First Impressions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andralexis, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Cyclops are dead.. :(

2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Someone call Hashinshin.

Oldmaster likes this.
  3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Not gonna give him the satisfaction. :p

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I disagree. Most games don't launch with full single player, head-to-head, as well as team play, in addition to multiple tournament types from day one. Not only is there typically not enough development resources, it's also bad from a business and design perspective. You are designing and programming all these features that split the playerbase as well as having no idea how the game will be received. Notice how League had ONE map, and ONE game mode at launch (two if you count their god awful tutorial bots)? And didn't even do that real ranking system until later? Dominion, ARAM, all came well after it had exploded. Note that I love League, it's a design triumph for taking a messy mod and making clear design decisions that improved the game and made it more accessible, but I am not going to pretend they did more than they actually did.

Meanwhile, multi-million dollar Titanfall with years of development cuts PvP and launches only with PvE, and other big budget games like Civ V have their multiplayer tacked on and barely working.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  5. b33rdragon

b33rdragon The King of Potatoes

see signature abilies removed or now a choice on some champs kills flavor. I do like some of the changes, but many feel flrced, bored, or harsh.
    If you are going to try and even out exo-lmt-leg runes that is fine. Do it with the flavor in tact though. I bet many FW people Zombie players would much rather have a 115 nora Coragh then a lame one without Braineater. The upgrades of rank 1 2 3 (of saw rabid) are weak when the champ lacks something that was cool.

We don't need 6 ability champs, but don't make the favorite runes boring. Never mind the new cost scale.... zomg.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Is sok addressing someone in particular? Because I feel like I'm missing party of the convo.

Maybe I have someone on ignore?

dsjtheman and SPiEkY like this.
  7. Sokolov

I do agree some champs feel more generic than they need to be, but at the same time, it'll be fairly easy to buff them now that the heavy lifting has been done.

8. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Prami.

I'm baffled Sokolov still read his posts.

9. Tal3234

in the forge, i cant see the upgrades of my unit up to forge... :(

10. Sokolov

Yea, you should be able to see upgrades anywhere you can see the champ details. I assume there's a technical challenge there.

11. Tal3234

....and my Forsaken Follower has lost mass heall ability...i crying.. :(

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Let me be a bit out of character from my normal self:

STRONGHOLD IS TRASH NOW THAT DEMOLITION TEAM IS 113 NORA.

Oh, wait, I didn't use him at 80whatever he was before, nm we're good.

I don't get this at all. I'm not complaining about stuff being nerfed, but some stuff was completely passed over.

From me, you'll be fighting 83 nora def2, t3 resil Fist of Bastions with vial and ToV, backed up by Medic and Silv Tink. Good luck killing that.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Also, DOG is basically saying: I have no clue about how Moga work.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm on board with the revamp apart from how moga got handled, which seems odd, since they designed the theme to begin with, but what are you gonna do, I guess.

15. Tal3234

ok...mutations BG are broken.. great.. :(

and Skeezicks are crap...

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'm also a little annoyed with how they've handled skeez.

Having skeez alliance on an upgrade path for a lot of champs makes it do you want this champ top be somewhere between decent and good or do you want to play it in a theme.

Also skeez alliance costing 4 nora is very stupid. 4 nora for what will amount to +2 dmg hardly ever, especially after the revamp changes, seems poorly thought out.

17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I just beat moga. Thanks be to bugged PHS :p

18. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

First impressions for a single Battle Group; used first in a daily, then updated in the Run Manager.
    • Lack of QoL for login. I mistyped my password and couldn't fully delete it from the field. Restart of client necessary.
    • Started up the first daily mission with a BG from before the revamp, was pleasantly surprised to see new flavor-text/lore while loading (something about the cyclops), though it went by too quickly to read.
    • Field is still divided by obnoxious lines.
    • I've taken a new liking to the stats UI changes (pre-revamp)
    • K'thun with Evasive = ROFL why?
    • What seems like a new Nora Shield icon looks sexy.
    • Can't see champion upgrades in rune dock (should be a priority change).
    • Blockade icon feels inappropriate.
    • Gnarlwood Launcher now has a thematic basic attack, instead of one for clarity (Attack: Boulder instead of Attack: Physical).
    • Uproot mechanic still not alluded to in the Take Root description.
    • Gnarlwood Willowind now has Nature's Blessing :).
    • Equip: Seed of Potential icon seems too specific (should be a general icon for all future Equip abilities).
    • Elite Blade ability icon is sexy but ambiguous (the attack shares the same name as the equip).
    • Nothing done about the Flurry ability (still on the Tanglefoot).
    • Love how abilities defined in other abilities get a separate sub-box defining them.
    • Plant Seed ability should be harmonized as Drop Relic, and the icon replaced with something more appropriate than a blue sword.
    • Saplings have Defensive Strike = ROFL why?
    • Skyshear Pegasus has Running Start but it's animation starts as flying (ugly sprite anyways).
    • Gnarlwood Tanglefoot lost pariah & skirmisher, but retained flurry = gg
    • The single loading screen i've gotten like 3 times in a row is ugly, and now boring.
    ----------------------------------------
    • First time trying the in-game rune manage, and it's pretty smooth.
    • Sprite animation plays once, instantly on bringing the card description up, but the loop feels too slow.
    • Live cost adjustment (in the blue bubble) is a nice & unexpected feature (low standards for DOG).
    • Wait, what? Why is Forest Walker Cheaper than Trail: Vegetation?
    • The 1-2 nora difference between many abilities feels negligible (un-fullfilling).
    • The upgrade choice system is smooth.
    • The red boarder around activated abilities is ugly (too sharp).
    Tell me what you think, since i took the time to make a list of thoughts for you. And can you do something about the lines issue? It's really annoying

19. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Maybe it only feels this bad because all my runes got nerfed but honestly a couple of themes are just GONE now.. My FS angel is just terrible after all the trouble I went through just trying to get it and the ONLY thing I wanted to see looking good was Hydraxor and he basically got a nora increase for less abilities..

Osidan and Boozha like this.
  20. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Even more so considering it is no longer part of his job...

- - - - -

SP is bonkers right now. And I can't deploy Light of the Cirle (the version of the rune with my art) without CTD'ing.