Project: Top Secret

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aseryen, May 9, 2019.

?

Would you watch a dev series?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

21.4%
  3. Maybe after I see some of this “WIP”

21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I’ve kept my work fairly under wraps over the years and I still intend on keeping it that way for the most part.

I mostly listen to lectures or GDC(more lectures) when creating since I am looking for some of that fringe content. That being said, I don’t really take the time to watch indie creators, I wore myself out of that in high school. Acknowledging I am an Indie Developer(do I have to release something to have that title?) I realized I need to be more of a producer and less of a consumer.

So, what are your thoughts? Any requests?

Also, please provide links of what inspires you! I’m not trying to kick the consumer habit, just balance the two.

http://www.squidi.net/three/

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. aseryen

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Gnomes and fogandsteel like this.
  3. aseryen

Asset Prop Creation: Stylized Cylinders

Asset Banner Creation

Asset Allocation: NFT/Token/Rune

Geospatial People Powered Network

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    fogandsteel likes this.
  4. aseryen

Fractal Map Creation: Grid

fogandsteel likes this.
  5. aseryen

Sense of Discovery: Open Ended Discovery

Player Agency: Cenomorphosis

Unreal Engine - VR

RPG Development

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  6. aseryen

Game Sequels: Expansions

Collectible: Raids

MOBA: Game Space

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  7. aseryen

Design Blind Spot: Classic

Table Top: Cinematic

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  8. aseryen

Art is Important: Food is Important

PoxNora : Open World

World Building: IP

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  9. aseryen

FF 2077: Remake of the Original - Remastered Glory

Game Mode: QOL - NUX

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  10. aseryen

Update Q1/2/3 of 2019:

Ok so I’ve been mostly prepping for a big 2020, I set my goals high but I’ve already missed a few of them; such as demoing at GDC...soon...

In an effort to consolidate some of my other posts into a single one here I’ll list out some of the processes I’ve been working on.

1. Factions(Reduced to 6)
    2. Lore (Canonically-rewritten)
    3. Classes (Opus: near complete)
    4. Races(Corpus: near complete)
    5. Environment (Matrix: near complete)
    6. Equipment (Ranges Set - Props needed)
    7. 3D Character Assets (Needs to be done)
    8. Audio/Visual (Need to learn)
    9. Hardware (Establishing requirements)
    10. Collectibles/Figurines (bullet point 7)
    11&12 are Events and Gameplay including GUI/HUD/etc.

Breakdown 1/2/3/4
    Factions are a progressive system in which events&encounters may stem from; Player level has more bearing here than anywhere else in the game as gameplay is intended to be accessible for button-mashers and Battleleaders. Think GTA/Defiance in regard to quest giving and open world-sandbox. Similarly to Eudemons/PathofExile player accounts may have multiple characters on a server; this is an additional BoA for some gameplay loops which will be used to model future reworks/updates. Races/Classes are considered separate but are tied mechanically with Reign/Affinity.

Breakdown 5/6
    Environment and Equipment is focused heavily on real-world utility, ie the props and tools available add utility to the inhabitants of the area, or otherwise progress a narrative. NPCs will be able to modify on top of individual gameplay to create a living world.

Breakdown 7/8/9/10
    Considering the mature content of Poxnora, that’s all staying and then some, the price point for the game will be heavily focused around future releases. My goal is to integrate digital&physical products to match the tabletop-esque game that Poxnora is. Years ago I suggested Skylanders be a production model DOGs should follow but that wasn’t approved, additionally BetaDwarves approach to game development is one I am modeling which helps bring this whole production pipeline full circle.

Yes there will be game modes you may not want to play, yes content will be released that you may not want to buy...however, digital content will have a static and physical value associated with itself. While digital assets may be modified, the physical counterparts will always function as they were released. This creates several dynamics that ground development release after release; I like card games but I’m not too keen or printing one atm.

Breakdown 11/12
    Playing around with Gameplay loops and perspective I have several ‘mini-games’ I would like to have early to end-game. Most do not progress the campaign on their own, again this game is for button-mashers and Battlemasters alike. For the most part...HalfLife lives in Pox

That pretty much wraps up the earlier parts of this year, closing out 2019 Q3/4 I will be focusing heavily on hardware in an effort to mirror the startup days of the original gaming companies. There is a need to have relationships in multiple industries that tie into a long-term plan I have for my company. I do not plan to follow the leader post launch, until then I am modeling what works and progressing from there.

If there are any questions, please ask or email me:

[email protected]

Gnomes likes this.
  11. aseryen

12. aseryen

I found this very interesting, I think we all have at least one rune art that is our favorite among others, and a lot of why I stuck around was for the artists themselves. Jakub Kasper seemed to always get a place in 4-5 rune slots and I ended up getting an eye for his work over the years. Matt Dixon ofc, although I saw his art before PoxNora which made the game much more appealing starting out. Even towards the end new artists were being featured.

If this video is correct on the prestige that character designers have in Japan then I am definitely more leaning towards that focus than the latter. I can agree with the argument here, although I think there are more hats that Westerners wear in regards to design; which I guess is another topic of discussion.

13. aseryen

14. aseryen

Developer Diaries coming soon; thanks for sticking around guys.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  15. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

goodluck aseryen with your game.

MrCharles and aseryen like this.
  16. aseryen

Pox is life, love you all

17. aseryen

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020