Am I the only one who wants new avatars and font skins?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rokkushun, May 14, 2014.

1. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'd be willing to pay real money for font skins that have no differences besides the appearance.

I'd buy new avatars that promote themes or synergize at all with other units (boost abilities or something.)

I'd pay in a heartbeat for different fonts with different font abilities (some factions would use this more than others). This one would make the game less new player friendly though.

Heck I'd pay for little cosmetic differences on avatars, maybe a limited edition santa hat or something around xmas, and bunny ears on easter or something like that.

I just would love this idea. I've been wanting new avatars for ages and was wondering what other people thought.

2. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

So... you would pay to have advantage over not paying players. I think devs should implement premium account options, it could be like subscription and all your champs get 10% buff for every stat.

3. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

No you misunderstood, I'm saying I'd pay real money, I didn't say that they had to be "premium-only".
    I guess I should have made that clear.

4. Clipped955

Clipped955 New Member

I just want opposing fonts to be noticably darker/lighter in mirror matches. Is that too much to ask?

5. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I've been wanting to pay for a Salaman, Bok, Paladin for a while.
    The only ava I even enjoy Aesthetically is ST's.

Just this though, minimizing the 'bought power' thing could only help. I definitely would get all the above 5$ a piece, no more than 10 pl0X, and I'd still instabuy a Bok one at that price point, if nothing else.

6. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

*Different skin versions of Avatars, Fonts etc. would definitely be a good source of revenue.

7. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

i want this most of all, almost asmuch as revamp. but i want it alott

8. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

What would be cool is if the Titan runes could replace avatars in the revamp. Turn the current avatars into titans and create an extra "avatar/titan" slot that can only be filed by those special runes.

The titans would then behave similar to avatars. This would allow the devs make titans uber like that wanted.

I would love to use ancestral avenger add my avatar for my garu bg

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I'd spend a few bucks for stuff like that. The skins, not a whole new avatar. If you're going to make new avatars, they should be themed (which means designed to work well with a theme, not that it has to be more powerful than the generic version), you could even bundle in some theme enablers. Go all American Pickers and do the bundle. Let's break the ice, and then go full on junk drunk in this honey hole. Just remember to leave a little meat on the bone.

10. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Peeps be agitating for these ideas every so often. DoGz is occupied now, but 6 months hence it could be realized.

11. Eonix

Eonix New Member

I think adding payments for little knick-knacks is always a slippery road in any online game. Not that it would be a bad idea, but usually when anything like this is introduced, there is a sizable backlash from the community. We, as players, are extremely sensitive to anything that involves our wallets. Granted, I find the PoxNora community much better with such issues than other games, but even we look very closely at the developers' hands when they venture anywhere near the money buttons.

The developers in online games have long struggled with the equasion of "how much can we charge so that we can eat and don't need to all take second jobs, while letting the players feel like we are not after their money." Right now, I feel like PoxNora is extremely classy in this regard. We only have to open our wallets for packs or boxes, and not counting the latest expansion, we don't even have to do that - there is gold. It must be viable, because the game is alive, but I don't think anyone is getting super rich here.

That said, I don't disagree with the suggestion. I think adding little things like that would be very neat. I just find it a very slippery concept. Perhaps adding an option to get above for gold as well, would appease some players who won't like seeing additional items for sale.

Here is to hoping that this can be done without too much of a pitch and fork witch hunt from some members of the community who may raise their torches in an agry shout "Down With Capitalism! Free PoxNora For All!"

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

you could charge 20k gold for a skin without too much worry the f2p'ers will bleed you dry. They wont have that kind of spare change lying around. The long term players or the ones who pay cash usually will be the ones taking advantage of it.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

Maybe an avatar for each main theme in each faction? Like Underdepths for example, will have Bok, Spider, and an Imp avatar? What would be even cooler would be a bad ass Vothsair avatar. But, of course, I can only dream....

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm just gonna say right now that an Imp Avatar would be OP, regardless of its stats and abilities.

and I need one.

bClef and Hekatian like this.
  15. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would buy the %&*# out of new skins for avatars. Owls, gimme an excuse to throw money at you!

16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

I have proven time and time again...I will throw money at the screen to pretend Im 1337...

[​IMG]

Don't be jelly at this skin I got... +10 to skill in game.

p.s. I need meaningless content to distance myself from these loserz. Skins, auras, particles, titles, name tags...w/e

17. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Boy bigchief, yeah...that makes us F2P folks want to play with you... >.<

Kidding. I agree that a major source of revenue would be cosmetic-only stuff and I think people would be less averse to it than buying packs, for example. That said...Im still of the opinion we need to remove Avatars entirely. They add nothing to the game.

18. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

to be fair the current Avatars already have 5 different looks from their 10 level upgrades.

It would be nice if those appearance changes for the main avatars were unlocked options rather than permanent changes. Could already make avatars looks a little different.

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Well plenty of scrubs are p2w too mang... I don't want to get any of them on me either.

DarkJello and Stargorger like this.
  20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

To be honest guys, none of it matters if your playerbase keeps stuck on 100~150 people.
    This week I logged in 3 times after work to play a bit, most players I´ve seen at ranked lobby was around 50. I realise it has a lot to do with timezones and whatnot, but around June of last year at the same time I used to see +120 players on ranked lobby.
    Game is in such a bad state, balance wise, that no matter what one does it just can´t keep its players, either new or old.
    We need something done. Fast.