How about Bazar?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Isendel, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Isendel

Isendel The King of Potatoes

What about the bazaar?
    Sites like poxbox have permanently destroyed a great part of pox.
    I think the new management should do something about it ...

2. triarii

triarii New Member

Poxbox > Bazaar. Poxbox IS a great part of pox. the Bazaar was a shark pit. Poxbox gives you a fair price, and doesn't try to scam you. In two words, good riddance.

Xiape, Xinde, Kampel and 1 other person like this.
  3. Isendel

Isendel The King of Potatoes

So you think it's better if bazaar's chat is closed forever?
    The ability to trade on the bazaar was just the most fun thing for me

Nobody thinks like me?

pkillo likes this.
  4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

No.

PoxBox is far better. Bazar was largely a place where sharks and vultures ripped of the poor new players who didnt knew better.

ykmmmm likes this.
  5. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

Lots of the more difficult to find runes are still traded in bazaar type fashion. What if every chat (training grounds , ranked play, main lobby) had a second chat tab called bazaar. Anything with the words "trading, buying, etc" would get filtered into the bazaar tab and could be seen from any lobby.

6. Exit

Exit The King of Potatoes

The Bazaar usually had about 15 people occasionally blasting that they have all sorts of nifty runes for trade, in which they wanted a profit for. The requests I had made usually ran in to someone wanting far more than I wanted to trade out. It was the occasional random player that would be willing to do even/balanced trades. It took a lot of time, but well worth the wait.

I never used these outside sellers for trades, but they were invaluable for getting an idea of value - especially when I was new to everything. I heard horror stories of new players getting destroyed in trades, so I'm glad these stores exist.

Moreover, I created a Pox rune pricing index which collected hourly the prices from PoxPortal. It would show me the high, low, change over a day, change over a week, a stock price like graph, and such. Gainer got pissy about it, so I blocked access to it for general public. Still, I collected about two years worth of pricing on every rune.

The idea was collect the values from various stores and compute a relative value after normalizing (normalizing using say the cost of a ticket for the base, and cost of a Harbi for a high). This would have then given everyone a way to see which store has which rune for less, where it would get the best return, and how valuable it would be in private trades.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ignorence.

We should all be worshiping poxbox. Poxbox single-handedly saved Pox. The only reason Pox still has active players to this day is because Poxbox provided a quick and reliable trading method when all others failed. It's the only reason not everyone jumped ship when things started to go wrong with the SOE management of the game and it's marketingstrategy

Rockhopper and Karmavore like this.
  8. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Well, even then there were days where I would be able to set up in the Bazaar and facilitate rune pool trades. TCGBAY and PoxBox all had and have their place within the success of the game, at the same time, such things as PoxBox also may have stifled the trading aspect a bit. There were times when it was fun to try to negotiate and work out a deal, but in the end, once there is a fairly accepted place that establishes how valuable certain commodities are and there is no one willing to challenge the set pricing of items and nowhere else to really comparison shop, then there is no more bargaining and haggling. TCGBAY had a monopoly to begin with, then PoxBox came to be a better competitor due to automated trading, shifting the monopoly, the only way to survive is if people like the RunePool or other stores gave more value and loss less, though in the volatile market that is PoxNora, I know on my end, that meant that I would be regularly required to purchase boxes to refill and restock the RunePool.

In the end, I enjoyed my times in the Bazaar tab, though usually during expansion week and to help facilitate 1:1 legendary trades and/or C/UC/R and sometimes E trades.

nitebane21 likes this.
  9. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Yes.

10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Would be better if this method of trading was handled by the game though.

Anything that uses third party websites is inherently viewed as untrustworthy.

11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I don't think having a forum-based place to search for trades is a bad thing, even if there are plenty of sharks around. That said, I don't think that DOG should "do something" about PoxBox either, other than have a better business model than SOE, etc.

12. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

Like me when i first started in 07, i got a Dirge, Moga lord (Back then he was worth alott) and i traded it to snowski for a polar ant cause he told me its worth alot :l

Xinde likes this.
  13. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

I owe most of my theme bgs to poxbox over the years. It filled a void that soe did not allocate the resources to fill. With crystals rune availability will be better than ever but sadly I think it will be the death of poxbox.

14. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

pox box saved me from h.gif and avoid make me one of them the blodiest that feed on them making them more blodiest and start a neverending cicle

Paper Skull likes this.
  15. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i have to agree.....poxbox is an asset to this game....without it we would have to spend hours in bazaar fighting sharks.....and i cant even swim.

16. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

I think we need a trade tab in game. Next to the guild chatlog.

17. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

Not necessarily because lazy people like me would rather trade runes in rather than break down dozens of runes to get one rune.

18. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I dont think bazaar tab should be closed. I think it should be integrated with the Trader, so in-game in the bazaar lobby you can see the sprites of the runes that are being traded and if you click its a link to the trade or something cool like that.

19. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah you're right, after watching how things are turning out. If they ever bring in a single rune store now that's a different story.
    And as to the sharks they are back again in force. "Thank You. Enjoy!" in bids sound familiar? It kinda makes me sad. At least when pox was dying in the hands of soe the sharks took a vacation.