Revamped KF runes.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by kagebunshn, Jun 26, 2014.

1. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Mena seems ok still, but he lost 20% of his damage his range got a lot worse and he lost nova and regen and costs +13 nora.

The thirion nerf seems to have been softened slightly but i can't see his upgrades atm.

Im very disconcerted that we seem to no longer have a single sunder champ, or any champ with unstoppable.

Elven prodigy is still good. Surge basically replaces his +3 mod. And blindfolded/precision makes me laugh. Burning oak still works fine.

Im sad for bowmage, arrowsinger, elven taskmaster, fiorn, garu medium, dugon, garu kodiak, skirmisher, and especially elven mage and queen anaru. They all got r@ped hard.

Ancestral avenger, elven page, elven shade, elven bard, deadly tracker, ranger elite, elven taskmaster, and tanglefoot all seem good.

Did wizard of the ways have relocate foe before?

Overall our ranges got a lot worse, a lot of speed nerfs, a lot less defensive abilities like divert and deflect, overall damage went down, but we still have low hp champs.

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

He got that as a replacement when Portal Nexus was deleted from the game.

3. Muddled

Muddled Member

Tanglefoot is so over the top now its not even funny. Do we have to revisit why flurry units got pariah?

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

vashal Quillback enough said.

5. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Almost all meta ranged champs got ***** hard in every faction so id expect the same in kf...look at grimlic and dwarven mortar crew for example..theyre in the rune graveyard now. Worth no poxbox points and burried deep in your collections now

6. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm kind of sad about Garu Shaman here...

7. kagebunshn

Can anyone report how well elven page, thirion, or ancestral avenger, or elven illusionist are working out? I don't own those atm.

Elven shade hits hard, but does not have multi-attack any more, so you have to save more ap to actually end up ahead of the old version.

Enforcer is sadly quite bad now...much lower damage, no ranged attack, no alt damage, no regen.

Did the dailies and kinda cringed every time I considered casting mena. Looks like TC is gonna be auto 2x with all the cheap efficient champs we'll see.

Man it is like they ***** all the meta vashal...quillquip, cavalier, druid, vicar....then they smoked some crack and edited quillback and ermite.

8. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Elven Page is excellent. Very cheap healing/support rune. I had some guy play Avenger on me, he's good I guess but with KF having a lot of Magic Damage he was easy to take down. Shade is as you said, a powerful rune at the moment. To be honest I don't think the multi loss was all that bad. 2 hits for 6 AP would let her deal around 25 dmg on average. Now 1 hit for 3 AP lets her deal 20+ dmg. So far playing with her, she seems great. Combat Awareness lets her safely roam around to 20+ dmg hit champs here and there, of course unless your opponent deploys Detection.

It looks as though they heavily nerfed previous meta runes, well, most of them, and super buffed not-so-meta runes. It makes no sense. Elven Strategist with Battlemaster 3, Relocate Foe, Tele 2, Surge Enemy is only 58 nora. How is that even possible.

It seems like the way to go is Elfs at the moment. I ran an Elf BG after revamp to great success, all low-nora cost, efficient-powerful runes. It's crazy.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  9. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

The biggest issue so far is that many runes lost their core playstyle and functionality, i.e. the whole purpose of including them in a group, or abilities that made them interesting/fun to use (imo). To take one example, consider ghost stalker. Old ghost stalker was used to stall other champs with ghostly visage and, relying on soul collection and fading light, to use his stealth mechanic in combination with swap to reposition units that were otherwise engaged or immobilized. He doesn't do either of those anymore.

Other runes seems to have the same functionality as their old version, but their new upgrades/builds aren't really consistent with that purpose. Consider enforcer--resist magic instead of regen/aura? Resist magic synergized a lot more with his ranged attack, which has been removed, while regen/aura synergized a lot more with bold, allowing him to use his ap to move into a font (or to cross a font), keep himself alive with the higher defense, and rely on his passive abilities to create a positive change in his health compared to his opponent.

