Patch Notes: November 29th, 2020 Discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Link to the patch notes: Click me!
    Link to the spreadsheet: Click me!

Feel free to discuss the patch here! What are your thoughts and opinions on it?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  2. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I like a lot of the changes. Corgi change hurts but I understand. Would love more love into Tortun theme (and all maljaran themes). Tort transport change is cool and all but I doubt anyone is rushing to make a tort bg now. I think only SOME torts should have ponderous as only some have tortuns trade. That used to be the trade-off but when TT was moved to upgrade paths and completely gone on some, they still kept ponderous.

3. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

I like a lot of these changes, but Forest Dragon is bunk. One of the biggest criticisms for it in the past was that it was too expensive and too too big at 2v2 for what it did. Your new configuration is really just the same problem. Leaving it at 76 nora didn't improve that much.

One solution is to give a 5 HP increase with no nora cost adjustment.

4. BrokenNeck

BrokenNeck The King of Potatoes

Wow that is a lot of wastes champs with poison - eh - the champs that were changed were 'shoeboxed' and with the change, to the attack type, they wont see them being used any more after December 1st 2020 than before December 1st 2020 . The issue I have with the new attack is that the effect is not there - its just a different type attack that can be used on physical resistance/immune champs (which is nice don't get me wrong) - where is the poison? These new champs don't have the ability to poison, such as Utterdark / Crimson Fadewisp. If Poison 1, 2 or 3 could be added to U1 or U2 or base they may be used a little more.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Have we abandoned the idea of a formula now? - Seems like there are a few champs that simply got a nora increase without any other changes.

I mention this because in the past (when sok took over post DoG) we tried to stick pretty strictly to the idea that champs would be the sum of their parts, where stats and abilities have a set cost, and if they needed adjusting it was because the combination of abilities/stats wasn't right.

I'm not necessarily criticising as i understand you are doing this off your own back and are entitled to take shortcuts, but it does lead to the arbitrary costing of champs (which was the situation before DoG took over) which can get... messy... when everything has a seemingly random cost that doesn't relate to it's stats/abilities.

Xakarath and SPiEkY like this.
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

A formula can only take a unit so far. When there are built in synergies, such as having both Block and Riposte on a unit, that unit becomes more powerful than the average when the formula is adhered to. You can adjust the nora cost of block or riposte to bring the unit in line, but then units that don't have both feel overcosted.

7. Etherielin

The +1, +2 and +3 nora cost changes that were done with the change of attack type were caused by a mismatch between the console and the server. They'll be fixed.

SPiEkY and badgerale like this.
  8. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

So now ST has no "reasonable" access to drive. The beast tamer was its main go-to support champ for AP gen. Drive, imo, is a big needed part to ST. Just my 2 pennies...
    That was a harsh nerf...

Braxzee likes this.
  9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I can’t play anymore but would imagine Forest Dragon would be decent enough in a Magic Amp deck. The amped bomb from a 2x2 would have versatile range. Chained Fae would give -5 nora and +5 hp. If paired with Elven Curator’s gift, the Forest Dragon would have an amped Reckless Blast without the downside.

10. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Arctic Delegate needs to back to frost attack...Delegate of the frozen tundra with sonic yeeesh...Crystal Mastodon same thing..keep things themed and I am sure through all of the factions there are a lot of unthemed changes

11. Bondman007

So, for one time in Pox's history, can we try something on the next "balancing" adjustments...
    Instead of nerfing any runes at all, how about we make other shoebox/bad runes better. No nerfs...strictly buffs to unused runes... The madness is that it should eventually work...

Xakarath and Braxzee like this.
  12. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Agreed. Plus its a Beast Tamer. With a whip in its hands. Makes no sense to change. Most of these changes make no real sense and very little impact on anything. Are we changing things just for the sake of change?

Braxzee and SPiEkY like this.
  13. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

Just a heads up towards Keeper of Memories, this was Yeti theme's main magic damage champ. Yeti Painter is the theme's other main ranged champion and he has attack psychic. Just thought it was worth noting if the goal was to add more alternative damage, since this change effectively reduces alternative damage. I am sure it is difficult to keep track of so many champions, especially when trying to add alternate damage to so many champs at once, just thought this was worth considering. Thanks again for the time and effort.

Braxzee and SPiEkY like this.
  14. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

Bad Luck Bela.. that change was neccesary.

15. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

The only changes that make sense are the Disease and poison attacks that make any kind of sense. Otherwise patch put the game backwards. It may have even made clones and incorporeal stronger

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. Bondman007

Can we get homing sense removed from all champs that have it since it is completely useless and totally bugged out?

17. Etherielin

It's technically a mobility for 0 nora compared to mobility for 2 nora, but it could be done - I'll make a separate list in patch notes so that we don't lose track of who used to have it.

IMAGIRL likes this.