Is there anything in the works for this game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Compost, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

It's always bummed me out, this game has been around forever yet has just never been able to catch on. For most of its long life spam it's been a corpse that just hasn't quite decayed away. It hasn't been touched by devs in 3 years, but I guess the servers still run? Anyway I doubt I'll get a response, Idk if anyone still even comes to these forums, but I still hold out hope that it might one day get revived. Anyone know what the plans are for this dead game? Why do they even bother running the servers anymore?

2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Ovtopiv is tinkering with the IP, you can follow them on instagram; currently the Devs are using UE4/5 (2021+) for the next foreseeable future and are creating a vertical slice. They are looking for fundraising opportunities and have since kept the community on a stick&carrot protocol coming up on a year now, we get snippets of development...through instagram of all places; it could be said that the old timers are still figuring out social media and the internet despite having run/had access to their own forum for over a decade...

Poxnora, the game that we know, runs on Unity and while service is still available for the client, nothing new as of late is being worked on. There may be players in contact with the devs but they would have to speak on anything being worked on as far as community support for this this game. Servers are being paid for and will be up indefinitely, leaving Poxnora in a stable state as of 2017 with Planar Disturbances...bugs and all.

Maybe we will see Poxnora on the Unreal Grants Recipients list but they need to prove they're worth funding by creating gameplay loops that are more than Unreal Engine mods. Which is more or less what they have expressed since refunding the servers last year.

#PoxnoraWillNeverDie

3. aseryen

TL;DR

Ranked is reset; bugs are stable as of 2017 with the 29th Expansion (cutting development short on the 30th player made expansion) Planar Disturbances.

4. aseryen

I'm also working on my own game, that despite going against @Daggan @Senshu @Sokolov as a development team...we're both in vertical slice phases and I'm certainly not in need of 5mill out the gate...@sokolov has Maelstrom on Steam which is a good game.

5. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

There's talk but no hope.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you are making a pox 2?

7. aseryen

Yeah

Horology
    Ontogeny
    Phylogeny
    Etymology

Leave it to me

8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The people that are still active reside on the Discord server. They basically keep the server running because it costs them next to nothing to do so. All we can do is sit and wait and play the game while it's up.

9. aseryen

It's approx $1000/mo for servers, meaning forums and game from what I understand, to be up and running. Discord mainly serves as a substitute for the chat we lost ingame; it being an IM makes it more favorable in this decade is all.

10. EtherLiam

EtherLiam Well-Known Member

$250/week ? Doubt the game even generates that much revenue, more like $2.50/week for the latest in wet-ware...

upload_2020-8-9_20-7-24.png

11. aseryen

Could have sworn I read a post from one of the greens saying they're self funding the server and it was $1000/mo but that the servers will always be up from here on out; can't find the post so I'm more inclined to think I misread something.