Pox 1 Relaunch Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 0ryuk0, Oct 28, 2020.

1. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

If ever Poxnora 1 get relaunched with the new designs(3D), I would want all the runes for free. It would be good for new players coming into this game to have access of all the runes. The issue is when a new expansion is released, they sell the runes from it until when a new expansion comes again, the former expansion can be forged. To be honest, that's kinda annoying for the people who bought the runes using money and then later the runes they bought becomes forgeable. So, what's the point of selling these runes if you can forge it later? My idea, if Poxnora 1 gets relaunched later, with the 3D designs- do not make the people pay for new expansions (new runes). Instead, make a skin in each champ to make them look better. Sell beautiful skins. Like in DOTA 2, if you play that game. For example, Klub the Devourer. Make many helmets, armors, axes, boots of him. There can be a full armour set or you can buy each part piece by piece. If you get many skins, you can customize your champs's armour. If Poxnora 1 is going to be 3D later, this would be a good idea. Also.... Special effects can be sold, too. For example, the champion's abilities like Throw Boulder, Fire Bomb, Acid Bomb, Lightning Storm, Lightning Skewer, etc. Poxnora 1 would have a default animation in these abilities. But, if you can create a better animation for that- you can sell it too! Just to make your champions's abilities look cooler. These things are in DOTA 2. You buy skins for your hero and you can also buy better effects for their skills. I don't see why this is not a good idea if Poxnora 1 is going to be 3D later. Just my thoughts!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  2. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I don't mind the idea of paying for 'early access.' Latest expansion for money is worth it for people who want to stay on the cutting edge of the meta. For the patient, it's worth the time to wait until the expansion hits the forge. I do believe every rune should be available from in the game in some fashion, though. And honestly, I'd rather see, if a relaunch happens (and hopefully developed further) instead of packs, start selling things like warhammer 40k and the like. Mini boxes;

Full, 8 faction mini box (Everything in the expansion) - $140 (20 per faction, but get one free for the comprehensive set)
    Full Alliance box (Everything from Wrath or Protectorate - 70 (20 per faction, half off one faction for a set box)
    Faction box - $20 (All the runes released for the faction of your choosing)

(Numbers aren't exactly what I call realistic, just figures for example)

And heck, could even still keep the packs, just not as the main focus for pushing expansions

It's a digital game, but it's still a miniatures on a board, game. So, again, I don't mind the idea of getting the 'new hotness' early for a price, say three months, before it opens for free at the forge. OR, even better, the set releases at the forge anyway, but the buy option is there for those that don't like farming shards.

Either way, there's a dozen methods that would work, and I'd just appreciate anything that looks out for both party's wallets in the end.