Pokemon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Skullferno, May 24, 2014.

1. PoxZuo

PoxZuo Administrator Octopi

It's a cropped screenshot of the profile page. That site takes forever to load... I liked the old one better.

Qucas and Skullferno like this.
  2. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I like your pick of Mew Two but if we are going by Movie Legendary Power Entie was able to create a whole dream world and become a god and Regigias was able to stop Giratine, the beholder and keeper of the shadow realm *Que Yugioh joke* Regigias is just badass too. I mean all the Regi's are. Especially in the Lucario movie. Lucario was like x10 awesome in that movie. Damn I miss good pokemon movies. Now they are just blehg....

Like the newest one for the english, Mew Two was a girl and didn't remember Ash and was a giant prick the entire movie. They need to connect the movies together or something cause that's pissing me off.

No disgrace to the legendary Mew Two I just think he/she is blehgh.

3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

upload_2014-6-6_12-41-7.png

Skullferno likes this.
  4. PoxZuo

I mostly like Mewtwo for his backstory; genetic manipulation stuff. Mewtwo was a girl in one of the movies? ...That's kinda weird. Last movie I watched was the one with the 2 plane looking pokemon... can't remember their names atm.

I've grown a soft spot for Lucario. Got one in my BW2 and he kicks some serious butt. Too many pokemon I like ><

Skullferno likes this.
  5. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Gallade is my favorite pokemon. He is such a strong gentleman. And he learns all kind of high crit moves: Stone edge, Leaf Blade,Night Slash, Psycho Cut. My ideal team is the one i'm actually running in Platinum:
    Gallade
    Gengar
    Torterra
    Houndoom
    Kingdra
    Togekiss

6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Nidoking can be pretty badass

[​IMG]

Yelmo and Qucas like this.
  7. PoxZuo

Look what I found

Rokkushun and PurpleTop like this.
  8. PurpleTop

YES!

Yelmo likes this.
  9. Vaayshan

Vaayshan Member

This guy is the best:

[​IMG]

10. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm already getting ready to cosplay him!
    project.png

PoxZuo and Qucas like this.
  11. Skullferno

Mega Rayquaza is op looking and the legendaries become 2 different types. Kyogre I believe is gonna be Water/Ice Groudon is Fire/Ground and Rayquaza is steel/dragon

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I haven't played nearly as much Pokemon as I should have and I don't yet have a dream team, but I really like Primeape, Rotom and Flotzel (also Shedinja and Haunter; I like many Ghost pokemons and the concept of it).

13. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Gengar,
    Marowak,
    Politoed,
    Totodile,
    Rhydon/Rhyperior

Skullferno likes this.
  14. Skullferno

I've come to love my new team of 3.

Tyranitar
    Salamence
    Lucario

and when I want cute pokemon I just turn them all back into their stage 1's :p cause Rilou, Luptiar, and Bagon are cute <3

15. PurpleTop

Bumping this thread with a question to Pokemon Game enthusiasts....... I have an arcanine with extremespeed. Everyone says that this move is good on him because of the increased priority and having 80 base power. I just don't get the appeal.... you don't get STAB, he can learn take down that does more damage and extremespeed has only 5 PP.... Quick attack does the same thing for half the damage, but has 20 PP... I honestly find that better if priority is so important. Is having a priority move really that important? Can someone please explain to me the strategy behind using this move to its full potential? Thanks!

Also dream team:

Espeon
    Typhosion
    Pidgeott
    Tyranitar
    Kingdra
    Celebi

I'm pretty OG
    Of course, Nidoking, Kabutops and Victreebel are pokemon who i like more than the above in terms of their cosmetics/idea, but I don't find them as strong in the games.

16. CravenLestat

CravenLestat Active Member

I remember my greatest pokemon moment ever..I have been a ghost pokemon fan since the start and I was playing the one where ghastly appears in sprout tower after dark.First attempt spent 4 hours straight with no luck..then on my second night after about 3 to 3 and a half hours BAMMM!!! This

[​IMG]

Not gonna lie I think a tiny tear formed or maybe I was cutting onions.I love shiny ghastly but shiny Gengar is kinda lame.My first shiny ever was a friggin shiny spearow.IKR how sad.Spent every generation though trying for a shiny Ditto but did not accomplish that feat until pokemon Black Version and was without trying.as soon as I stepped into the grass the very first square threw me into battle and was a baby blue ditto.Forget the zone though but was stoked it was something I tried for since years of Pokemon gens

17. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Charmander line is my favorite, but favorite lineup?
    Probably twitch plays pokemon red line up. I played more pokemon over those two weeks than I think I ever have. The false prophet evee, the zapdos massacre. AND THAT ****** LEDGE.

God that sucked.

With all the pokemon available my lineup would probably be something like:
    Charmander (maybe charizard)
    Salamence
    Mewtwo
    Kabutops
    Zapdos

The last one is pretty tough, but I'd have to go with Arceus, simply because Pokemon made a god pokemon, and that is pretty funny to me.

PurpleTop likes this.
  18. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

ExtremeSpeed is THE priority move. I know, priority moves have priority over normal moves, but what happens when both players use a priority move? There are priority moves that have priority (this word is repeating too much) over other priority moves. If both trainers use a priority move that is equal in priority, speed solves the equation as usual, the fastest pokemon attacks first.
    That's why ExtremeSpeed is so important, because it has the highest priority, even against other priority moves(Quick attack, etc) . Moving first is extremely important at competitive level, that's why this move is usually listed on standard movesets of Arcanine.
    For example, your wounded arcanine is against another wounded pokemon who is faster than yours. The one that strikes first for sure will kill the other. Your enemy chooses Quick Attack to finish you (thinking you'll use Flamethrower or another not priority move), and you destroy him with your ExtremeSpeed.
    Another use is to damage Revenge-killers that switch in to finish your wounded pokemon (as revenge killers tend to be fast).

PurpleTop likes this.
  19. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I'm so not competitive in the gameboy game.

Once upon a time though, that pokemon TCG . . . oh the tourneys and pursuit of badges. Soooooo many badges.