UD - Eye for an Eye - Spell bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Excalibur95, May 12, 2019.

1. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

UD - Eye for an Eye - Spell can be cast on an already permanent blind ud champion...

thats not an eye for an eye is it now?

results in massive benefits for this spell with no drawback.

the ud champion that was blinded even had non basic attack abilities.

its not fair!

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Just cast it on Bok Warden

Precision beats blindness.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You have discovered the greatest secret in strategy gaming:
    • Symmetrical effects are not always fair
    This is because as the person choosing to utilize it, I always have more potential to take advantage of it or build around it.

In this case, a clause could be added to prevent this PARTICULAR angle of a Blind champion, but there are plenty of champions who do not have or do not rely on a basic attack so the original premise still remains.

4. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

to be clear, i was fw, i was playing vs a ud player who used the ud spell - an eye for an eye, on me twice in the same game - see below...

first time he used it against me he perma blinded my decent fw champion and in return his ud champion that had other non basic attacks was perma blinded. so that was his first big win.

second time he used an eye for an eye against me he perma blinded another (different to the first) of my decent fw champions and in return his (already perma blind) same ud champion was perma blinded again (for the second time). so the spell allows your already blind ud champion to take the negative bad part of this spell when they are already perma blind. resulting in no drawback in using this spell at all and only massive gains for the ud player. win win.

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

This is as per designed, right?

It's a poor to OK spell, and situational. If you are playing as UD you want to be spending Nora on KILLING champs, not BLINDING them.

Mwah ha ha ha haaa!

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes, and you can do basically the same if you cast it on a champion with no attacks that can miss, a champion that can't miss, a champion that's almost dead.

That's the whole point of these kinds of spells - so that the user can minimize its disadvantages.

Fentum likes this.