Which Faction is the strongest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XFurionsX, Jul 29, 2021.

?

Which faction is the strongest?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2021.
  1. Ironfist Stronghold

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Hey everyone, here's a poll that i know it won't cause much controversy, some say is KF, others FW, may be ST, would like to know your opinion on the topic.

2. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just to be clear, are you talking overall, in splits or ff? For example, is KF the best because they have many strong and easy to use decks in FF? or is SL the best because they have some of the easiest runes to split with AND the best ff?

Safe answer is KF, but I think SL and ST have the most powerful deck combinations. UD might also just be the best faction, it's hard to say.

FW is easy to play, but are pretty weak and gimmicky.

Honestly this is really hard to determine objectively due to low player base. Easiest thing to do is look at top players and see what they play the most of.

3. XFurionsX

Overall strongest.

4. Bushido

I mean, it's probably SL just because they have so much utility. But KF will get all the votes, even though they can't really split as good as other factions

5. XFurionsX

Not even 1 vote for UD? :eek:

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

IS is OP

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

This is the way.

8. Bushido

I agree, nerf geomancer, most broken rune in game

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

The faction that the developers and specialboy players are most biased for get the most buffs while all the other factions get crapped on. I would say that Ironfist Stronghold competes with Kthir Forest for factions most loved overall with Savage Tundra coming in third as the middle child of the three beloved. Forglar Swamp is just default good because of +6 nora per turn, but not actively loved because of ugly frogs. The orphan neglected children would be SP, SL, UD, and FW who occasionally rear their heads to smite the beloved IS, ST, or KF.

TeaNinja, XFurionsX and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Bushido

Fw is by far the most hated faction.
    • First of all, it's strong against KF (So evil **** faction).
    • Second of all, macca thinks the faction is better than it actually is (he's also a specialboy).
    • Third of all, no1 really plays FW. Bornegar and myself are basically the only ones (and im pretty sure I play more than him).
    • Fourth of all, I play the faction, and that causes it to get nerfed (not kidding)
    • Fifth of all, the current "design" is extremely gimmicky high cost dice roll champions. The design is so cancerous that you'd have to really have a lot of patience to actually want to ladder in this meta.
    • Sixth of all, counters such as maxx and sunder hellion don't get nerfed because beth doesn't understand basic mathematics.
    • Seventh, SL is insanely strong because Beth is afraid mike lin will shut down database if he doesn't obey his sith master

11. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

Current Drums of War data shows FW slightly ahead of ST as the most popular faction,

The most active FW players over the period are:

1. SlyDogz
    2. Boernegar
    3. xFurionsx
    4. LordErno
    5. koraas

It's actually SP that has the least activity....

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  12. XFurionsX

But why i never see them online? maybe they are when i'm not, i would really like to watch some good FW players.

Edit: lies, i saw Sly the other day but if i recall he was not playing FW.

13. L33Ch

Simple answer - there isn't much activity and DoW is calculated from the last reset in April.

Sly played just over 100 games last month compared to almost 300 by yourself and 0 games by Boernegar , so your currently the most active FW player .

As for good players thats debateable, DMrBadGuy played a nasty FW/SP Death benefit split I considered tough to beat at the time.

Now your left with maybe DiceMoney ;)

XFurionsX likes this.
  14. Bushido

Topic was strongest not popularity. Also, that really isn't accurate since there are alts. Also, you need to take into consideration past the current DOW. I've been very active for far longer than a lot of players who bplay FW. Even if you go back only to PD release, I think it makes a difference to say someone who was active during corpse era (so like macca or teaninja, kalsle). If we look at something like that, i have 7k+ alts fw games played.

15. L33Ch

The Topic was answered with a whole 5 votes for IS , which for Full Faction I would place maybe 4th after KF UD & ST in the current meta.

My reply was obviously in direct response to several inaccurate statements made as you inevitably spiralled once more into the same old FW rant.

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

16. Bushido

KF ST UD & FS are noticeably stronger than other factions. SP might be included in that top factions, I just don't really know for sure because I've only seen them a few times. FW and IS are noticably weaker, although I think some things in IS are actually quite strong, but same as SP they aren't played often. Why anyone plays FW (do they?) is beyond me. I can't really think of a single thing they can do better than other factions, other than lose games that would otherwise be easy to win with factions with a good bonus and competitive units.

L33Ch likes this.
  17. L33Ch

They have unique spells, relics and equips that synergize well with many splits and the reduced cooldown from it's faction bonus can be useful, especially considering some of the lowest cost beaters in the game. Also not to be discounted much like UD, the theme appeals to those who like playing the bad guys and the artwork is superb.

Someone also deserving a mention I forgot is BrokenNeck , a stalwart oldschool FW player, usually hanging out in unranked that will always fight to the end regardless of how OP a test deck u throw at him.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  18. Bushido

Ive also almost never lost a game vs broke neck. My point still stands, ff fw is great at losing games, not much else. Something unique doesn't mean its good, they have bazaar, eternal lich, and mobi / ed. That's really it.

They don't have any good low cost beaters that cant be found better in other faction. You can give me an example and I'll point to another unit that does it better, and why they are better.

The closest they have to a top in class beater is death guard. And I'd say temple guardian is better because of theme synergy. If you want to play ff fw, that's ur perogative, I'm just saying it's not competitive,

19. L33Ch

You originally asked why anyone would play FW which they obviously do but in splits.

As for FF, clearly they are weak and in need of buffs to be more competitive but also care needs to be taken in regards to those effects on split BG's.

I mentioned BrokenNeck to reinforce how dedicated players are to this faction (much like yourself) even given its relative disadvantages.

Most of these posts would be better suited in a "Weakest Faction" thread but since you asked I will wade in first with my thoughts on Skellies.

Sadly it probably was the strongest FF theme FW had, although the slow play style was not much fun (for me) to either play or play against but was at least a counter to the current Rush meta.

If it had been possible (given current coding limitations) for all summons to be unable to drop relics and thereby contest fonts. This may have been a better solution than the current nerfs to Bone Slave/Mine which appear to have only shoeboxed the theme further. If any theme needs "a sprinkling" of attack types it is this one.

As for a viable Top Tier theme if you tweeked Vampires it has some potential, synergies with Elder Bloodbinder , cheap recycleable beaters , Essence Drain/Mobilization/SoulReave/Repurpose , anti-heal with Skull of Decay etc.

Unfortunately most top tier BG's exploit one or more game mechanics so any real attempt to discuss a balanced theme becomes redundant.

If as claimed nerfs to FW were actually due to you playing it and not just delusions of grandeur then perhaps your diplomacy skills need more work than FW does?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  20. Bushido

Well, I really appreciate the everything said up until the last paragraph. Unfortunately "clearly " doesn't actually mean the lead dev agrees with your position. In fact, he doesn't play pox nora, and doesn't really know what is strong and what is not.

It's not my diplomatic skills that need work, it's Pox's lead development team that does.

L33Ch likes this.