Patch Notes: January 1st , 2021 Discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Link to the patch notes: Click me!
    Link to the spreadsheet: Click me!

Feel free to discuss the patch here! What are your thoughts and opinions on it?

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Can we all finally shut up about Moragen now? She's in as good a place as she'll ever be, so stop nitpicking about where she can or can't be run. Let's focus on other FW stuff that needs buffs...........like Broken Bones for example.

Definitely gonna try out new Aspect of Divinity, both in and outside of Angels. Screaming Leviathan looking sick, back to being a mainstay in non-mirefolk Semis. Kinda warry of Draksar Archer, I suspect he'll need toning down in the future. Sad that the Homing Sense fixes didn't make it this patch, was looking forward to finally playing Dawnmist. Ah well, maybe next time.

3. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

LE Avenging Angel did not get update.

4. Etherielin

Already fixed.

5. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Why are you nerfing yetis? At least adjust Nora cost..that is not fair that you use formulas for some champs and not others...What gives?

6. Etherielin

I was going to until I found out they all had nora adjustments already.

7. Braxzee

Yeti Bgs are high HP so they can survive getting in close to melee. they do not have range cover nor a way to defend against clones other than high HP. Maybe a racial for Yetis that increases HP. I did see conqueror being abused in splits. I liked Yetis as they were barely playable but not so far gone it was not any fun. It seems these changes have doomed them at least on paper.

8. belalugosi

It would have been nice to see maybe a bit more slowly implemented adjustments than a flat 10 hp off the tanks, 5 hp off the ranged units, ruin Call of the tundra so you cant unleash it anymore and also nerf Keeper damage type. Yeti is one of the best developed themes in Pox and its not too great to see it just decimated in one patch. Maybe you could do something nice for Yeti and consider that some people enjoy the theme. Yeti cape would be fun to buff. Maybe give a little bosst to some of the less used Yeti, I don't know exactly but will look at some ideas maybe?

9. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

Each Yeti does +16 dmg or 22 dmg per hit. Yeti still viable, they have insane heals , defensive relics ( permafrost obelisk) , strong spell ( call of tundra?), and cheap units around 60 nora. You no can rush him and mid game each yeti reach +16 dmg for abomination.

10. belalugosi

Serxic, while I appreciate your input, you have been calling for nerfs on Yeti and honestly anything else you don't play or get beat by, while playing stuff like constructs. I know that the Yeti nerf effects you in a positive way because you don't play Yeti, however, consider how it might feel if it was something you enjoyed, would you want me to come on here after a toy you liked got destroyed and kick the dead horse?

11. Nerdhead

Nerdhead The King of Potatoes

I see you are making space for an IS/KF spirit/angel theme. I like that. No point in putting ally IS on Angel of Restoration if she is only 5 spd in a split. It makes her unusable in a split. I’d rather she cost a bit more and have 6 spd base

12. Braxzee

Not every yeti does +16 dmg.....nor just cost 60 nora...You can say a lot of other champs do more than +16 dmg like one champ from FW does +40 dmg and has + 50 hp and + 18 AP to boot from one ability...ever heard of Bone Circle Mage?

When Yetis are deployed no one goes wow that champ has to be dealt with....When Bone circle mage gets deployed it changes everything...Now if you can get 4 or 5 yetis going than probably a game changer. Now with the HP nerfs it will be almost impossible to get them going, where in the past it was a 50/50 chance. Be careful with your +16 dmg as a basis to nerf something. There are far worse culprits than yetis.

Remember when one thing gets nerfed other champs become OP all of a sudden it is your BG that is getting nerfed.

13. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

Yetis were too strong, i tried them and i felt like i was winning without efforts 50% of the time.
    May be now they have been nerfed a bit too much, we will see.

The idea of having a formula to establish to cost of a champ is nice, but then the interactions between the different abilities and stats is what makes a champ op or not...
    Regeneration 3 is very strong on a champ with 60 HP, while the same ability is essentially a sandbag for a champ with 35 hp...
    I think it's impossible to avoid manual nora adjustments.

What i really don't understand of this patch is the buff to draksars ... they were already a strong theme.

14. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

upload_2021-1-2_19-40-29.png
    I have my yeti Deck @belalugosi , and all the Yeti does +16 dmg with abomination, All the yetis have Pseudo Surge Yeti, is a strong Theme . That Yeti curate give Heal mass , reflexes, evasive , heal 3 and regeneration himself. hahaha and his hits does 14 or 15 dmg with 5 yetis in play. I don't mentions to Yetis with "UNLEASH" they cross the map with 20 dmg + abomination = 30 dmg per hit. remember abomination no have range limit ( you can use a yeti cub in base and the most near unit willl be melted"

Do not come to tell me that I do not know the Theme, I have played it and would play it if I had the yeti painter.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  15. belalugosi

I am not interested in getting into a back and forth with you. You are entitled to your opinion.

16. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

@Markoth Time to revisit your IS/KF Angel bg

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I will get there eventually. Too busy Bastioning people with FF IS Angels.

dsjtheman likes this.
  18. Braxzee

abomination is +2 and if you are letting your opponent get 8 yetis for +16 dmg or any 8 x champs out then you are doing something wrong...even if you let 5 champs out by you opponent you are not doing so well...oh well there are far worse out there than yetis....The only thing is I would put nerfs on are certain champs that if they are deployed with other races. Yeti conqueror should get nerfed if another non yetis is deployed. Keep the theme strong and prevent abuse

19. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

To be fair skeletons as a theme got destroyed lol.

I don't like the heavy handed nerfs, but they were a strong bg. I do not think yetis should have free hp modifier, but I don't think they were entirely cancerous a bg; there were certain yeti that were too strong tho, and they had top tier mechanics and abilities like yeti curator's kit.

Hope they are still viable, or recieve compensation if they are not.

It seems like eth really doesn't play the game, so I'm not sure why hes in charge of changes, but that's just my perspective.

Some of the changes have been good; but that's not to eth's credit so much as the game hadn't seen a change in years. I wonder if this is more than the community wants ; I didn't want to see bone mine and dark rising shoe boxed for instance

20. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sl is getting over tuned rn heavily. Also, shade caster didn't need a nerf at all. He either was a squishy glass cannon or a mid game harasser, and he's consistent with power levels of other runes that fill those roles pre nerf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.