Korgis in this game deeply offends me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Jan 18, 2020.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

We know the relative size of Fairys to other races in Pox:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

They are a fraction of the size of other races.

This is why they all have 35-40 hp (with the Warden having the highest of the Fae - 40 hp) while Skeezik, who you can see in the left spell image have 40-50 hp.

This is their theme identity! Their Racial also ties-in to their fragility with Fragile Flight. Yes, the theme badly needs physical damage and a tank, but that's the fun of playing Fae, is playing around that.

Faeguard Nullbeast was the on-theme phys-damage tank
    [​IMG]
    Flavor Text: Although not commonly seen, the Faeguard Nullbeasts, also known as the Faeing Mantises, are never far from their Fairy masters.

This is a wicked cool fantasy - the fae have tamed some crazy insect beast that is a Magic Acolyte even though he deals phys dmg. You can see here the insect is still a bit small, since it's fighting Moga, but is at least 2 or 3x their size still.

Then we have this -

upload_2020-1-18_14-12-21.png

Compare it to the HP of this literal 2x2 dinousaur wearing a helmet, with a human for scale.

upload_2020-1-18_14-13-9.png

Why is making Korgis a "mount" for Fairies so stupid?

1. Korgis are human housepets. The Fae have always been wild forest creatures, they have tamed a Nullbeast, but why would they ever select WEAK domesticated HUMAN house pets as mounts?
    2. Even among dogs, Korgis are ret@rded looking, and yet, a LITERAL WOLF has lower HP and DEF than this housepet:
      upload_2020-1-18_14-24-14.png
    3. Thunderous Charge? Is this game a joke to you?

Attached Files:

Gnomes likes this.
  2. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Yes.

3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Well technically Frost Wolf has the same HP because of its FF bonus. And I'm sure if Sauropod was meant to be a combat rune, it would have some kind of ability to accentuate its massive size. But it was designed to be a Bodyguard rune, so it's tanky instead. Also those runes are older than Corgi Knight, so powercreep happened.

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Firstly who even used mounted sauropods?
    I like corgi ranger and knight they give a good varience to the fae themes

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

well I like how they play too. I don't have a problem with giving fairys a phys tank. They need it. But why some goofy f|__|cking house pet?

6. chickenpox2

I can't remember who it was who suggested it it might have karma or eith who did to moles and sok

7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

wow, that actually makes me hate the idea a lot less. art still sucks though and the stats are stupid

8. chickenpox2

White Fae supermecy!