First Impressions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andralexis, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

As far as I can see most 75+ (cost) units got the short end of the revamp.

Still too early to tell, but apparently themes/BG's with access to cheap units will do better than those that simply went with mid-range and late-range deploys (as those units were not as heavily impacted as others).

Opinions?

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Errthing got nerfed in some way or the other.

Strickly speaking for SL (because who had time to check ALL the champs), cheap efficient seems the way to go. Varu Howler for example is back to Trinity power level of efficiency, can't say the same for Senso and Exec (Mark? Really?)

3. Andralexis

Treefolks, Spirits and Skeletons are all the same: their heavy units lost 2-3 abilities that defined their roles, and the sub 80 units lost maybe one or two, but not as impactful as with the heavy ones.

Still reading and comparing tho, but if the cheaper units got a slap on the wrist compared to the more severe nerfs to heavy champs, what's the point on going mid-range or late-range? Cheap, efficient champs, as with SL, seem the way to go.

4. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Moga got access to battle hymn, designate target, swallow whole and mark. Voil and hyaenid got butchered. Revamp went exactly as expected.

5. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I want to believe that's a mistake. Probably they were thinking on that other ability that refunded AP on the first attack.

I just want to say, I found very lovely flavour wise what they did with the DE Masochist.

Attack: whip
    Masochism
    Tough 2

All at base.

Calcify seems a no brainer, but I freaking hate to see reflection up there. Seriously, at least change one rank for drive or something else. ANYTHING else.

EDIT: Just noticed, if we downgrade reflection to the minimal rank, her cost is 69n. Have to love those coincidences.

6. Andralexis

And the cheapest of them all, emerging as the big winner so far...

7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

wts all my runes, pm.

8. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

So far i've liked alot of what i've seen. I havent even scratched the surface of this revamp but i have looked through about the M's of Underdepths.
    I can understand your post because alot of my cheaper units im really excited by. Some of my more expensive ones i am aswell but not as many and alot of the mid cost units im apathetic about or they seem like they wont get played is my gut feeling. Some people were neutered, some people were brought to thrones. I really like the "CHOICE" aspect of the revamp. Its like, you get REND, select your desired rank. Now choose your UTILITY/DEFINING ability. Its made alot of runes hard to build. Otherwise its made some alot easier. Especially with them giving on base some abilities that were previously upgrades. For instance Hekatin Arbiter. She now has Bleed base. I dont have to rely on Impaling Strike so i can choose between that and axe. Bloodlust is more available to me now. Although some peoples designs seem very restricting and a little hard to follow. The Heroes i've seen so far are a great example of that notion. Theres alot that concern me, but overall im enjoying it and am optimistic.

Some things that stick out are:

Korona has Seeker and Drinker on same up. So i have to choose between mobility and sustainability. Thats fine, however i use to run thirst on Korona till i realized that it didnt really make sense. She isn't super defensive although she had O Shield before. It was better to 1v1 with her if u want ur thirst stacks. But then someone will just one round her with a spell most likely so it was wasteful. Her true call was to do the one rounding herself which made thirst pretty dumb on her for me. For it to be moved to base is disconcerting for me. Battle leader being gone also is depressing. I would of done BL base and made Thirst in the Seeker, Drinker, Rend chain and moved Rend to the Pummel or just removed. The Pummel ups could of just been 1 rank of pummel, O- Sheild, BL and Rend Base... Something like that. Thirst, again, just seems wasteful and BL will be dearly missed.

Flame Crusher has Heavy Charger, but i cant find a Charge ability on him. Maybe im overlooking something.

Sarinda has no Reconstruct abilities on her base and the ones she have in ups are tied to eradicate. So its like you have to choose, Use sarinda as just another stitched with this unique charge mechanic. Or use sarinda as just another stitch with decontruct/reconstruct abilities. The latter adds her as another stitch to push the effort but doesnt make her very unique or tie them together in anyway, although i suppose harvest is enough to make her Hero-esque. Building her for an eradication build to me seems silly because she has no charge mechanics on her own beyond Supercharged which will barely give you the damage you need when u need it. Bracelet was untouched and eradicate wasn't buffed in anyway. Death Toll being removed takes away that niche late pseudo double deploy. She seems pretty underwhelming and im not too fond of her design.

Those said, im about to continue on from M and see what else is instore. Beyond the reservations above, im enjoying this experience of discovery and am looking forward to trying some things out.

Also, are we getting that mass delete for the Rune Manager ???

Joker likes this.
  9. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

All they did was increase the nora cost on all leg, lim and exo runes it seems. Doomies and harbies are shoebox. Im betting theyre trying to make the game more accessible to new players which is nice. However, they did it at 100% our expense (the old players). Unfortunately the new players are not garunteed as we (the old players) were before the revamp. And now, neither of us are gaurunteed. Ouch!

10. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

oh man, a lot of Draksar whitout Violent... :(

Razzoriel, Joker and Faust like this.
  11. Andralexis

Compare Korona and Deep Elf Priestess (both UD) to Vashal Cavalier and Elven Strategist (both KF).

[​IMG]

Joker likes this.
  12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

First impression after looking at Spirits, Withces and Serkan:
    Gutted to hell and utter garbage. Fare well.
    Ill look more closely sunday when I am back from my vacation but I am very pessimistic from my short initial look :(

XFurionsX, Joker and Alfodur like this.
  13. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

OH BOY ETHEREAL SOLDIER WHITOUT VOID SHIELD... OH Wtf....

14. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Just realized only champs got nerfed, hey everyone!!!! Spell spam like its 2008!!!!

newsbuff and Joker like this.
  15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Speaking for FS, Cheap >>>>>> Expensive now.

Joker likes this.
  16. Alfodur

Alfodur The King of Potatoes

Just looking at Bonewing... I have awesome variants for building between Rebuke 1,2,3 and Boost Skeleton 1,2,3... Just awesome! Lots of thinking here... and that is a only example.

newsbuff likes this.
  17. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

My initial same impression, but I also noticed some champions gained the witch class, like the elder bloodbinder. Wut?

18. Alfodur

The same feelings, Banshee.

19. Alfodur

Its not about the crying for legs or something... So far i just saw that i dont have options for building champs. I only have option to choose to put them or not in my bg. Most of the champs have 2 upgrades and you have to pick between level 1,2,3 ... just silly... I dont have nothing against lowering the number of abb in champs, but didnt expect this. Its a hurry work for me... just rushing...

20. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Myx theme dead.

118 nora broodlords and melee range sandsnipers

Kampel likes this.