DISCUSSION: A Thank You for Being Patient

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Spiderchap and Onifrk like this.
  2. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

I think I've spent too much time on Reddit. This has caused me no small amount of mental anguish. :oops:

3. Aleswick

Aleswick Member

My toast, "Just want to say thanks, DOG... for everything."

Onifrk likes this.
  4. Mdude186

Mdude186 Member

I just wanted to stop by to say thank you for the gifts! The campaigns and the owl! There was no need to do either of these, which clearly shows you genuinely care. Thank you.

Onifrk likes this.
  5. Senshu

Your welcome, we are working as fast as possible to get things up:)
    50 points!

Onifrk likes this.
  6. BadSteve

BadSteve The King of Potatoes

7. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

As someone who actively pushes for single player content in online TCG/CCG's, this is excellent news!

I shall enjoy employing the derpiest of strategies in my quest to crush the heathen AI!

-----

Ignorant comments like this are the reason the majority of this community has and will continue to dislike and ignore your comments.

Being drunk inhibits your ability to process ALL information without discrimination. Dyslexia inhibits your ability to quickly and efficiently differentiate between similar instances of "something" given that it's not limited to just words/text. It would be more accurate to compare it to color blindness.

It's like someone actively rearranging the books in your library while you are attempting to locate one in particular. Sometimes you find the book before it's moved, other times it's on the wrong shelf or maybe they're still holding it forcing you to wait for them to place it on a shelf.

The idea that you can just "focus" it away is a common misconception as what really happens is the individual learns to take shortcuts much like those with poor vision (need glasses but haven't obtained a prescription) learn to identify words by their shape rather than the actual letters (barring less common or artistic fonts). Even without poor vision, our brains already learn to do this:

http://www.positscience.com/brain-resources/brain-teasers/scrambled-text

The example of "Aricdocng" vs "Aoccdrnig" being harder to recognize as "According" is perhaps the best example of what Dyslexia does for those who have trouble reading. Dyslexia disrupts word patterns so that the individual has a harder time associating words with a shape or letter clumping because they don't always see the word the same way each time they read it. It takes longer for them to create patterns and they have to establish more of them resulting in the slower identification and processing of information.

One doesn't "focus" the problem away, they simply build their word/pattern database at a slower rate given the variability of words and larger requisite pattern database to form. Being focused simply enables them to peruse said database with greater accuracy as it would anyone else.

Further information on just how much we rely on specific queues when processing information can be found in the following book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink_(book)

Prami, Nite2kill and Xirone like this.
  8. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Very nice!

9. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Wow, nice!
    But i don't think that u should give us all this gift only for this small delay, indeed u'r working for us just take all the time you need, but maybe i'm too happy to see this change of company in the gestition of pox nora. I realy love this game, and love all the guys whose work to improve it <3

Onifrk likes this.
  10. BadSteve

BadSteve The King of Potatoes

well
    well jace, a man gotta do what a man gotta do, im sure they know where they at right now and dont wanna piss everyone off...i like what they do and have done so far

11. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Death to the poorly coordinated infidels!

12. Muscaria

Muscaria New Member

Updates?

13. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Patience

14. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

This community is like the wise old owl of gaming communities. Thank you devs and everyone for showing how cool this game and the people who play it are.

15. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

A class move.

Does make me wish I hadn't blown money on a bunch of campaigns a couple weeks ago. Man I hate being the chump.

16. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I think Senshu secretly wanted to be a Hogwarts professor.

17. Senshu

Nah, I would be a horrible professor. Would prefer a more nomadic life, someone like Gandalf.

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, that´s kind of redundant, since everyone would like to be Gandalf.
    I´d be ok with being Legolas as well, though.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. MrDragco

MrDragco Member

uff .. 6 am i can't wait any longer off to bed :p see ye tommorow

20. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Legolas is cursed with beauty . Constantly being annoyed by gorgeous, young, and lonely women is no laughing matter!

Pedeguerra likes this.