Pox themes Tier list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Here is a suggested tier list of the pox themes. if you guys have suggestions for changes please do comment.

upload_2019-12-29_14-49-43.png
    upload_2019-12-29_14-50-17.png
    upload_2019-12-29_14-50-52.png

guokamoli54 and aseryen like this.
  2. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Voil is considered top tier? Dang when did that happen?

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I would move Fairies to Tier 1, take De'lim down to tier 2, add Magic Amp to either tier 1 or tier 0. Then I would add Aurora (illuminate) to tier 2, bump Archers to tier 2, add Beasts to tier 3 and throw in Declare Hunted to tier 4.

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

upload_2019-12-29_21-56-28.png
    Thats how i have it now. dont think archers are same level as delim or elves

thanks for magic amp though, forgot bout them, also beasts tier 3?

5. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Intriguing what that list look like? Ive been wanting to try something like this for awhile.

6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

dont really have the splits in their other then the very often played ones in the top tiers.

7. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Initial thoughts:

Minos: Tier 0 --> Tier 1
    Skywings: Tier 3 --> Tier 1
    Spirits: Tier 3 --> Tier 2
    Tortun: Tier 4 --> Tier 3 (though rankings become a little more arbitrary after Tier 2 I think)
    Jellebrium: Tier 3 --> Tier 2

Strig aren't really a theme. I think the appropriate theme is ST Flyers / Galeriders, which is Tier 1.

Witches / Foul Right theme is also left out under FW. Not sure where I'd rank them.

Gnomes likes this.
  8. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

What makes you say that? I'd honestly consider a well played mino bg to be the best bg that UD can run

9. guokamoli54

Looks fun! I thought death harvest was not working was that fixed?

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

i thought you said, ud minos would be the best bg ud has or?

i disagree with skywings being the same as skeezick. ive never had to hard a time vs them. they do have the flying thing going for them. but they are an aggresive rush theme, that lack dmg. why do you think they are better or as good as draksar, skeez, or even a well formed sand bg? feel like all of those can rush just as well but have much better staying power.

i changed the others as you suggested. except jellys, find them really bad. if they had 1-2 more expantions sure, but atm they seem really weak.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  11. guokamoli54

Ya Skeez frickin slap yo.

Also doesnt help that one of the more powerful jelly champs is unforgeable so not sure how many people have access to it?

12. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Extracted from a much longer response I wrote on a similar topic years ago:

"As to claims regarding Minos as a whole being OP, I will agree that they are competitive. However, not at the flavor-of-the-month level you might see with amp decks, beasts, rangers, etc. There are too many meta-viable runes that counter them available to most factions. Inhibit Power (KF), Distract (SP), Humble (ST), Planar Dissonance (SL), IS has multiple planar bound options (e.g., magnetic rover). Seism is also a common problem lately. They also lack healing, nora gen, spot cleanse, anti-summons, global destealth, consistent range, synergy-via-stat-boosts, champ control, passive and consistent damage, and scaling (lol at whoever complained that they scale long-term), at least to the level I’d expect from truly competitive (or OP) decks with no weaknesses. "

Left out is also that the meta swings heavily to cheaper champs with high efficiency. The current cheapest Mino I run is 70 nora. Because of several of the cons listed in the previous paragraph, the Minos tend to have less staying power and aren't as forgiving towards mistakes as the other decks listed.

I think my Maxx deck is stronger than my Mino deck, but that both are played at tier 1. Tier 0 is too much.

Fentum likes this.
  13. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I'd probably put FW Witches in tier 3, simply because they're not as good as Zombies or Worms. They've got a lot of internal synergy, and curse shenanigans can get annoying at times, but their units are easily dealt with by top tier decks, and they lack flexibility in the late game.

I also think a well-made Mirefolk deck could potentially reach tier 1 (*cough* nerf Deep Dive), but I haven't seen a good one in a while.

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

How you gonna do Centaur like that, behind Firking Torts.
    What a damn shame.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

gotta stop you right there. mino stoker is in practice spot cleanse, possibly much stronger than typical spell-based spot cleanse.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Leoss is weaker than dwarves?

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I think KF summon bg is worthy of tier 1, that bg is insanely Firking annoying to deal with.

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

just chiming in here to say that centaurs are good and in no way tier 4 lol

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

You're dumb.

20. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

I think DMr's list is very accurate with the exception of Skeletons not being tier 0.