Steam will stop running on Windows 7 & Windows 8 in 157 days

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Excalibur95, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

Steam will stop running on Windows 7 & Windows 8 in 157 days from 28th July 2023.

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4784-4F2B-1321-800A

As far as I can see Poxnora only has a steam client, there is no non steam or standalone game client. Nor can you play via a web browser as you once used to be able to.

Looking at the system requirements on your website (probably out ofdate) it states te latest version of Windows that poxnora will run on is Windows 8. I guess the steam client can run on later o/s?

Either way I will have no way of playing tis game because i run Windows 7.

I request you please make available a non steam standalone client for poxnora that can run on all operating systems (versions of windows).

I hope this is possible and you still have 157 days till i and others will need it.

I do not personally want to upgrade to newer operating systems like 10 and 11 because of the anti-privacy spyware nature of them.

I also hate how steam will essentially bedeleting tons of my games I paid for because they have not been updated and will never run on newer windows machines. I guess owning anything anymore is seen as bad and we shall rent and lose them instead. I know this is not the place to say that...

Anyone else notice the world falling apart all around us?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

There are no plans to make a standalone client.

3. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Might it be worth contacting Steam about this, given that Poxnora is by no means the only game affected?