Poxpoints (Automated Trade Store) -- GRAND REOPENING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxpoints, May 31, 2020.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

If you want to jump right in, you can find the new store at https://poxpoints.com, read on to learn more about the store, how it works and the story behind it. If you have other questions, let me know in the comments!

The stor(e)y

I'll sketch a short depiction of the impact Pox and the past stores I ran have had on my life. I think I was around 14 years old at the time and my parents had been through a violent divorce (which dragged on for another few years). When I started my first store for PoxNora, it was on the forums together with Ulfheobar. He had the stock, I did the trading. Pox was way more expensive back then and starting a store was the only way I could play the game, and it became my escape from my home situation. At the time I didn't know how to code, but I wanted a web store. I thought it would be so awesome. So around the age of 17 I worked together with another player (forgot his ign) to start up BiGs cheapest (with BiG standing for Brothers in Gaming). Eventually it started to grow, went through some changes and settled on the name Poxbrothers. The store had opened and closed up a few times, but at that point the store made me around 600 usd a month. Which for a kid in high school was a lot of money. I would spend most of it on traveling back then, hitchhiking around to wherever. It also allowed me to go travel straight out of high school for a year, permanently escaping a toxic home situation. Eventually I sold the entire stock and site to Decondor and lived in Costa Rica for a few months. Which I still look back on as the best months of my life. It's in Costa Rica I decided to learn to code, because I wanted to create an automated store at some point. Of course, this isn't something I could learn in 2 months with no coding experience whatsoever. Eventually I got to know @newsbuff about, I think 5 years ago. He was up for creating an automated store and so the old Poxpoints was born. Unfortunately the game was in a pretty bad state and we faced a bunch of other external set backs, causing us to close it down. But here we are about 5 years later. I stumbled upon Moles his stream on Twitch and wanted to check how Pox was doing. To my surprise quite a few of you are still playing. I decided to remake Poxpoints from scratch for three reasons. One, I wanted to give back to the community, no, for real, without Pox I wouldn't be where I am in life right now. Two, I wanted to see if I could. Three, I have a bit more spare time as one of my other projects is on hold because of Covid-19 (a social media app for travelers). Well enjoy the store!

FAQ:
    • Q: How do I make a manual trade?
    • A: You add the runes you want to trade in and out to your cart on Poxpoints. You create a trade with the runes you want to trade in. In the url of that trade there will be an id (e.g.: id=123456), type that to the trade id field on Poxpoints and hit check out. If everything is alright, you will get a bid from the Poxpoints account.

• Q: How do I make an automated trade?
    • A: You add the runes you want to trade in and out to your cart on Poxpoints. You provide your Poxnora login details. If everything is alright a trade will be set up in your name and you will get a bid on it from the Poxpoints account.
    • Q: Can I filter runes?
    • A: Yes, there are three filters (faction, type and rarity). Please use CTRL + F (Windows) or CMD + F (Mac) to search on name.
    • Q: How do I know a rune is out of stock?
    • A: If a rune is out of stock, the out price will be listed as n.a.

• Q: Can I mass trade in runes?
    • A: Yes you can, I've created a utility. If you create a trade on Poxnora you can add all those runes in your cart automatically by using https://poxpoints.com/masstradein

• Q: How does pricing work?
    • A: There is an algorithm that ups the price of out of stock runes based on the amount of days they've been out of stock. For in prices it depends on the amount of stock we currently have.

• Q: Do I have to be signed in with Google?
    • A: Yes, it's how the store keeps track of your remaining credit.

• Q: Is the site mobile friendly?
    • A: Yes.

• Q: What browser should I use?
    • A: Any chromium based browser is best, as I haven't tested it on none chromium browsers yet.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    XFurionsX, nico, MentalMoles and 8 others like this.
  2. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

Awesome dude thanks for all your efforts with this, looking slick

Poxpoints likes this.
  3. Poxpoints

Thanks, has been a lot of fun getting it up and running!

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It's working perfectly on Opera, amazing work!

Poxpoints likes this.
  5. Poxpoints

Glad to hear it, thanks!

6. DarknessSB

DarknessSB New Member

The store has been awesome. Minimal problems and The owner is responsive! Best available now!

Poxpoints likes this.
  7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Awesome work, Tibout.

Poxpoints likes this.
  8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Will you add limited stuff as well?

9. Poxpoints

Thank you @DarknessSB @newsbuff !

@chickenpox2 The algorithm exponentially raises prices of out of stock runes. The idea is that when the price is high enough users will start trading in LE runes. Hope that answers your question!

10. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

This didn't work. I bought poxpoints and created a trade, and it didn't work. I tried automated, and it didn't work. Can I have my money back please?

11. Poxpoints

I am currently not at home, but will get back to you the moment I am.

I did see one successful trade from your account, did you manage to fix the issue yourself or is there another trade that isn't working? If so, can you tell me what runes you were trading in and out, so I can check what is going wrong!

Sorry for the inconvenience and if needed I will refund you of course!

12. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Yes, I got it working. I suggest that you explain more about how it works with what you have in stock and what you don't. Also, the "na" is not visible enough. But, now that I got it working, it seems like it's a good sight.

Poxpoints likes this.
  13. Poxpoints

Glad to hear you got it working! What went wrong before? Yeah, someone else also mentioned the "n.a." is not legible enough, I will fix that tomorrow! And thank you!

EDIT: Made the "n.a." more legible

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Pinned this for a short bit. Will unpin it in a week or two.

Poxpoints likes this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Great story. I'm sorry for your pain, but happy you came out of it stronger.

Poxpoints likes this.
  16. Poxpoints

Thanks, and yeah, I most definitely did!

17. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

OH Bane Shift YOU BACK MAN

Poxpoints likes this.
  18. Poxpoints

Hey mentioned it in Discord already, but the store is currently down. I am currently hiking in Italy but will fix it when I get back home (the 20th of July)!

19. Poxpoints

Poxpoints is back up and running!

20. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

Gotta say I love your store, just used it quite a few times. Nice to get rid of those nonshardable runes