You know the saddest part about this game being dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JazzMan1221, Sep 16, 2019.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Most of the visual and sound effects that once existed don't anymore. Just played against a poor guy today who thought I was hacking because my Nightwatch was taking no damage from his attacks. I had to explain that I had cast Impervious on it during my turn which made it invulnerable.

Normally this would have been obvious due to the sound effect and blue rings that the impervious condition gives. But with so many of these sounds/visuals being bugged, the game is a lot less clear for people who do play. It's like Poxnora has Alzheimer's, where it's slowly forgetting bits and pieces of information until one day the entire system is a big jumbled mess of code and static. And with the combat log being unreliable at best, and the chat system being worse, it really drives home that the game is literally at death's door.

Everything is so......quiet and empty. Quite sad. :(

poinl, Tweek516, Leadrz and 3 others like this.
  2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The saddest part about poxnora is the loss of making a deck and being able to believe in it... that and some factions getting kneecapped while others just reign supreme all day.

I never got to see drown nerfed either.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Drown was nerfed several times. If I remember correctly it was 50 nora to start, then 60, 65, and 75. It's currently 80.

4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

It’s still alive on discord but the Alzheimer’s analogy is a good one. The old school players check for invulnerability every turn vs IS.

That’s not so much fun.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

When I log on I’m just happily surprised people are still playing, and it isn’t a long wait to get a game.

Be on tonight if people want to whip my rusty ****.

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

We can whip each other's asses then. My ass is so rusty it squeaks every time I sit down and I'm constantly brushing metal flakes off my chair.

The short wait for games is a definitely a positive though.

7. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

I hope I can muster some courage and start it up again sometime. Maybe for the last time. I'm sad, I love pox....

8. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I miss you guys <3

Karmavore and aseryen like this.
  9. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

God, reading this makes me feel...idk, but sad for sure. ajajababakaaha still crying for IS after all this time is something amazing tho

10. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

At least I can still be purple.

Karmavore and Anima26 like this.
  11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

it's a shame to see it this way, but when i occasionally log on and have a few games with my mate we remember all the fun we've had playing this game and interacting with its community over the years.

So what i'm trying to say is, it's been fun guys and cheers for all the good times.

MrCharles and aseryen like this.
  12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- It's terri-sad... if it was just reverted and left for us to live out our lives in that old sandbox we would be happy

poinl and aseryen like this.
  13. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Another year to archive certainly helps

14. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!