Favorite Starters?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, May 22, 2019.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

For the 3.5 KF players left around here on the forums, what are your favorite champs to bring out during the first rounds? Are there champs that you bring out as soon as you can? If so, which ones?

2. Xirone

For me, I find that an Ancestral Avenger deployed first can be very hard to deal with (even if you can't get a side font right away). The opponent can usually deal with AA later on but, deployed early, he can be devastating. Alternatively, if side fonts are important enough, I usually go with something a little cheaper like Forest Lerper for the main battle and try to deploy Vashal Quillback for the side font (Vashal Quillback is a pretty dang good side-font contester).

Fentum likes this.
  3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Vashal Eremite and Naria Strangler make for super annoying chaps that are good in most match ups.

Xirone likes this.
  4. Xirone

I never play Naria Strangler much but is really good. Scrapper and stealing an upgrade must be good early on!

Fentum likes this.
  5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

It’s great as Scrapper works vs both ranged and melee guys. Good first turn deploy. The ability theft can be situationally brilliant and is a constant threat.

I mostly run UD and always run at least one Strangler. Often add a Cloak of Long Knives for 45+ single turn damage threat (execute plus attack) from a stealthed Strangler.

Eremite is just untouchable.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Pet champs are always nice. Vashal ranger doubly so, as the nora generation is even more beneficial early game.

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'm a weirdo, so I run Sprite. She's a bit slow (by KF standards at least) but Trickster, Charm, and Force Barrier combined give her unlimited stalling potential in side fonts. If I need something beefy I usually go with Condor Fury or Boa. I also think Elven Fury is underrated as an early game duelist (though she's often beat out by the humble Blademaster, who's quite a bit cheaper and comes with decent utility for mid game).