DISCUSSION: Pox Nora Status Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Some people like some people, some people don't like some people, some people don't like other people.
    inb4 ban cause off topic

2. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

That's SoE. DesertOwl actually know what they are doing.

Celestus likes this.
  3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

One of the owls is DOG, the other is SOE. Guess which is which.

DarkJello likes this.
  4. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I knew SoE would have one last chance to mess us about :p

Keep up the good work greens, we were all expecting SoE to take over 24 hour to even deliver the database. At least it is finally in Geddens grasp and now we can look forward to a launch later tonight

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Wow, the 80's called and want their lingo back, Bro! lol

Anyways, good to see things Poxin' along!

6. pkillo

pkillo New Member

I know the problem... i'm a Oracle db admin and a qlikview data/nora miner :eek:
    It's bettere if we wait 10 minut's more without bug than 10 minut's lesser with a lot of bug o_O

Isendel likes this.
  7. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Clearly, we need some incentives.

[​IMG]

Have some of these while you're drunk ;P

xRugolth likes this.
  8. Can we at least download the Launcher or we will use the old one ?

9. Jaraxxus

Jaraxxus The King of Potatoes

as a programmer, I totally understand the efforts that DoG put to do the job, to be honest, I was surprised when they said that the downtime is gonna be 24 hours, moving database from one sever to another can be so hard and time consuming, even with all the testing, there will be some problems, and I think they should take all the time they need so we get a stable service rather than having another maintenance a couple of hours after the launch.

10. Jaraxxus

Jaraxxus The King of Potatoes

we will have to download a new one.

11. Authyrtyr

True. As much as I eagerly await being able to Pox again I would much rather that DOG takes their time to make sure that everything is working correctly. As opposed to them rushing it out and then getting hit a million reports of connection problems and DB sync errors. Even if they take their time though I sincerely suspect that the Bug Reporting and Tech Support boards are going to explode within an hour of Pox going live.

12. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Try the old launcher...it already has the redirect link up. So it will be a new one.

13. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Hm. I expect no less than 10 hours for this to finish. Transferring the data base, even when sent, there'll be a ton of obstacles. I don't really want to get into the whole technical hingery-dingery since not everyone'll get the point. Also, once PoxNora is back up, I'm sure there'll be a few bugs that'll need to be fixed. Every change to a game comes at a price, it's never free.

14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Exactly, and like I have said forum points have no intrinsic value.
    The network Gnomes can only carry so much so fast through the tubes.

Onifrk likes this.
  15. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That photo actual made its rounds internally at Desert Owl Game. 20 points to you.
    20 points for a Star Wars reference.

Onifrk likes this.
  16. Authyrtyr

Out of curiosity, does DOG work out of a particular office or do you guys do video conferencing/remote collaboration?

17. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

ah bummer
    I was so looking forward to today because I knew I would be gone all day and when I would return I could download pox 3.0.
    Oh well. Saturday then (probably).

*throws 100 forum points in to speed up the process*

18. Isendel

Isendel The King of Potatoes

Hile Senshu....
    I'd go sleep or better wait?
    Any idea of how much time you still need?

19. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

oh if it were just one ...

20. FenrisVan

FenrisVan New Member

lol, happy you guys enjoyed the owl pic. Best of luck with getting the game working. Never tried it a friend told me about it 2 days before you tranfered it so no clue.