Bought a Truck and a Fifth Wheel...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Selling the house and exploring all that the United States (and Canada, probably) has to offer over the next few (?) years!

So I won't be around nearly as much, but I will miss you all!

BurnPyro, super71, Ohmin and 2 others like this.
  2. Sokolov

[​IMG]

Ohmin likes this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Nice.
    Edit: Never used this myself, but I remembered it from a while back an it seems like the type of device that would be useful on a long trip.

Bushido likes this.
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

amazing, show us some interior shots or if something in there is really cleverly designed. Room efficiency is always satisfying

IMAGIRL likes this.
  5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Let us know if you're looking for places to check out.

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

"Life is like a book, and those who don't travel only read one page."

Safe journeys friend. Thanks again for all the time and effort you've put into Pox over the years. Stop by the discord from time to time, we'd love to see pictures of all the neat things you've seen!

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Good luck. I like taking highway 40 east all the way to Oklahoma City Oklahoma, then I get on 44 and go through Missouri to Kentucky. Highway 40 is the best route for hitting all the cheap gas trucker stops. Watch out for all the toll stops if you go through Oklahoma.

Bushido likes this.
  8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Surprised something so small can fit a family

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

it doesn't, the "I will miss you" is for the girls

Ohmin and Bushido like this.
  10. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Make sure you bring a fire arm for real. Also, you might consider a 3d printer.

Great idea, it's good to unplug and experience nature. Come visit new England, just don't nerf skeletons when u get here.

Jokes aside, I love you bud, take care.

Ohmin and Sokolov like this.
  11. Sokolov

This is the floor plan. There is a bunk room for the kids.

[​IMG]

IMAGIRL likes this.
  12. Sokolov

You are right, these are really cool. I almost bought one but I didn't get any though mostly because they are more useful for tent/van dwellers.

These things are basically an inverter, charge controller and a battery in one bundle then marked up. Very convenient but not very extensible.

We plan to get a heavy duty solar system installed so...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  13. Sokolov

Sure! The list will be long but if you have anything cool that may not in the standard radars I will add it my spreadsheets.

And yes, I am building spreadsheets... for all 50 states. Because of course I would.

Well, will probably skip Hawaii cause the RV is not amphibious, lol

14. Sokolov

15. Sokolov

16. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

Looks very nice, I wish u well on your abventures. My only concerns would be with the truck and those large front tyres and small rears, how does it handle around the speed limit with a cross wind for example ?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think the picture was a fisheye lens, the tires are probably the same size front and rear. I haven't ever drove with a 5th wheel trailer, but a 41 foot long motorhome definitely feels the wind. In a strong enough wind they can be blown out of the lane or even tipped over, but that's uncommon.

As for recommendations on where to visit in Minnesota, it depends on what your family's interests are. Highway 61 along the north shore of Lake Superior has some of the most scenic views in Minnesota. Also there are a few state parks to camp in with a lot of hiking trails. In Minneapolis there are a few theaters if you're interested in seeing a show. There are a number of historical sites across the state as well. The more common places to see that I feel are overrated are Lake City, where water skiing was invented, and the Mall of America.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Have a good time!

Hope you'll be willing to post some pictures of your travels on here, if you've the inclination.

19. Sokolov

Still loading up and organizing so haven't left the house yet for any real trips besides the one from up above (which was White Spar Campgrounds in Prescott, AZ).

In the meantime, here's how we eat!

[​IMG]

20. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

That's alota big bowls