First Impressions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andralexis, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

im sad.... :(

2. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Some decisions seem just... way off... worse than random: bad.

Korona is just stupid now. You're really going to make her token ability -- the ability she originated -- an upgrade choice? Wow. Just... wow.

Alfodur likes this.
  3. Alfodur

Alfodur The King of Potatoes

Pre-setuped champs! GG no RE!

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, the rank thing really pisses me off, too. Useless dive rank 1, 2 and 3. Thanks, unrunnable.

5. Alfodur

When DoW started with all those revamp talks i wasnt skeptical. I was agreed that power creep was going too far, but seriously i didnt expect this. Almost half, maybe more of the champs are just pre setuped with option to give them rank ... this is just lol. I was love POx just because the option to build the champ on the way i want it. Korona is a crap now - its alright ... there must be casualties, but wtf they killed all idea of POX?

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

THey'll probably fix those issues, but daaaaamn, some things are just too ridiculous now

7. Tal3234

Korona is Bane Shift..
    Bloodseeker OR lifedrinker OR rend 2 ??? LOL

the other upgrade... Pummel 1,2,3 ??? WTF *"·$P"·!

Mates.. Korona is dead.

allyorbase likes this.
  8. Spiderchap

Spiderchap Well-Known Member

So out of all the barbarians I own, one has warchief. And the only other three warchiefs are an exo and two legendaries.

Awesome. Real accessible.

newsbuff, Thbigchief and Boozha like this.
  9. Tal3234

I am totally disappointed ... :(

Alfodur likes this.
  10. allyorbase

Yep. But have you seen Shallaxy? Spoiler alert: She is so stupidly boring that she may actually be trolling. I dare anyone to refute that Shallaxy is a rubbish paper weight now.

EDIT: Do note that Shallaxy's range was nerfed to 1, down from 1-3, on TOP of losing literally all of her "cool" abilities.

I mean, it's safe to say, at this point, that my skepticism was WAY more well-founded than my faith.

RedScarlet likes this.
  11. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Fist of bastion got a nora decrease were officially screwed

12. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Keep in mind pretty much everything and everyone got ***** equally.

If you're going to compare current rune status, do so comparing to other similar runes from across factions/themes after revamp. Do not use pre-revamp status to do comparisons or all of you are going to be sad pandas.

13. Tal3234

OH...Shallaxy.. but... i.. dont trust....
    I can not believe it ...

14. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Err... unless I'm mistaken, rune checklist doesn't show the possible upgrades, so we can't check out the upgrades of any rune we don't own... Is that so?

Oh, and when I change upgrades on the rune manager, I have to refresh the page to see the new updated nora costs. It's a bit annoying, methinks :S

15. Alfodur

Mate i keep this in mind! The problem is not that. The problems is not that after every rewamp of any game have something which become crap and other goes OP. For me everything is about limiting options for building champs. Most of the champs dont have diferent options except rank 1,2,3 of something. This is ridiculous.

16. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

I don't even need to update the client to know that the "revamp" wasn't taken in the direction i had hoped for. I may check it out later, but idk...

I mean, it took them like 6 months to put out, what is by all reports, a ham-fisted set of broad changes. No, QoL changes, no new maps, no new modes of play, nothing. Just a purely stats driven set of changes that was probably done almost entirely in excel, nothing of substance. And did i hear that they skipped spells entirely? WTF?

To Desert Owl Games.
    People want a TBS MMO, to pretty much the same degree that they want a Pokemon MMO. You have/had an opportunity to fill an incredible niche and you haven't. What we want is very simple. FFT/Tactics Ogre with collectable elements, tons of map variety, maybe some dungeon-crawling or Risk-like elements, LoL like ranked play, and co-op "missions". You have a what, 10 year running game & there seem to have been no substantial changes since it was first brought online? You have a problem. You've left your player base feeling unfulfilled.​

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    Alfodur likes this.
  17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

So to steer the conversation away from the QQ my Korona got nerfed, what is considered the best ranged champ in the game and why is it named Skeezick Cannoneer?

18. allyorbase

I'm afraid I can't do that. So many "fun" runes are now boring. Let me elaborate: Owl has made most runes a one-trick pony. The upgrades are no longer dynamic choices, as they were before. Now, they are false opportunities for customization. Runes have never been more cookie-cutter and static as they are now.

Furthermore, in addition to a complete dive in runes being dynamic or multifaceted, they are also more expensive (nora-wise). Now, not only are runes more narrow and one-dimensional (see: boring), but games will be longer, to boot. That's an awful combination.

Finally, Owl clearly punished certain runes far more than others.

Overall, I am almost entirely disappointed, and only marginally pleased. Kudos, Owl. The game is now Yu-Gi-Oh Tactics.

Nybrus and Alfodur like this.
  19. Nybrus

Nybrus Well-Known Member

20. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Good lord.

A ton of champs were upped to 85+ Nora and look to be shoeboxed now. Prince Malandur is 96, for example... insanity. Harbs are 100. Vothsair Ireguard (!) is 100. He was completely shoebox at 84, and he just got a 16 Nora price increase.

I'm going to have to play a few dozen games to see how the game as a whole feels right now, because maybe I'm way off and these champs work out fine holistically... but it seems like you'd get trampled by cheap cost champions. Not too happy at the moment, but obviously we'll see how things play...