Whispers of the mind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nizzer11, May 9, 2014.

1. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Surely you're not saying burning crusade is OP.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Eh, CV is crap. Maso is possibly OP, haven't seen it that much. Pies is random, costs AP and all that stuff, though its good for contesting.

4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Lol, are you serious? CV is crap? Is lash down bad too?

Jeez.

5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Ummm channeled violence is one of the most op things in SL atm.......

6. Nizzer11

Nizzer11 Well-Known Member

How does cleanse work vs whispers? You're suggesting to pre cleanse runes before you attack with them? If you knew whispers had been cast this would make sense. Since the spell is hidden its not a feasible counter.

I'm comparing it to Sapping beam and time slip because all three leave the rune it was cast on vulnerable in the following turn with very few forms of reliable counters. Whispers does this more so than the other two because its hidden and you don't know its on a champ till you attack with said champ. This usually means you have moved your runes in such a way that your turn is f'd due to the hidden whispers. Whispers is like a sapping/slip in your turn, usually after you have moved it into threat range of your opponent. Also whispers costs only 30 nora. Sapping beam, which doesn't leave the rune distracted, costs 40.

How is there more counter play for whispers than there is for sapping beam and time slip? The only other option open to some one vs whispers is you can invigorate the champ that got whispered. The champ is still distracted, something that isn't a condition of the other two spells. On top of that its hidden. I don't see why whispers isn't as much as sapping beam given all that it does.

7. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

The insider

8. TheNidhogg

I have had players cleanse when they suspect whispers.

9. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Good players do. Its probably why this nizzer kid is so adamant about something he knows nothing about

10. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Hear me whisper...

11. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

And Domination is fine because you can just make sure you never go near a cliff when playing against any FW bg.

Don't care too much about Whispers. But if you counter a spell by knowing all 400+ spells throughout each faction and making intelligent guesses for when to pre-counter them, I think it's getting a bit silly.

And we're going for new player friendly remember? Right now spells aren't even announced when cast anyway, even if not hidden. They just happen and you get the nice spell.123 hidden somewhere in your combat log.

12. Boozha

Also, FS still has no spot cleanse.

SP has.

FRIGGIN UD HAS.

FS HAS NOT.

Aliens, guys, aliens.

13. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

You live in a swamp. You will never be clean. How do you expect to be cleansed before you guys improve your economy enough to relocate to a better neighborhood?

However, I do support blaming it on aliens. It's got to be hard hiding in space for centuries gently manipulating the world through small things. I am sure they like having all that hard work acknowledged every once in a while. Thank goodness the evil aliens want to breed us for cattle and don't consider us a threat. If they did think we were a threat, they'd just drop a rock on the earth which would take like two seconds, require almost no effort and report back that the human danger has been neutralized.

14. Boozha

FS is the third cleanest faction after IS and KF. Suck it, dirty bastards.

15. crisian

crisian Member

i run whispers and it is often cleansed just by cleansing aura or another cleanse effect that was meant to cleanse other champs and just happened to cleanse the whispered champ as well..OP never even knew it had been cast.

beam has no counter, boom! you have no ap, and can't get them..whispers at least you can move and use other abilities.

all factions have their own bs spells that suck, this one, if anything, needs a time limit(6-8 turns) not a nora increase.

16. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

.....says the guy who still lives in a swamp. Ever wonder why there are no Cajuns in Tide commercials? why they don't advertise OxyClean at Bog Racing events? Some people either a) like being dirty or b) accept that they will never be truly clean.

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This argument about "Yeah, cleanse it when you suspect it is up" is mind blowing, to say the least.

18. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Really? Randomly cleansing your champs is just fine by you? When your vs sp you really don't have the resources to just blow out cleanses on champs in the hope you caught a 30 nora spell.

Why are you defending this? You earlier posted that it was OP. Now your saying someone who is pointing out how OP it is knows nothing about it? Crazy town.

Razzoriel likes this.
  19. Boozha

Yeah, like those dirty SP suckers without water to wash themselves in. In the swamps we have it nice and clean, and we dress ourselves appropriately aswell, not like scanty Nefari or hilariously barbaric Hyaenid.

20. TheNidhogg

What I said is 100% factual. I have had players cleanse when they need to make sure their attacks go through.

PS: Snowblind.