First Impressions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andralexis, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I'm having fun.

Just want some of the odd runes to get a look at.

i.e. Moga Recruiter with Surge 2 (because a 7 speed recruiter with 19 damage on turn 5 for ~55 nora is not fun)

And the Undead Magister, who costs 85 nora for Spell Blockade but now has no way to heal himself and both upgrades suggest he should have health and last for a long period of time.

2. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

So 1 more speed 1 more def and 6 more health is 18 nora !?! Seems kinda hefty... if anything Bloodhowler alpha should have 4 more damages added.

On the plus side all the cheap units got better so i just got rid of all the expensive Kanen, except Kiergana who is a boss, and am now going to wreck people with very cheap Kanen.

3. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

not liking grimlics nerf, he already never saw gameplay and now hes going to be a fading memory...same as serkan and menalaus

4. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Shouldn't you guys have a better idea of what your own game should be like?

Did you guys actually go over each champion? Or did you set parameters and have a script run through the whole list? It kind of feels like the latter.

EDIT: Yeah, i know i said i left, but this is still interesting, so bear with me.

5. Modoch

Modoch The King of Potatoes

Once again, you do know that Sok is no longer a dev right? He has no idea how they went through stuff.

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Gnarlwood grappler costs 65 nora and has 65 hp.

Good thing there is no champ that can summon those guys.

RedScarlet likes this.
  7. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Just got back from work and im about to dive back into some rune discovery. After reading this thread id like to point out that the tone is somewhat out of hand. True that this was hyped up and we were all looking forward to it with high hopes. True that alot of our expectations werent met, some upgrade and nerf choices are confusing and we have the shoebox prepared to start pouring stuff into. However id like to say THANK YOU.

Yes, alot of runes seem vanilla. Yes some old loves are now broken shells. Yes, some older runes have gotten new life and jumped out the shoe box to be low cost threats. There is alot to be skeptical and wary of. Reservations are well founded moving forward, but lest not forget!

We complained. Hell, this community is good for complaining. Thats a good quality as much as it is bad. It shows our love and passion for the game. If we didnt care and didnt get upset there would be more to worry about. However, put things into perspective.

We have a great dev team and they are excited to work with us and make themselves accessible and want to see the community SATISFIED, not PLACATED. This is the first run! It has been stated that over the course of the next few weeks they will be looking at things and taking our input to make changes periodically till they get it where the majority of us are content and happy with the state of the game. We complained about powercreep and alot of that was attached to the numerous abilities and low cost per utility/power ratio. They listened and took steps to improve on that. They've spent months working on this! Don't be ungrateful and unappreciative of what they tried to do. Sure our vision wasnt the same and we feel like our parents gave us a xbone for christmas when we wanted a PS4. But they can still take it back and get a refund and get us our PS4!! Or we might find some games we like on Xbone! There are alot of things/runes that could of been handled differently and are deflating a bit when we look at them. Each rune i click on i am excited and anxious to see how its changed. Some havent changed much at all, some are drastically better, some are horribly lackluster or conflicting. I open that christmas gift with high hopes and sometimes i get that toy i've wanted all year or some money. Other times...alot of times...i get socks! But it doesnt slow me down or make me feel jilted. It makes me thankful and makes me anxious to try on these socks and see how comfortable they are while im playing with the new toys i love and deciding what to spend my money on!

This isn't the end, this isn't finalized. This was a HUGE undertaking and im very appreciative that they did it! As a community we should show our appreciation and take our disappointments and convey them humbly and with tact. Im sure they want to hear what we think and are more than willing to make some changes. The bratty tone, shaming, ungratefulness, and threats are sad to witness however. We can handle this better! Don't harp so much on the negative and focus on the positive and make constructive criticisms with some respect and hope the game continues to grow and push in the direction we hope for.

This is years of changes they tried to undo and repolish/reimagine. Its not gonna happen overnight.
    I for one am glad they are trying, glad they are willing, and am thankful they are working to make us satisfied and give us the game we love back.

DoG! We have alot of work to do, but this is a great start and im eager to work with you and push forward the vision! Thanks for all the time and effort!

8. Prami

Nope, didn't know that.

You sure DOG didn't pull him in as a consultant or something?

