Why must rare leaguers constantly face limited players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeneralNo, May 16, 2014.

1. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Wow, dude. She was just trying to give you some constructive criticism and perspective. Tons of people repeat a couple points on any online forum; not everyone has the time to read every single post ever written in every thread.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Cowards will be cowards, either in Pox or real life.
    What I usually do is snipe them, it's awesome to deny those guys the FQ when they ask saying "uh, I qed with the wrong bg, please let´s FQ".

learnedone and Baskitkase like this.
  3. GeneralNo

GeneralNo New Member

i would say that person was being a puntz first no offense to you or that person. but very nice of you to take up for them. youre a good lad. however i still back up my statements made in response to what was said. and you are right. he didnt want to fq. and i went on to the next game. but in the meantime i made this thread to discuss Limited players going against Rare league players and what can be done to improve this. so i guess we have to wait til we get more players until something can possibly be done about this. however i really hope the situation becomes improved.

4. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Its called the "surrender" button. Why didn't you just hit surrender? You don't seem to want to gain rank, surrendering would move you out of the game. Calling out someone for not giving you a FQ when all you have to do is surrender is a pretty **** move.

I never understand when lower ranked players ask me for a FQ. Just hit surrender. I won't get any points, and the player surrendering loses points. Obviously someone asking for a FQ isn't concerned about their rank, they just don't want to play vs someone they think is better than them. The surrender button solves all your problems without you having to complain about someone who is simply playing the game.

Yeah, **** move.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  5. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

This is what irritates me about this community. Why would you want to stomp a new player. Where is the reward. NO exp. NO competition. NO anything other than a win. I cant even accuse people of being rank whores....you get NO exp. This is just stupid and problematic for the community. I always offer FQ in the begining....if they want to play I play...if they dont we FQ. Its better for the game and community. THAT being said.....if your an old player that hasnt played in awhile or has de-ranked you shouldnt ask for an FQ. This is easy to see just by looking at their level. Shame on the Vets who prey on the new players.

GeneralNo likes this.
  6. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

You get 1 xp and get to play a game instead of endlessly waiting.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Well considering how he's acting in this thread, if he did the same against me I'd tattoo Dominated by Baskit on his forehead. This is the fashion right now so he'd arguably owe me one.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah and every time I offer FQ's to exos or lower, they refuse it because "it's good experience"

It works both ways. I don't want to waste my time playing you either. It's just as boring and much more risky for me than it is for you, if anything you should be happy and I should be anxious.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Also NoraThat is an *******, what else is new

Ballballer and GeneralNo like this.
  10. IceHippo

IceHippo Active Member

I personally enjoy playing limited despite being a fairly new player. I find it to be a great way to learn through a thorough **** beating. Though, I did win once, and no I will not name names :p

Still, I believe it's "polite" to allow an FQ to a new player if they request it. In fact, more often than not when I have been in rare or lower the limited players has actually asked me for an FQ. It doesn't seem like it would put someone out so much to grant such a simple courtesy, but then again, I am not a rank *****.

11. xxLordQxx

To add to my reply. As a new player once you get a handle on your deck you should look forward to playing higher ranked opponents. Its the only way you will get better. My original standpoint is from the perspective that this new player is still learning how to play the game. Once you get a handle on that.....you need good opponents to get better.

GeneralNo and SPiEkY like this.
  12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I accept any FQ from rare league or lower and think that everyone who doesn't is a hopeless jerk that should quit the game.

13. xxLordQxx

Ahh ok. Well in any event most vets have been playing long enough and shouldnt be that hard up for a game. I truly understand both sides and realize there are exceptions to each case. But in general for the better of the community just give them an FQ. Its not the end of the world.

GeneralNo likes this.
  14. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Ill start this off by saying i didn't bother reading any comments so excuse me for any repeated points

1) Any limited player who tells you play him to get better.....does not give a damn about you , he wants to farm you for easy xp .

2) i always offer the fq.....but if the player refuses to fq i try to give him tips if he seems like he wants to learn ( basic tips, nothing too advanced , to make sure i don't give bad info :) )

3) Lastly , Don't think of this game so much as Winning or losing when you're starting out... just focus on learning something every game, because rank is not important , no matter what rank you are after losing many games to improve yourself... you will end up being higher rank then you were if you dodged and didn't learn anything.

Ballballer and GeneralNo like this.
  15. GeneralNo

GeneralNo New Member

i really havent said anything out of the way to anyone other than the banshee person. im sorry but you seem to have some sort of relation with this person to take up for him so. either way saying that im acting poorly is really taking it a bit far. i could easily say the same of you now. only difference would be my statement would be accurate and yours wouldnt. anyways i do not wish to talk about norathat. im sorry i brought it up. but i really wish to just talk about how we can improve the system. maybe i will just start a new thread. thank you all for your input. banshee included.

16. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Path to pro

17. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

Here's the secret that few know. It's 42 seconds in the queue before you begin to get matched with players outside your "circle" of experience. If you only wait 42 seconds....not a moment longer....you'll only be matched with someone close to your rank. If you don't get matched, quit the queue then instantly join again and try another 42 seconds until you get a decent rank matchup.

Don't wait 43 seconds unless you wish to play against TinyDragon. Or worse, Tiny's unranked alt...who will still kick you all over the map, but majorly lower you rank too.

Monyx likes this.
  18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i fq when people ask, 9 times out of 10. all i require is for you to give a decent reason and for me to be in the mood. and as there's no way for me to tell if you're BSing the reason, i just end up FQing a lot

also yeah, a lot of the time when you play someone to learn something, ask yourself halfway through the game what it is exactly that you're learning. ask again at the end. if i were to set up a pox-tutoring system (i've been offered money to get people better at pox before, which seemed ridiculous to me at the time), i'd probably have two people that knew what they were doing (P) per one person that didn't (N), and in the event that one of the P was playing against the N, i'd have the one who wasn't be watching and doing the bulk of the analyzing, and asking questions all throughout the game. maybe in a skype call or on a stream, if possible. i wouldn't have the person playing vs the guy be the main analyst, just the practice dummy (only a dummy that hits hard)

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah this is more about playing vs a **** who is a higher rank rather then just a higher rank. Avoid ****s..play dead.

20. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

Getting completely obliterated is not fun. Neither is sitting in a queue forever, just hoping for a matchup, staring at the ripply bubble thing. I've done both. And I have to say that getting obliterated in-game is much better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fairly new player with no rank to speak of and I feel your pain. There are times when you just don't feel like getting the floor wiped with your head. But if I haven't learned anything else about Pox, I HAVE learned that you're simply gonna get creamed for awhile until you pick up the advanced play. There's no two ways about it. The learning curve is just that steep. So you shouldn't base your games on what rank the opponent is until you're actually worried about rank--and that just won't happen right away. Pox is not one of those games. Even the absolute best cards in this game require skill to use them effectively. That (imo) is what's so great about it.

SPiEkY likes this.