IS/KF Defensive Ramp-Up

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Sarashu, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Sarashu

Sarashu The King of Potatoes

I dislike leaving the opponent free to focus my units as they please; and being easily countered by something as accessible as cleanse; and other forms of damage bonuses just always seem to pale to ones that continuously increase; so I keep going towards something like this. I'd be interested to hear general thoughts on strengths/weaknesses/oversights/additions/subtractions. Still working on filling out non-champions:

[​IMG]

Hopefully the multiple iterations isn't annoying; I find the visual cue useful to give a better sense of proportions.

Solo
    - Crusader
    - Crusader
    - Aurora Lancer
    - Wisp

Damage: Single Target
    - Brutality Barbarian
    - Brutality Barbarian
    - Crusader
    - Crusader
    - Pureblood Plainswalker (Violent)

Damage: AoE
    - Tortun Repeater (Sentinel)

Mitigation: Majestic
    - Aspect of Life
    - Aspect of Life
    - Grintmaw Shaman
    - Aurora Lancer

Mitigation: Shroud
    - Barbarian Guardian
    - Barbarian Guardian

Mitigation: Tough 3
    - Elven Tender
    - Elven Tender

Mitigation: Nexus Aura
    - Barbarian Guardian
    - Barbarian Guardian
    - Elven Tender
    - Elven Tender

I think I'm kind of obsessed with trying to ensure consistent mitigation, and at least requiring multiple layers of counters to it. I'm finding Nexus Aura insanely potent in general, especially once you have enough units to maintain it indefinitely.

Healing
    - Aspect of Life
    - Aspect of Life
    - Elven Tender
    - Elven Tender
    - Barbarian Druid
    - Grintmaw Shaman

- Ivory Wing

Cleanse
    - Aspect of Life
    - Aspect of Life
    - Ivory Wing (Cleansing Aura)
    - Barbarian Druid

I really prefer to have some Cleansing Aura, for conditions that keep proccing every turn.

Dispel
    - Pureblood Plainswalker

Detection
    - Barbarian Druid

Spells
    - Disarm
    - Grimlic's Mirror
    - Grintmaw Hymn
    - Stasis Field
    - Vortex

I'm kind of going with the idea that I can use mitigation spells to buy time and turn that into extra damage, rather than spells that enable damage more directly.

I know Stasis Field can potentially be walked out of, but I think its potential to mess with a group of enemies is still quite high, for one spell.

I know Pacified is pretty good 'cause it's non-cleansable, but it has some conflicts with this deck, in that 1) pacified units can't be engaged, denying Thirst for Battle and possibly helping a full-on enemy disengagement which I wouldn't want; and 2) due to the pacing of my offense, it might be less advantageous since they can just pool their AP while Pacified and use it later -- probably on my backline. But, maybe Reclaim is still too good to pass up.

Relics
    - Ankh of Valdac
    - Griffin Perch

Equipment
    - Burning Oak Seed
    - Horn of Order
    - Rejuvenation Ring
    - Rejuvenation Ring

Especially since Rejuvenation Ring procs on both players' turns, I find it an effective form of raw sustain to take some reliance off of healer units.

Anyway at the end of the day I'm just kind of hyped about the concept and wanted to lay it out/share it as well as get some general strategic/building input on it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Have you considered going fully into the Nexus Aura route of damage mitigation? You already have the Guardian and Tender for infinite cycling. AoL has enough healing for any damage dealt and cleansing aura to deal with distract as of next patch. Add in Spirit of Endurance for further mitigation. To prevent knockbacks out of aura, run swiftwind. To enable this to work early before drawing out your "nexus aura" champ engine, you can run

3. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

You'll get better cycling with KF/FS Nexus Auras. Tenders and Botantists along with FS Angels (who have creativity), Elven Artisans with Soulspheres, Swiftwind, Marsh Song, Bubble of Protection, and Portal Mages (for Bubble and troop movement), you'll be in mitigation heaven.

Ohmin likes this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but I saw this and I had to ask...
    It's been a long time since I've played... but who thought it was a good idea to give FS Creativity? Let alone on Angels?

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

It's already gone. And FS had creativity on another rune - namely a Jellebrium Overmind. It's also gone from there.

Ohmin likes this.
  6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Thanks.

I love FS, it's my favorite faction from when I was actively playing, just seemed like Creativity (especially on a generically useful unit, which Overmind I remember being pretty good too but still less generic) was a bit much.

Anyway, shows you how long it's been that I didn't see it come or go.