What are you reading manga right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dunk455641, Jun 23, 2019.

1. dunk455641

dunk455641 The King of Potatoes

soulmilk likes this.
  2. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Currently reading Gate: Where the JSDF Fought.
    It's about Japan's Special Defense Forces taking over a fantasy world. It had a good anime a few years ago too.

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

dorohedoro because the first season of the anime was awesome.

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Bakemonogatari light novel

5. Markus422

Markus422 I need me some PIE!

Are you guys furries?

newsbuff likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no I have not read beastars.

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Good Choice.

We should be Friends.

Wait... that sounds creepy in this context. (But seriously... I really like that one. Related: look up Endou's "Bob Lennon" song on YouTube when you get to that part if you haven't already, author did his own version and some people put it up. Eventually got a band to do a treatment as well; I prefer the more "raw" original for how it fits the story, but either way it's a great song to listen to. I was also a large fan of the author's "Pluto." Though if you're not also somewhat familiar with Astro-Boy "Pluto" might not work for you. "Billy Bat" just wasn't my thing though, and I haven't got the chance to read "Monster" yet.)

As for manga I've been reading lately... I read a lot of "meh" stuff. I'm still enjoying One Piece to an extent (I skipped the recent flashback nonsense though for a reason), and Boku no Hero Academia, Black Clover, etc. But I figure most people will have heard about them and know whether it's too "meh" or not "meh" enough for what they want to read:

Things that probably have stuck out to me most lately are

"Dungeon Meshi" (Interesting plot developments and reasonable pacing [especially for a monthly] and humor, good art)
    "ACT-AGE" (haven't kept up with it recently so it might not hold out long term, but it seemed interesting for the first 50 chapters or so at least, I do plan to catch up on it again eventually)
    "Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san!" (Cute and Fluffy. Or at least cute and noodly-armed? as much self-ownage as "Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru" [which is also Cute and Fluffy.] but usually better humor)
    "Rokudou no Onna-tachi" (really well written, lots of progressive character development for most characters, a good mix of humor and action, and good pacing)
    "Soukyuu no Ariadne" (by the same mangaka that did "Claymore", except (so far) far lighter and more shounen-ified. I'm not sure about the overall plot, but I like the two main characters personalities and the world they explore seems interesting; and I've always liked the artist's distinctive style)
    "Iron Ladies" (it's a ridiculous over-the-top sci-fi power-fantasy manhua, but it's a flavor of ridiculous I personally enjoy, and the art is usually good)

PoxBot likes this.
  8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Re-reading Punpun atm, cuz I've been feeling depressed af recently and need something less dark than my life.