New cleanse for SP

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by OriginalG1, Apr 1, 2017.

1. IPhoenixl

IPhoenixl I need me some PIE!

thanks for ur time and for the conversation .... was enlightening.:)

hope to see more of those big changes in future .... and i really would love if greens at least make open votes for ability changes or big changes before doing them, some people may actually add something better

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Most changes are based on community feedback.

Major changes are always up on the Crate thread for weeks sometimes months before they are implemented.

I also open specific threads to discuss certain changes from time to time.

3. IPhoenixl

IPhoenixl I need me some PIE!

thanks for that ... never knew that since i wasnt active in forum as i was in the game, i almost never started using the forum until recently athou i have been playing the game for years now

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Dont worry Sok I have discovered some OP stuff in SP which helps it compete against other factions. Once that OP stuff is nerfed though we will need a better way of protecting our champions. How about an AOE 5 called Chaos which lasts 6 turns, where every time one of your champions suffers a status effect the closest allied champion gains swap 3 for 2 turns...?

5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Tell me
    Tell me

6. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I was surprised to learn that Cleansing Emerald had been removed when I returned a short while ago, and I initially felt like it was just another example of downshifting the game’s power level. After thinking about it, removing our cleanse might open some interesting design space and lead to better faction and play style diversity.

Thematically, I assume the reason for the change is that the evil/chaotic factions should not have ready access to abilities like heal or cleanse. Both are rare abilities in the faction, and they often have an offensive or destructive component—devouring the speckled flesh, destroying a friendly unit on cultist, attacking through houngan, etc. State of Confusion and its kin embody a similar principle: good factions buff; evil factions remove buffs.

In addition, SP is a swarm-like faction with voil led armies using the other races as disposable fodder—the bonus encourages deployment of more champions rather than using spells or relics or preserving existing champions on the board. Cleansing or preserving existing champions is inconsistent with this theme.

Rather than returning our cleanse, and giving us the same tools as another faction, it might be better to allow us to somehow capitalize on champions that need to be cleansed. Some ideas might be champions that gain stats when a cleansable condition is applied to a friendly champ, or a champion with an ability like metallic slag, eg if deployed when another champion is stunned, paralyzed, etc, champion gains x ability permanently. Or we could have spells or relics that cause a champion with a cleansable condition to spread it to the nearest enemy champ or two with five spaces. Anyway, these would be more interesting than another cleanse.

Edits: corrected two typos; and on second thought, metallic slag isn’t a good comparison. I’m essentially suggesting a conditional on-deploy effect: if x (which is some cleansable condition), then champion gains y ability or causes z effect on deploy.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Etherielin likes this.
  8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Art can just be hungry mire with mikas instead of night elves

OriginalG1 likes this.
  9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Awesome post @Raikan , especially liked this contagious idea!

10. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

What about a new spell which gives a cleanse substitute. Nora 50. For 6 turns whenever a friendly champion becomes the target of a single target spell or ability the closest friendly champio without stunned or paralysedn gains Swap 3 for 2 turns.

11. Raikan

Thanks to all. For every three bad ideas, I occasionally have a decent one.

Although I like the spreading idea, it strikes me as a FW solution because it’s like a disease/plague (which is how I think of the FW, in addition to death benefit). As I tried to explain before (but with typos), I think of SP as a swarm faction with slave armies led by voil (which is one reason why I don’t really think the war cry change made sense on Sceian and feel like the ability was spoiled when it was spread to IS champions that could be included 2x in a deck).

Anyway, I think a more SP like ability would be something like cloning or duplicating a deployed champion—think of it as the voil deploying additional slave fodder. If champion is deployed while a friendly champion has cleansable condition, deploy a duplicate champion in an adjacent space. We already have somewhat similar abilities on champs that deploy three copies. Pricing would be tricky—the champion would have to be overpriced for a single copy, but a bargain if the condition was satisfied, which reflects the risk that it becomes a wasted, forced early game deploy because of draw luck, that it has to be drawn before the cc is applied, that the player has to wait to deploy it until a turn controlled by the other player, and that the player has to forgo whatever else they were planning for that turn to deploy the champ. Basically, it creates some interesting timing risks and choices.

I also like the idea of a champion that has an ability that triggers when cleansable conditions are applied—think council spells or spell aegis for cleansable conditions. Not necessarily Nora gain abilities. But abilities that the other players can see and impose a cost on cc. These are preventative, whereas the deploy is reactive—much like diamond mace vs the spell that steals the next equip deployed.

My main concern is that not all cleansable conditions are the same (but I think they are all programmed as the same category). Stun and paralyze are stronger than dots, and other debuffs are in between.

12. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Warning:
    This idea may cause heart attacks, make you feel various intense emotions and cause chaos in these forums.

What if Suicidal Attack cleansed?

Vorian and OriginalG1 like this.
  13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I like it.

soulmilk likes this.
  14. Raikan

Interesting idea. Weak against AOE; weak against weak CC (like debuffs) because it costs the champion; and weak against paralyze or AP removing affects. It won't help in side-font battles where the CC gives one player an extra turn of attacks. Plus--it's still a cleanse option, which is presumably a no-no. Assuming the champion affected by suicidal attack will strike twice, it would be 35 nora and the champion for 10 damage + champion damage x 2 (assuming no resistance or tough, which is probably reasonable) it will probably cause 30-36 damage. Seems like there's potential abuse potential with Grant: Death Nova Fire from Juggler and Kanen Cultists ability to destroy a champion for a global heal. The Voil spell that returns a unit to the nearest font/shrine and deploys two bats might also be abused--I'm not sure whether it's a redeploy affect that would wipe the suicidal attack.

soulmilk likes this.
  15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

tempest crown gives prestige, its kinda a cleanse .

OriginalG1 likes this.
  16. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Does it remove Charmed, Possessed, Distracted and Frightened on equip?

17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

ya, dont forget fear

soulmilk likes this.
  18. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

SP is dying.. Because of the removal of the Cleansing Emerald... SP players doesn't play anymore. We need new cleanse rune

19. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

I like this

20. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

SP NEEDS THE EMERALD!!!!

0ryuk0 likes this.