why does purify work after dot damage ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jul 13, 2020.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Something that always bothered me in pox, when equipping things that cleanse, and grant purify, purify activates after all the dots you have on.

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Strange, I don't recall it being that way with Vial of Holy Water. Is there a rune in particular you've noticed this with? I can imagine there might be a bug relating to deploy order with runes that don't cleanse on-equip/on-activation such as Ancient Implications, which only grants Purified.

super71 likes this.
  3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Yes, it's based on deploy order based on what I recall.

super71 and Etherielin like this.
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

This

super71 likes this.
  5. super71

Funny enough i noticed it while using gekaal in a custom game, i attacked an enemy champ, and he should have purified on the next turn, however the dots hit the champ anyways. Then I noticed it again when an enemy champ dot killed my bastion because of a dot, when I had vial equipped. I guess the hidden inconsistencies in pox always bothered me a bit, and made it harder for newer players to adapt.

Varthas likes this.
  6. super71

Conqueror- Playing a ranked game as we speak, my renegade is in a neutral font, and randomly loses the conqueror buff. It says nothing about having to exit and re enter, just says sitting in a neutral or enemy font.

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Some AOE buffs like Defender and Battlemaster are bugged in this manner as well. The affected champions will randomly lose the stat buffs and have to walk out of the AOE then walk back in to regain them. This happens more frequently when you've deployed multiple champions with these kinds of buffs.

super71 likes this.
  8. super71

I'm trying to get back into ranked, but man is it rough with all these little bugs. It's hard enough keeping track of split bg nonsense, top that off with all the little bugs and it's enough to drive one mad.

I also chose barbarians as my theme to start playing, so that might also be my problem lol. They just have no rush potential because every newly released rune has higher damage than a crazed barbarian somehow, including ranged units.