Patch Notes: January 1st , 2021 Discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

was a nice update in my opinion, we sacrifice shadecaster for tune down ST , KF , now zombies are more useful, was win-win .

2. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

Coz without him and Cortices and all the work put in for free there wouldn't be any updates. Changes can be reversed with enough community input (in theory).
    I don't particulrly like nerfs much either but it has been interesting to see how players responded to them. It's better to have some changes than to be stuck back with the old pre-patched game.

3. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Damn font of restoration.. Everything else seems good.

4. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

Eth plays and gets input about what to change from other players. There's a whole thing on the discord.

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

KF/IS Arrow Saint :D
    upload_2021-1-6_23-47-45.png

dsjtheman likes this.
  6. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Jakei Vanguard upgrades do not work
    Ferren Focus does not work in most cases

7. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

What's a Jakei Vanguard? No such rune exists.

9. Braxzee

Sorry Frostfall Vanguard

10. Etherielin

What do you mean when you say they don't work? I saw frostfall vanguard in play by myself and all of them worked just fine?

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

What's up with coven claw keep getting changed first was dark awakening and now it's void shield

12. Braxzee

it deefaults to snowbreach only...You select frost acolyte on the game card and then in play it becomes snowbreach

[​IMG]

Only snowbreach is in effect during gameplay

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

This community is the worst

We would have no patches if people weren't here working for free, so please keep your comments to yourself if it is negative and stop complaining and just be happy the game is getting worked on at all.

Community has always been so toxic, so please relax and for once maybe let the people working actually work a bit so we can see the direction they are going.

All of st has been running around with equal or higher hp to nora ratio for too long, and apparently with built in modifiers which we all knew from biased devs. In my opinion lonx were the strongest st theme by far. Why they nerfed yeti first compared to elementals, frost, jakei, or lonx idk but let then work.

Well done whoever is working on this dinosaur, keep up the good work.

14. Etherielin

Least work required and easiest to fine-tune on a macro scale, that's why.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    super71 likes this.
  15. Braxzee

Look the nerfs to Yetis are harsh. ST is fine as a whole. You need balance against +30 dmg champs +16 ap generations +40 extra clones in hp for little nora cost. Look at what is played...Clones from KF and FW..Why it is cheap AP dmg and HP. for what 10 nora? Just because a champ looks good on base stats does not mean it is OP. I would love if Jakei could summon like bone circle archmage. Or ST can deploy a relic and get 43 hp clones. ST is about HP, slides/KBs and nefing champs and terrrain MOD it is a controller faction. Controller factions need HP. All ready the game is seeing the same BGs being ran. It is going to get nerfed into a chess game. Holy Katz you have to almost split BG now to counter clones and run cyclops ritualist.

Show me in META where Yeti, Lonx or Jakei are wining even 30% or more ....You can not as it does not happen.

My 60 hp strig just got wasted with two 39 dmg hits by UD at turn 6. 60 hp meant nothing. UD counters ST very well. If hihg HP is a cos for nerfing then lots in FW should get lower HP like cloned zombies and skeletons in relation to low nora for HP. It is just done differently
    Please give ST back their HP so they can be used and still be fun to play.

Each faction has their core base strength
    ST - high HP
    UD -high DMG
    KF - high SPD
    FW - HIgh dmg spells
    SP - Lots of deployed champs
    IS - Healing
    SL - high resistance

16. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ive offered to pay to do the work. It's not hard if you are passionate about it. My issue is the patches are really bad. Most of the positive changes were to things like vo and ice fang, nora miner etc, and they weren't his ideas

This isn't how the game works. And as for clones, sl has by far the best ones in the game.

Also, fw has the weakest spells in game, truly. Even ed at 50 doesn't see play, it's really just mobi and despoil. Fw has no bonus, therefore every spell is less impactful than another factions spell outside of is which is in a similar ball park (although they do have a quicker bonus)

Idk people just changing Bane Shift cause they are stupid and have no idea how to play the game because they play less then macca.

That being said, the coven claw changes aren't too bad, although despite being undercosted void shield still works better in factions with stronger healing. If fw witches could heal (witching hour at 35 nora isnt realistic) then I'd say we'd have something to work with. Right now witches do not benefit from fw bonus, and have no real reason to be played. Best thing they have is foul rite which is just a worse version of db decks from what I've seen

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2021
  17. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Love the angel changes, and hugely appreciative of the work done to keep this game going.

Is sentinel on aspect of divinity not working for anyone else though?

18. Mirior

Mirior The King of Potatoes

It only works if the Aspect has a basic attack, which it normally doesn't; I've seen people running Writ of Al'mara to give it Attack - Magical, which Sentinel then works with

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  19. Etherielin

Sentinel is an Upgrade choice tailored specifically for attack granting equips.

Tweek516 likes this.
  20. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

I agree that Yeti needed to be toned down, and while I may think that the nerfs were a little harsh I am glad that changes are being made to the game. Initially it is hard to swallow to see a theme you enjoy playing get nerfed so hard but after some thought I feel it is more important to see the game progress than for me to be selfish. I do appreciate the effort that has been put in to make updates and I hope these continue. It would be cool to see maybe something fun added to Yeti, maybe Yetihide Cape would be something to look at, not sure exactly but the first thought I had would be sort of like the Yeti Fang where only if equip to Yeti it gives Regal Presence(remove immunity frost and frost cone). Also consider giving keeper back his magic damage maybe. If not that's cool too I'm still glad to see updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.