Patch Notes: January 1st , 2021 Discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Etherielin, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noshua

noshua The King of Potatoes

Ohhh la la... Quagmirrian smex. ty ty OHHH and net attack on merchant.. shiiiittt. Thanks for helping the Mirefolk out.. i feel like we have been in a one dimensional try hard deck or lose.

2. Sarashu

Sarashu The King of Potatoes

I have zero meta experience, but I've been using Aspect of Life with Heal Charged, and it seems kinda nuts-o, to the point that I have to imagine it must be an order of magnitude stronger than it was before. Heal Charged is just kind of an insane source of Charge, especially with this rune's abilities. I get to 20 charges maybe twice as fast or faster than the 10 of my turns it would take with Supercharged 2 (while still getting away with some Charged Heals in the meantime), at which point there's enough passive and active AoE healing/regeneration going around that Charged Heal quickly becomes basically infinite (proccing charges for effectively 2/3rds cost, remember). Combined with the earlier-attained 0-cooldown Lay Hands while you begin to soar past 20 charges, it doesn't take long to completely trivialize health bars. In short it's ridiculously strong and not that difficult to achieve.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  3. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Their used to be more powerful counters to charges, but over time they were nerfed. Just like shattered summons was nerfed and now you have clone problems. I would rather see the game empower the counters to the problem versus nerfing everything. Most of the time when something gets nerfed it makes something else OP. Keep the charges and create more options to counter. Keep clones powerful create more options to counter. If you do not run those counters in your BG then oh well.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  4. Sarashu

Sarashu The King of Potatoes

I find that design philosophy kind of questionable. Either most units end up getting left in the dust, or you have to escalate them as well and your balancing workload goes through the roof.

Most charged units don't have anywhere near this kind of scaling, and that strongly implies a baseline for this unit to follow. In fact most units in the game have a much more modest impact and potential than this thing. It gets to the point where something just sticks out like a sore thumb. I mean, by your balance perspective, is it even possible to buff anything too much? How do you know when it is?

Braxzee likes this.
  5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

When I cast carnivorous vines the rooted condition occurs, but when I use any kind of knockback ability there is no knockback dmg applied per space knocked back. Is this change intentional or did someone screw up?

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I'm guessing that was removed with the ability to knock people into chasms.

7. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

You nerfed angel of chaos????? I swear every time I check in on this game I get more tilted by the patch notes. Pull was BY FAR her best feature, hunter is garbage now that it's just a +2/-2 instead of a % modifier, all the abilities she got are so expensive and useless that you would never want them....she's an expensive and easy to kill ranged unit so you gave her a bunch of abilities that require her to be within melee range of the enemy?

Put pull back on base, get rid of hunter, drop the 1 dmg (and lower her cost) then change upgrade lines to:

U1:
    suppression
    drudgery
    impact strike

U2:
    hunter: walker
    drive
    sonic roar

FleshlessOne likes this.
  8. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

@Etherielin we played a match this morning with your Angels split vs my FS, you had every advantage and your angels BG is the stronger one. Within 15 minutes of losing you posted changes to nerf my champion. How is that good for the game (other than for you). What's next are you going to ban me now for speaking out against you?

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

upload_2021-1-24_15-42-16.png

Just odd timing for the boghopper update in the sheet, it was going to happen regardless of the match.

10. belalugosi

Taking adaptive off him makes him worthless. If anything the champion is just too efficient and could use a couple nora cost increase. Taking away his signature ability is just a toxic move. You have already shoeboxed my last bg and as soon as I made this one you are going to cripple it as well.

11. belalugosi

Also, I went on your discord site and read through the conversations on there to get some perspective on how/where you are drawing your insights from. The conversation you reference in your post was one conversation from one player (Rorschach) stating that he thought defiler was good and thought you should remove adaptive. Also this is the opinion of one person that as soon as suggested you implement, while at the same time ignoring many other peoples perspectives entirely. So how exactly does your feedback and evaluation process work then, because I get the sinking idea that it looks a lot like a high school cool kids club who get to whisper in your ear and you implement their agenda while ignoring the vast majority of players that you do not deem worthy. And not only that, you have shown blatant bias. Look man, I appreciate the time you put in to make changes for the game. Let's be honest though, if you made a big list of all the changes and compared what you have given to KF or even IS compared to what you have taken away from other factions it starts to look pretty suspect. It would be cool if you could stop nerfing everyone else's stuff and buffing yours, thanks.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Braxzee and Nebron like this.
  12. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

You guys complaining about your bgs being nerfed when skeletons are trash tier now lul.

Don't blame me I offered to buy his kf collection if he let's me design the patches, jsing

13. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

ty etherielin! sry that you have to deal with all that crap above. are there no age restrictions to sign up to the forum?

14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Nope.

15. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

So are we just going to ignore my question about why angel of chaos was nerfed? @Etherielin

16. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

It is not really lookin at buffing units rather buffing the ability itself. If shattered summons was CD 1...Then BGs dedicated to clones will have more fear or have to strategize in killing the shattered summons champ. The champ with the ability could be weak in Health movement or be squishy.
    Just like detect versus assassinate or hidden traps. Detect makes them instant vulnerable but not completely wasted.

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I usually do this kind of stuff and it still works, maybe something that you missed impeded the KB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.