sup st graveyard.

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Oct 25, 2019.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

figured I'd post a minor good bye letter to nobody in a place I spent many years.

Poxnora was one of my favorite strategy games, between the community, and the game I don't know which I enjoyed more but with the day the servers go dark coming soon I decided to come back to the forums for what could likely be my last time and post this here for any that come back to see it.

It's sad, I think, had this game have been run well from the start maybe it could of been something really big, had sony never had any interaction with the game, or the devs talked to the players when it really mattered instead of going dark and leaving the community to die slowly multiple times over the years, maybe things could of turned out better.

Regardless I will remember the fun times, the big matches, the long talks, and teaching players how to play. It was a good time, down right thrilling at times, and pox will likely never be replaced or replicated in the same way ever.

P.S. I wish i had of got to see a jakei blade dancer before the game died, was a rune I pushed dozens of times over the years cause I thought it would of been really cool.

Xzablaz and guokamoli54 like this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Hop into the Discord occasionally to say hi.

guokamoli54 and Etherielin like this.
  3. sourdust

sourdust The King of Potatoes

Hey calisk, I remember you from the day! I had about three years of pretty consistent Pox obsession, then I drifted off and never really came back. But I played ST exclusively.

PN was a truly great game. I played maybe around 2007-09 or so. I can still remember individual games from a decade ago.

A close game where I managed to pull off a win was one of the greatest gaming rushes. I just loves the card design, the brilliant snippets of text, the suspense of both playing and trading.

I think "snowblind" was my favorite card. I would save it until I had a sense my opponent was planning an alpha-turn, and then drop snowblind. I loved feeling the frustration and uncertainty as the first spell in my opponent's carefully-planned sequence fizzled, leaving them unsure what to do next!

And there was nothing like a high-stakes ranked game, and the random map turns out to be the big ice/snow map with lots of ramps. I'm like, yeah, I got this! And I usually did... managed to get into the top 200 for a little while. Snow was just so much fun. Triple frost cones on a vulnerable group of demons... the Ambusher leaping from a snow drift into a group of squishy archers... the awesome range on ST's core units, from behind deep snow. Wish I had videos of some of those old games.

Travel well, fellow ice fanatic