Icefang Balance, when?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBulwark, Jan 8, 2018.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I rarely post complaint thread, but I just played a challenge in the grand pox nora tournament. I hadn't come up against st in a while and never seen Icefang. In any bg, much less an ice amp bg this champ is the most OP champ in existence. As title suggests, What in god's name were dev's thinking when they let this champ out of testing and why has it still not been balanced? I wasn't here when this all happened but I cant believe this champ is real, I feel like David after Dentist. I wont mention the fact ST's bonus still hasnt been touched when every other faction has felt the gentle caress of the nerfstick. Icefang would still be meta at 90 nora so can we balance this thing and get it over with?

attio26 and OriginalG1 like this.
  2. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Except they usually have both.

Woffleet, newsbuff, attio26 and 3 others like this.
  3. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

It was basically a cash grab. Make a champ extremely overpowered and hope that players will shell out the money to get it.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  4. TheBulwark

But like half of the new LEGS are trash

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Change title to ST balance, when?

TheBulwark likes this.
  6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Elder Vampyre is good in Liches where he was meant to go.
    Rockcharger Warbeast seems to have found a spot in both Beasts and Elementals as a nice combination of a tank, beater and powerturn creator.
    Vashal Interceptor is an ideal fit in Rangers and a healthy addition to Vashals themselves, but comes with a bug on the activated part of his Invoke. He'll most likely be the next nerf material once the bug is fixed.
    Vothsair Overlord seems to be doing fine as an experimental x1 rune in UD Meta. He's still developing for sure.
    Draksar Confessor will most likely be perfect in Draksar themselves and could be a hidden gem as we have so much AP generation right now and she directly hurts that. SL itself is just underpresented.
    Sarnghavian Gladiator and Jellebrium Nexus are the only ones without a home and I've already seen Nexus picked up by Collective BGs which leads me to believe it'll slowly creep up to meta BGs too for its massive cleanse and AoE recharge along with Dispel and Restraining Aura effect. It can also contest for a good while and grants Divine Shield to FS.

I think you're just underestimating some of them.

7. kthx

kthx The King of Potatoes

If I owned a nexus, I'd play it for sure. It is a good card.

To the topic, yes, ST is currently a little borked.

MaruXV likes this.
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

1. dogs are not an ong. they can put out stuff you have to pay for.
    2. all new leg are playable, with just icefang a bit over the top. doesn't seem much " put out all necessary runes to grab cash"stuff.
    3. this game has trade. you can overbid and get them for free.

9. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

No they aren't. They are just not used because no1 wanted to spend money on a cash grab.

10. TheBulwark

OMG I love your prof pic Profhulk. I love Thomas Sowell!

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Thanks Bulwark. He is my favorite economist. I can't stand Keynesian economics it is sht. Love his books.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TheBulwark likes this.
  12. TheBulwark

Man Profhulk me and you would totally be besties IRL :). Are you on discord?

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

No I am not on discord, but I could start. I am pretty busy with work most of the time. I have had some time these last few months at the end of the night to get on pox every once in a while.

14. TheBulwark

That's how I am living my life bud, look on forums and such when I have a free moment at work

15. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Have any changes been made to the PD LEGs since their release?
    Nowadays, everyone complains about Vothsair Overlord being OP (in addition to Icafang).