks of bloodballs on top of each of its 4 spaces, which means I'm full-healing things left and right.

Putting these things together, the deck has incredible synergy. Imp familiar gives it huge damage, while griefbearer fountain heals the familiars and scorched dwarf heals the fountain.

Fentum likes this.
  11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Any combination of bards and rangers. I like experimenting with any kind of musical based ability. Battle hymns, serenade, horn of kthir, war drums.

12. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

FF SP using only Hyaenid Shaman is quite cool

Also

FF FW Humans using 2x graveyards and 2x Foul Rite is fun PvE but too slow pvp

13. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

I rather liked sagepou's SP/FW death benefit bg. Using graveyard to cheat out sarinda and making use of best boy essence devourer, even got to use ally with risen moga.

14. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

ST ice amp