why do acid bomb and breath both exist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, May 13, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why not one or the other and this game has a million abilities like this ? Are the devs looking at during the revamp removing useless abilities that already exist in another form?

Vorian likes this.
  2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

There are so many pointless abilities like Ice Snap.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

flavor.

Woffleet and Faust like this.
  4. super71

Well to new player's its a nightmare doesn't make things more interesting.

5. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

I'm sure 'problems' like these will be fixed with the revamp so this won't be an issue for long.

Woffleet likes this.
  6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Because Vindrax does not use petty things like bombs.

And the Skeez alchemist doesn't have the lung capacity to breath that much acid, besides he already seems to spit fire.

Or in other words...

Rockhopper, Baskitkase and LordRahan like this.
  7. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

Lifedrain aura and evil aura are pretty close. I think power attack and pulverize are similiar but different in slight ways.

8. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

why this game has rune arts and those names for champs? Why can't it be just simple Ironfist:unit 1/unit 2 with no pictures... or even better, [Faction A:Unit 2], [Faction B:Spell 9] etc. that way we wouldn't need all those colorful stuff that's hard to understand for new players.

Monyx and learnedone like this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

why don't we all just play chess

at some point or another, you cross a line between "good flavor" and "pointless flavor", but learning that bombs means cones means breaths isn't exactly the hardest part of pox, for me.

Baskitkase likes this.
  10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Dagda,

Will you make me a chocolate ice cream breath? Your bomb smells like ace, brush your teeth. Hehe, bro, you know I <3 u, you're the cone, man.

LoVe,

Bakki

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Yeh I have been thinking the abilities should be merged for ages!

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The dragon god doesn't bomb you, he spits in your face!

JaceDragon likes this.
  13. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

I think the best compromise is seen on basic attacks. Abilities like Attack - Gun, Attack - Sand exist, but they all say the same thing -- "This unit makes a physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack."

I'm fine with having different names for the same ability, but make them have the same (short) rule text. "Deal acid damage equal to this units DMG in the affected area, ignoring defense. Units damaged become scoured 2"

14. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

also i dont think that Vindrax can accualy use bomb's or Alchemist can use breath

15. super71

It makes it a nightmare because this game has thousand of abilities and for no real reason. The majority of the abilities do the same thing but maybe a different cooldown and other slight changes. You say for flavor but flavor isn't when you change the name of something that does the same as something else that's pointless.

16. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

This. Also, ability consolidation is supposed to be happening with the revamp. If this is the case, hopefully we will see plenty of wonderfully truncated ability descriptions without all of the parentheses chaos.

super71 likes this.
  17. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

In red the answer for the different name. Or flavor of course.

U said pointless, but like other said this game isn't chess, instead of complain about it, you could try to take in mind that acid breath/bomb aren't the same thing but DO the same thing.

18. super71

Aren't the same thing but do the same thing so essentially they are the same ability with a different name thank you for proving my point?

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Poison Fart.

Well, what can I say, I'm in.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think that's the replacement for Poison Cloud.

21. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

You continue to don't undestand. Think what u want, i don't find difficult learn more name, or read a text during a game.