Somewhat Encouraging, 700 Forum Members

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exit, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Exit

Exit The King of Potatoes

It goes without saying that this game is in it's own micro-microcosm. But it is nice to see that there are around 700 players out there who are aware of the changeover and signed up on the forums.

Surely there are more, like myself, that quit playing, but will come back at some point. Hopefully, SOE will leave the convert account option open for months so they don't lose their accounts.

As much as I've been unhappy with the obscurity of this game, it is great that there are still players out there and a company ready to take this game on (again in part).

Personally, I would love to see the Pox lore continue at some point and generate other games. With this still alive, that is a possibility.

2. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there. We are very encouraged by the forum response.

> Hopefully, SOE will leave the convert account option open for months so they don't lose their accounts.

It should stay up for at least a year

> Personally, I would love to see the Pox lore continue at some point and generate other games. With this still alive, that is a possibility.
    That would be super fun

xRugolth, IceNorth and Exit like this.
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think that soe forums had about 100k members, it's just matter of time.

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Pox 2.0!? :eek:

5. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Speaking of Pox Lore, any plans on expanding that? I think we stopped getting actual concrete lore a few years ago. Might make it a community project thing :p

6. killabud69

killabud69 The King of Potatoes

I've always kind of considered the current iteration of Pox as Pox 2.0 and 1.0 was before the change over to the set ability upgrades. I sure do miss my 100+ nora Ice Golem

Exit likes this.
  7. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Yes! We have a full story written for the next expansion, and we plan on completing that story arc that in the expansion following it.

8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

We are off to a good start with Owl´s as the new bosses :)

xRugolth likes this.
  9. Emries

Excellent!

xRugolth likes this.
  10. Exit

Exit The King of Potatoes

I miss the real Puppet Master, who I had loaded up with the nutty abilities like 'swap DEF and ATK', 'swap ATK and SPD', etc.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There has been fairly solid lore direction since the Maljaran days. Without it, expansions would largely be a mishmash of random stuff. I do wish we could have gotten an actual story or two written though. Oh, but I will say players did a great job with their story submissions! Those were pretty awesome.

This story arc was supposed to end with Zeven discovering a dangerous secret on the lost continent, but I'm interested in to see the potentially alternate history :D

12. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I'd play a Dungeon Keeper-esque game where you're managing the Shattered Peaks. The only resource would be moga. You spend moga to feed your troops and build structures and purchase furnishings for your keep and research new tech, etc.

13. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

I would rather see this game expand in features, without limit. Pox Nora is a game filling a unique niche, but there are countless people waiting for it to be properly filled.

How far would LoL have gone if it hadn't constantly focused on refining & adding features? What if, at their peak, they had just taken a couple of characters and slammed out a few spinoff games based on them?

Poxnora is a canvas right now. There's something drawn on it, sure; but it's a stick figure to a Rembrandt.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    Alakhami likes this.
  14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, Pox lore, with so many expansions, is fairly well developed. It's a literal encyclopedia of events.

Does anyone have that lore map I did for the events since Endless Wonder? I was planning on doing that for ALL of Pox history, but I was like, whoa, that'd be a mess of stuff :D

15. Emries

CivilizaMoga V: Brave New Moga plsu :p

16. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hope not too many accounts here are alts. Anyway if there is such interest in the game I'm really happy and look forward with a smile to Pox's future.

17. killabud69

killabud69 The King of Potatoes

Only 690 of them are HawkFain's alts ;)

18. KTCAOP

Hashinshin?

19. Trill

Trill Member

Wouldn't this be 3.0? ;)

20. KTCAOP

I always considered SOE PoxNora (sorry, Pox Nora) to be Pox 1.5