Compare these to skirmisher, for example, which will still have basically the same playstyle, albeit at a higher cost.

Overall, it's a little confusing to understand what the purposes of these changes it.

10. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Tireless Harvester abuse will come soon!

11. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

They took 2 steps forward and 3 steps back in this revamp . Any legendary / limited rune became purposely unplayable while a lot of uncommons / commons became purposely OP.

Was the point not to make all runes equally as viable ? Wasn't the idea to make all BG's playable ? Honestly they decreases the amount of playable BG's . For example KF doesn't have much past elves.

Also I'm not big into lore , but for the sake of lore shouldn't some runes still remain ... I'd say slightly above average , but we're past that point already ... So playable.

Also what brung a good amount of fun to the game was being able to collect a hard to get rune because he had some sort of a cool ability , not saying the harder to get the more OP it needs to be , but for gods sake don't make any decent rune 100-140 Nora . I mean angels and doomballs 100 Nora??????

But what saddens me the most is that the game has lost a lot
    of synergy , battle groups don't feel like the work together . Worst of all ,though , champs
    don't even have synergy with their own selves ... Their abilities and upgrades make no sense. They have no specific roll anymore .

Yeah this has nothing to do specifically with KF but I commented here because I've always loved KF. Now my
    Runes feel just boring , confusing , and dry.

12. Xirone

Beasts seem to be doing well. I was winning all over the place with my beast deck yesterday. I think it takes some time to learn what the new "good" runes are for KF.

13. Xirone

What do you all think of the Avatar losing Nature's Blessing and getting Skylancer 3 as a replacement?

14. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Huh... ah... I think I hit my head on the way to the office today.

I mean... I just looked at the elven sky marshal... 10 dmg, 7 spd, reinforcement 2 and charge 3 for 57n. Don't forget high ground and running start. Does the movement generated by charge 3 counts to proc running start? So... huh...

Is the elven sky marshal runnable?

15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I want to point out that Menalaus' Page, Apprentice Mage, Chained Fae, Lamenting Mage and Fairy Trickster seem to be all fine to me. Trickster lost Polymorph in favour of Hex and Pilfer so it more or less evens itself out. Page is extremely cost efficient with her stats as they are, same about both Mages. Chained Fae gained Preordained and Resurrection as choosable upgrades, meaning that you can always roll her out and she will be available to you all the time / can save that specific rune you need. Woodland Jester lost bastion of mobility but still has resonance and gained teleport 1 as an option. Still neat imo.

16. kagebunshn

wow they re-patched elven prodigy in less than a day to make it unequipable :( so much for it being a decent rune.

17. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I faced the Elven Sky Marshal today and he seemed quite good to me.

18. Xirone

I am not taking her out quite yet. She's got an incredible range and can really punish ranged champions. Almost any deck will do well with her, even if she can't be equipped anymore.

19. Xirone

I just realized that Envenom 2, on the Tree Spider now, is better than Stall.

20. kagebunshn

After the long wait for the revamp my nerves are frayed looking over the runes all day and trying to figure out what happened.

I'm not sure what their thought process was, but it seems like an abject failure sofar.

Its not that there arent strong runes. Its that it feels like they deliberately targeted 'good' runes with the intent of making them bad. There is a huge difference between toning something down and looking at it and saying 'how can i make this suck'.

Completely non-sensical abilities and upgrades, horrible nora price disparity, gutted themes synergies, factions completely losing access to multiple abilities. Entirely unplayable heroes which are supposed to be game/story defining.

I wish they had done a complete from scratch champ redesign at this point. I would rather have runes that are different than see the disfigured useless remains of the runes i have collected over years.

I can't tell which is worse. The idea that this was a plan to make people buy new runes, or the possibility that it ISN'T the plan. Because that would mean the next set will just be more of...whatever this is.

Overnight they have succeeded in making me desire not to open packs with exo/legs. That is horrible.