Which Faction is the strongest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XFurionsX, Jul 29, 2021.

?

Which faction is the strongest?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2021.
  1. Ironfist Stronghold

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

If you ask me zombies need some love too, with so many summon interactions the theme is in the gutter, spirits and witches are hella fun and so are worms, in my opinion right now liches are stronget than skellies atm, and it is the strongest theme.

2. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

imo, meta, zombies, lich, skeleton, worms, spirit, witch, in that order. Truly believe zombies are one of best themes in FW right now. That being said, they suck.

3. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

My apologies I just couldn't resist a small poke ;) , but I do think they are well aware of just how ridiculously OP many changes have been and the need for winding it back.

I watched Tiny just before he quit, play Delim Tree's and as usual milk every last drop out of it and even with a board advantage he was unable to counter elvesrule playing KF Wizards once he got the Wisps out.

I mean WTF :confused: spell resist from Throne of the Circle combined with impenatrable from Crown of Petals added to it's own one with nora and fascinate... :eek: Little Fairy Mega Tank should be banned from ranked - magic acolyte is currently bugged and heals even when not taking damage at times.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  4. L33Ch

:D They definitely need some love , I liked running corpse piles and a mason spire as a module for some cheap meat but ofc infected zombie summon got a nerf and its only viable now if u run it in a full zombie deck.

5. Bushido

This is how I play "zombies". You can probably take out the doom for a shadowshank. You can definitely beat unoptimized decks, but anything that is actually worth running to ladder up will just steam roll you because FW doesn't have many overpowered things anymore compared to the other factions. Boghopper zombies are great at 30 nora. You can use them to deal extra knockback damage from ur big zombie by leaping behind them. Also, the 2x2 zombies are pretty strong with black pearl, as is morgana.

Attached Files:

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Magic Acolyte - and all other acolytes - trigger when any source of magic damage is dealt to any champion (with exception of DoTs). It doesn't have to be wisp (or any other acolyte champ).

7. L33Ch

I'm well aware of this , it also triggers sometimes when taking no damage from a failed attack, I assume this is from a magic immunity interaction produced from one with nora as I've only seen it occur against the wisp, hard to tell which resist is doing it as it usually has several.

8. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

For fun, if I had to rank factions with only ">" allowed (no tiers): ST > KF > SP > UD > SL > FS > IS > FW

Most of the gaps, however, are not that large. But I think answering the question of how to order them is easier than how large are the gaps. Also a lot of (internal) assumptions on how the ordering is defined so you'll never get a clean or precise answer.

L33Ch likes this.
  9. Bushido

Sp really that strong still? Moga electricity and
    What's the best SP stuff you see right now? Just the usual good stuff? Or is it electric/ slags / voil that are placing it so high? Or is the split potential with db?

I'd place UD higher than SP if you have 2 ol and 2 harbs personally. Salaam maybe important too. Mainly because of sacrifice, but also because of Maxx punishing (auto winning) any strategy that uses sub 75 nora units.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  10. L33Ch

If the player base were larger and the game data easier to access then over time you could get a very precise answer from the statistical analysis of that data.

I would love to be able to interogate the server directly even just for what faction or split was used in each win.

Currently player skill is still probably the largest determining factor (as it should be) but I would challenge even you to hit the top with a FF FW deck in it's current state.

11. Bushido

Skill ceiling is currently very low. I attribute that to the lack of player games (competition) driving low visibility into game design issues, and the lack of development on said issues that stand out to top players. 100% correct about having more data = better understanding, but we'd never be able to acquire that data without being able to simulate games via ai.

I think hitting top with ff fw is doable, but only because the game is so uncompetitive right now. It's also extremely frustrating, as you'd have to dice roll multiple times a match as FW, since the current meta is extremely gimmicky; ie rush down focused, where you must use high nora cost champions. Using arcane intervention and champions like morgana/ serkan is just hoping your opponent doesn't use a certain option to counter it. Then you have things like Griffin perch that let you ignore positioning for 25 nora, sacrifice, swap, and a myriad of op equips.

Quite honestly I see no reason to ever play ff fw. Xulous isn't good enough to warrant ff, and the ff fw bonus is actually stronger in splits due to rune draw limiting most options that come with 60% cdr vs 30%.

I hit top 10 with stitched combo this season, it was very unrewarding, but it was so much easier than playing ff fw, which I am much more skilled at.

12. L33Ch

Why would you bother ? when u could have real player info with just 2 extra variables saved in the current DB, too much effort and regrdless of how complex the heuristics your still only getting simulated data...

13. Bushido

Because with such a low player base, new strategies aren't tested enough. With ai (aggregate ai) the idea is that the AI learns and adapts until it has an optimal win rate strategy. There is very little incentive to change decks when you are human because 1) it is expensive to change factions as seen in other threads, and 2). ppl want to play things that they have nolstagia for or whatever. Very few players truly don't care what faction they play; which is why pox junkie / guitar ape / tiny are generally considered top players, they don't actually stick to one strategy / faction.

14. L33Ch

Ok well I was speaking in "real" terms, where a large player base would help reduce the skewed results that would occur from multiple alts with high win ratios.

15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'll investigate if you could provide me with reproduction steps or a screenshot the next time you witness it.

16. Bushido

its not alting so much as there really just not being a lot of players
    could you nerf pounce across the board, especially spot pounce? It is one of the most bugged abilities that goes through thjings like blind, while providing cheap alt damage, +2 damage, un mititgated shrine damage, and also giving most factions that have stat bonuses and unfair advantage. I find it biased you nerfed zombie plague before nerfing pounce or territorial, which are far more game breaking bugs.

Not blaming you for nerfing zombie plague, but infected zombie really sucks now, he could use a -10 nora mod. melee swarm is honestly pathetic, esp in zombies where it's their racial.

17. Bushido

also remove dazzling from morgana, it blinds your own units, and was never good design to begin with.

18. L33Ch

Haven't played much for some time but as I recall a 2nd magic attack against Wisp after it had immunity caused this but I'll try to reproduce it.
    Although a few extra hp healed is the least of the problems with this unit at it's present cost.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  19. Bushido

actually I think you are right if acolyte shares the same POXML with masochist.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

5/7 is the strongest fraction