Its time to add the last set to the forge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nitebane21, Oct 13, 2020.

1. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

It's been long enough. Can the last set please be craftable?

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

No chance i imagine. The mid terms are generating some small income for whoever is keeping servers online. On top of that a lot of the remaining players have spent cold cash to get the mid terms like Vothsair Overlord and Jelly Nexus so the salt would be very high if they suddenly became free.

3. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

That's one of the same sets of reasoning that's held this game back from the beginning. There should be nothing that is paywalled in a game where every piece can be used in competitive play. If anything, money should just alleviate the need to craft the item. It's already a huge time sink to farm up the materials to forge anything

4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Im not saying i agree with it just that thats what i think would be main reasons why it would be prevented from happening. I hate that the last mid term are so bonkers and completely unobtainable unless u sink a decent chunk of money into a dead game. Icefang, Overlord, Confessor, Investigator and Nexus are all great runes id like to have that are locked behind moneys.

5. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Even when the game was more lively, the prices were always ridiculous, too. Looking at the holiday pack. 30$ for 4 exotics and a legendary. That's absurd. For 30 bucks, I can go to Hearthstone and pretty much get close to 50% of the cards in the currently released set. And you effectively earn enough currency to craft the other 50% playing through the current rotation.

If Pox is going to revitalize and survive, it needs more than just a flashy new engine that actually works. The whole economic model needs adjusting. A serious good faith move would be to finally move everything that's currently released into the forge, and monetize in a sane and sustainable model moving forward. My humble opinion anyway.

I pop in from time to time, and try to trawl the trades to see if I can get just one Vothsair Overlord or Elder Vampyre, and of course I can't, and then I see that 3k credits is still 30$, and I just shake my head. Play a few games, get ticked at the state of things, get more mad that it still costs so much to 'keep up' with a defunct game, and stay away for however long until the itch shows up again.

Etherielin likes this.
  6. nitebane21

I doubt they're selling enough to get a cup of coffee a day. As for people who bought the runes at one point being salty, sorry. All the previous sets have become craftable and people paid for those. Maybe when these runes had some actual value I could see people getting upset, but they don't.

7. nitebane21

That's me exactly. I like tribal bgs and a lot of the "must have" runes are new LEs. I play a bit with what I have, get tired of getting stomped by LEs in ranked, get tired of beating up the AI and quit for a few months. If I'm putting any money into a game its Arena right now since that has a pretty reliable future and clear gameplan.