Patch Notes: August 31st, 2020 Discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Sep 1, 2020.

1. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

True, but with Grant: X ability on different upgrade lines, it can proc once a turn. With Grant: X ability on the same line, it will only proc once every 2 turns. This seems more reasonable on a long range champ.

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Any chance we can give portalmage heal 3 feel tortuns have enough mobility but have really no heal source support

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

True, although at that point you're paying 110 nora at least on a champion just to increase its max hp by 2 every turn, which is expensive. I'd say let's see what happens and if more people voice concern about it, I'll swap them around.

4. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

Why not have Mena's upgrade line look like:
    u1 Debilitate, illuminate, regen 2.
    U2 Grant magic aura, magic beam, healing mind.
    This stops the double active for karmic reward, allows him to fit a healing theme, an aurora theme, and a magic theme, and also allows him to splash a bit into different BG's with a slowing synergy (hinder movement, blinding flash)
    To gain 2 max HP per turn as Mena, who is already shielded and difficult to kill, would make him very difficult to 1 round. And when you have 8 speed, access to high mobility and healing, making Mena tougher to one round essentially makes him unkillable

Etherielin likes this.
  5. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I did not see crawler on there :(

6. Etherielin

It's in Savage Tundra buffs in initial patch notes?

7. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I put some things on the sheet but dont know if I did it right so I put it here too:

Boghopper blackhand to lose counter attack ranged and gain commander
    Boghopper elite to lose assault and gain battle master 2
    Marsh Warden to lose lay poison trap

The idea is to try and slightly buff boghoppers but without making them all meta wh0res.

8. Braxzee

U1 same
    U2 Trail Crystal, Trail Ice, Mountaineer

The idea is hit and run and trail x are on different upgrade paths

9. Braxzee

Looking at Snow charger suggestions- I think he should be all about snow charging Charge 3 Crazed charger break the line snow breach, snow strike and frigid lance

10. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

Any thoughts on adding a few ritual abilities for upgrade options on some of the shoebox theme runes?

11. Etherielin

Done.
    Trying to be VERY, VERY careful with rituals because of how having too many of them makes singular summons useless. BCA already causes a lot of salt along with that one FW equip. Rites could be interesting though.

12. belalugosi

I guess my thoughts are mostly around the combination that exists in FW, SP and KF which have the ability to field a quite large amount of low resource summons coupled with battle harden/banner/boost/battle drum/hymm. I spam ranked a good amount and see this combo quite often and it is pretty difficult to counter with certain factions (the factions best suited to counter it are also the worst offenders for deploying it (FW/SP). I don't have any delusions that I have perspective to see a complete balance equation but I am interested to hear other peoples thoughts on this combination and possible small measures that could be taken to balance things out. Again really appreciate your time and effort here.

Braxzee likes this.
  13. Braxzee

Summons can be pretty abusive, I believe the main reason is the nerf to shatter summons (25 damage or the cd is 1 and it needs greater range and AOE), it needs a buff. Bring back aggressive and put it back on Draksar (I dont even play SL but there needs to be something to scare summon players)
    That is my point, there is nothing to really scare someone to playing summons. I do not want to see nerfing everything everywhere either, that is no fun.

14. Etherielin

I'd be more keen on spreading disbelief and sever summons over rituals just because of how destructive they are to singular summons. Tortun Portalmage rework was basically a result of having to sacrifice his unique ability because rituals essentially make him pay almost 40 nora for a sandbag.

15. belalugosi

Hmm, so maybe a better option would be to take a look at the main offenders in a way that doesn't cause collateral damage to champions that aren't a problem. Would it be fair to say that Riftlord's arroyo rift ability, the Bone Circle Archmage bone prison and death nova skeleton are probably the main offenders? What about something like dark rising has (unstable?) I think it is where the skeletons have a random chance to last between 1-5 turns. Or there is also the (feeding frenzy?) ability like one FS fish and hippo where they die after they attack for the rift spirits? Just some thoughts.

16. Javier Romero

Javier Romero The King of Potatoes

HELLO
    As a returning player saw the nerf of obelisk and wooden scales, I have use this rune since 2013 and never seen a real problem that can't be work around with some strategy.....May i suggest Preordained on this runes for balance them out not to get them completely out of the deck or not that useful rune? TY.

17. mightychin

mightychin The King of Potatoes

Can someone please figure out a rework for Darkmarsh Sorcerer, its been a shoexbox Boghopper rune for so long. Magic Bomb is useful to the theme but the runes overall design is just a mess.

Anima26 likes this.
  18. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

@Etherielin Darkmarsh Sorcerer is on my list. I think it should be the following because it fits with his flavor text and sort of fits his art. It also gives him some play in some different FS builds like Boghopper Adaptive and stealth while retaining a bit of his old self.

Stats
    10, 6, 3-5, 0, 42

Base
    Attack Magical
    Amphibious
    Leap 3

UG 1
    Camo, Sneak, Provision: Defense

UG 2
    Book Burn, Sermon, MB 3