9. DissolvingBonds

DissolvingBonds The King of Potatoes

No more Ferren focus :(
    I'm really not liking what i'm seeing so far

10. Prami

But but... My ideas were better...

11. Xerxes96

Xerxes96 New Member

I'm a fairly new player to Poxnora but i'd have to say that I am disappointed with this revamp. I went ahead and purchased the Barbarian Savagery Pre-Leveled Deck when I first started and had tweaked it over time but now my BG is just unplayable.
    I don't see this themed deck seeing much play anymore and of no significance as a purchaseable Pre Leveled Deck. Definitely would make sense to offer new players and different BG to choose since the revamp killed how the deck played.
    All my champs were barbs with the exception of x2 vengeant knight and x1 crusader, but the vengeant knights worked well because violent could still be triggered with most barbs since they also had race human and crusader was just a good rune.
    Now neither of these fit my BG llike before, barbarian guardians lost their place in my BG because they lost camadarie which before had lowered the cost of every single rune in my BG. Now barbs aren't human and they no longer have that ability.
    My best known option is to convert to a construct theme deck, but being as i'm a new player I don't many runes of value to trade over to get the best runes available to the construct BG.
    The playability of this game for someone such as myself who doesn't have hundreds of dollars to spend getting the best runes has dropped drastically.
    I thank you for your efforts DOG but I won't be able to enjoy Poxnora as much as I did before :(

StupidJerk likes this.
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's not my game...

And do you want to be listened to or not? I mean, on the one hand you claim they don't give you what players really want, and then you answer a "what would you like?" question with this stuff.

Mercer Skye and Tarathil like this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Sok has become instantly invested in defending this revamp. Him having been brought on in some capacity has fair probability. He's also been in their shoes and knows how much they've put into what they just went live with and so that connection might be the drive for his fervor. Regardless, he's just a guy stating his opinion. He's also a guy who apparently hasn't figured out that arguing with Prami is nearly the most useless internet activity known to man and alien.

Etherielin and Tarathil like this.
  14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I have helped in a similar capacity to the Player Council, but nothing official (which is why I am not Green).

In any case, I don't think I am defending it so much as thinking people should be reasonable. I also think there are a lot of issues with it, but they've said this a first pass, so we'll see how it goes from here.

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

16. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

I just feel like all runes I know and love are now kinda just blea. I was all excited about the changes, but didn't realize that they would be so drastic. No reason to point to examples of particular runes, but the overall feeling is kinda exasperating. Some of the runes I've looked at for the last 4,5,7 years looked like they where thrown in to a wood chipper & they tried to reassemble the mush at the other end in to something that once reassemble the champs before they got chipped to death.

Disregarding the numerical & balancing sense that it made to do what you did I'm feeling, not happy.

It's like going to Burger King and expecting to get a Whopper with a Pepis and fries, but instead you get a crappy kids burger, 4 fries & a thimble of cola flavored soda....that cost more...

It's like being hyped by Coke about the amazing New Coke only to try it and immediately miss classic Coke.

I'm sure you have valid reason for making all of the changes that you did, but my perception of those changes now that they have been implemented have left me wondering. I'm still going to keep playing & I want it to grow on me, but honestly i'm skeptical.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

First impession why in the hell did my woodmarshal just turn into a flame skitter?

StupidJerk likes this.
  18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Damn, guys, no need to be total jerks.

19. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

They need feedback. If you own a sandwich shop and someone has a bad sub & they dont tell you about it 1. they arent going to come back and 2. you can fix the problem they had with there sandwich. I think they need to hear the good and the bad. I love the game & I'm optimistic about the changes. I'm saying that my initial reaction to seeing the unit's that I know eviscerated did not make me feel good.

Imagine having your very own aircraft carrier & it's amazing, it can do all this cool stuff, all different kinds of damage, Bane Shift ton of defense capabilities & offensive abilities then someone comes along and tells you this is for your own good...then hands you a cartoon version of Thomas the Tugboat...then charges you more for it than what your uber aircraft carrier cost.

It may make perfect numbers sense, but my perception that this was a good thing is still a little off.

20. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I just want to take the time to thank the Owls for all their hardwork. You've completely destroyed the meta, and it will have to be built from the ground up! That alone is interesting.

I think this is only the beginning , and I hope to see the continued effort and love poured into the game. We've a long way to go!

Tarathil and StupidJerk like this.