Pox 2 - Duability and balance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chickenpox2, Oct 29, 2020.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Hey guys this is something I came up with on the fly but I think this is something I feel we should talk about as it one of the main problems with poxnora, Balance .

I feel right now people say Poxnoora is kind of balanced but in the way that its balanced is make everything super strong so nothing is weak. This isn't healthy for the game because there is too much powercreep that it makes balancing really hard to do.

My thought is instead of balancing based on abilities base the the durability of the champion.

What do I mean?
    Each ability cost is based on the durability and they add up to nora cost of deploying the Champion. Each turn the cost of ability will deplete the cost the starting cost will be based on the starting cost (represented as the max).

There are few ways it can be activated :
    1. It looses durability when only it actaivated example tough activates and that champ looses 3 for example. (this is for both passsive and most active. )

2 It looses durability per turn as long as it activated example of berserker 3, Blood frenzy, semi-aquatic etc

3. Abilites that activate once reduce max durabilty example intensify or celestial spear

There are different sets of ranges of the types of abilities.
    Passive: 0-9 ( with exception of attack ability which will always cost 0)
    Active: 1-15
    Granted: 0-10
    Aura/AOEs 4-10
    Spell/equipment: +mana cost to durability and /per turn damages the durability for effect.

Negative passive (only upgrades) will increase durability and depending on severeness reduce durability of other abilities per turn.

Example lumbering can be 10 cost but reduces durability by 3 total while something like lethargic cost 4 but only reduces by 1-2 every 6 turns.

relics: relics that have it own effects like TOH take damage per turn or it its like Guard tower it takes damage each to number units it effects or each time it uses effects (when a unit is nearby).

Durability recovery

Each turn regardless whose turn it is will regain a fixed amount of durability + fixed amout for nora font

Units that do not activate use AP will not loose durability (This is ensure things such as rooted/ensared/stunned etc).

I believe this goes well with the story of Poxnora they are all fighting for the resource that gives them energy picking up nora refuels them ( that was the premise) I would like to hear what you guys think.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

This seems needlessly complex. I still remember when champs had a chance to miss through Attack/Defense calculations, I'd say it was for the better that got simplified. I don't think adding a new system to micromanage during gameplay will help Pox.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. chickenpox2

I know it is but they need to find a different system for how they cost units because it super unhealthy

I know this seem silly but I feel they need cost units from 100-200 nora make nora globes 25% and font generation.

4. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I don't know about things needing to cost 100s of nora. The pricing seems fine for most things already. This seems overly complicated. But maybe instead of durability, call it endurance? A new 'resource' for units to use? Using abilities or movement reduces End (It regens X per turn), and if a unit goes to 0 endurance, it takes damage for every point of AP/End the ability costs?

I dunno, I think I kinda get where you're coming from. Seems more complicated than necessary.

5. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Bro, Pox 2 is a different game. Different gameplay. You mean OG Pox relaunch?

6. chickenpox2

Maybe won't pox 2 be same genre

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Onslaught is not expected to be a turn based 1v1 game.

8. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Gonna be 5 players in 1 game. So, dunno what Onslaught will be like. Let's wait for the big news soon.

9. chickenpox2

So it's in the same universe as pox?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  10. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Yes, just a different style