How about getting Pox on blockchain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Feriss, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yep, that makes sense to me.

2. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Maybe try to purchase the IP of the clone DOG was working on before they got Poxnora back. Though honestly, I think $1mil is a crack pipe price. When the studio folds, its all going to be worth $0. I'm 99% sure there are no other interested parties and the game has been deep in the red for quite awhile. The DOG team loved Pox enough to recreate it, then buy it back from SOE, do they really want to just see it die?

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

you are assuming the owner are done with it, they could be moving on to other things with some hope to eventually bring it back.

now that might be 15 years for now for all I know but that is at leat one reaon they may wish to hold onto it....who ever currently still owns it lol

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Sok and others could explain this a bit more thoroughly but don't think of Poxnora as just a solid all or nothing product. The IP isn't going to be worth $0 even if the site closes down. There are tonnnns of artwork and sprites for one that could be simply slid into another game to eliminate some low level coding. And as much as the game failed on many fronts ... some company could still use something like the "forge" or "rune manager" framework for another product as a starting point etc.

.... But yeah 1 million is cray when you think of the current state of poxnora as a product all together.

Bondman007 likes this.
  5. nitebane21

I guess, but I don't think you can easily take chunks of the game and drop it into another one. And the artwork is very dated. But yeah, possible I suppose. As for ownership, it seems most everyone listed as co-founder is either MIA or "former". If they do want to hang onto things, people would probably have a better chance of becoming an investor in DOG than buying it outright. Unless you're a majority stakeholder though, you'd just be pouring money onto a sinking ship I think.

6. Sokolov

What clone?

7. nitebane21

Void Rim was the name.

8. Sokolov

Oh, that's definitely not a clone, but yea, that still exists somewhere on Gedden's machines, I am sure. Had some cool ideas.

9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Faeria?

10. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Wad mechanically very similar to pox, the art was the problem imo

11. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Been working on this, in the process of minting a coin and developing an economy around it. Looking for best practices is the biggest hurdle for me right now.

12. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!