Poxpoints (Automated Trade Store) -- GRAND REOPENING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxpoints, May 31, 2020.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Hmm, I'll take a look into it, might be that I have indeed set the max. amount of runes you can add to the cart lower than what is possible in PoxNora by accident. Tbf, if you make a big manual trade, using mass trade in is usually the best way to go as a small mistake is easily made (trust me, I had it plenty of times while testing too, haha). Check your runes means checking if you put the right ones in the trade and in the cart (if they don't match it will throw that error). But good to hear that the mass trade in fixed it! Yeah, I might have to provide better error messages. I think there is also a CORS error that sometimes shows up for whatever reason that I need to fix.

2. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

That's just it, I went through the list one rune at a time, and the error was still popping up. Highlight, Ctrl+F, slow and meticulous. I'm not sure where I shook the bug loose altogether, but going to mass first was the only really different thing I tried out of the four total attempts

Poxpoints likes this.
  3. Poxpoints

Is it possible you added a rune one time too often or too little? If not it's definitely something I should investigate further!

4. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

All counts were the same each time, at least in attempts two and three. I made sure runes I was trading 4x of went first, then the 3x, 2x, and singles last. faction by faction, rarity by rarity. I mean I went super slow

Poxpoints likes this.
  5. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

The automation is in javascript or software?

Poxpoints likes this.
  6. Poxpoints

Hmm, I'll see if I can reproduce the error and if I can I'll fix it asap and fix the CORS error some users get from time to time as well.

7. Poxpoints

The entire automated process is being handled by a NodeJS script running on the backend.

serxic likes this.
  8. Poxpoints

@poxrooster I think the error you had was CORS related. I was able to reproduce it, but for some reason it only happened from time to time. Either way, I deployed a fix and after that didn't get the error anymore. If it does still pop up for you, please let me know!

9. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

Are old credits gone forever? If not, can we login via facebook (how I used to log in for poxpoints)?
    I seem to recall having credits in the past.

10. Poxpoints

Are you talking about the site from a few years back? Because if so, yes, those points are gone, this is an entirely new site, backend and database! I think you might be confusing this with another store though as I don't recall ever having a Facebook login option.

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

The site doesn't say show the quantity of runes is available seems like a huge oversight

12. Poxpoints

This was done on purpose, why do you feel this is a needed feature?

13. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

14. Poxpoints

Bah, same thing? Did refreshing fix it again? Thanks for letting me know.

15. supagama

supagama The King of Potatoes

How does it usually take to finish processing? I've left the store open about 10 mins and it's still going

16. poxrooster

I keep hitting refresh and resubmit the trade number. Eventually, it just takes. Sometimes, 3 or more times later.

17. Poxpoints

Should be within max three minutes or so, just refreshing the page and trying again seems to fix it for some people. I'm still not sure what's causing the issue (it only happens to a handful of people).

That's so annoying... I seriously have no clue why it acts up like that. I'll keep looking into it, but it's hard to fix as I still haven't been able to reproduce it on my end.

18. poxrooster

Even weirder, it just worked normally last night. So yeah, I don't know what to say. If I see something, I'll say it, but you're still getting my business.

19. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

Maybe it's a latency issue ? , if your using a proxy such as cors-anywhere to add headers to your GET requests that can be slow at times.

20. Poxpoints

I am using the following NPM package: https://www.npmjs.com/package/cors do you think this could be the issue? If so, do you have any idea on how to solve these latency issues?