First Impressions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andralexis, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

If you don't understand what I am saying it's easier to ask for reference than assume QQ zealotry. Please check my profile, I play KF more than UD now, so complain all you want, that doesn't make my point less valid.

So screw you, I'm done with explaining things after having my ideas twisted by ignorant fools. Either you get it or the argument was not made for the likes of you. Good day.

2. voodoochile

voodoochile The King of Potatoes

I don't like ferren focus disappearing...The changes to Ferren are quite bad flavourwise imho. Ferren Assasin? Idk.
    It's hard to tell (I haven't even played) but my impressions are that some cool runes got too heavily nerfed, shoeboxed in fact. Like Angel of Perseverance, Mysiam Lamia, Ice Elemental, Serkan among others.

3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Im surprised no one has said anything about elven strategist. That guy is absolutely insane at 55 nora with relocate all and relocate foe. Then hes got surge enemy and increased health just for kicks

4. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

The idea is somewhat good, but it still needs a lot of fine tuning...

What I like, is that there are no more champion with massive list of abilities and the new upgrade system finally allow me to play even a level 1 rune.

What seems to be terribly wrong is how the rune cost is applied on a sort of "linear formula basis"; even a bad player like me knows that two mediocre champion on the field are better than one good champion alone. I understand that devs want to lower the ammount of superchamp per BG (and I agree with the idea) but any champion that cost 100+ is almost unplayable when there are two or three 70- champions contesting a font.

To summarize, the cost formula need to work like a "curve" not like a "line". The more the final cost of the single rune rises, the more it need to be discounted (i.e.: over 75 = -5%, over 90 = -10%, over 105 = -15% and over 120 = -20%).

StupidJerk likes this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

For the record, this is basically what it was previously, though less precisely than that.

6. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

First impression...Thanx for making all my valuable runes worthless this game is worse than what it was sadly.....Lets see 500 players maybe down to 100 now .This is a terrible patch.Alot of old players older than me will probably either be very pissed or quit all together.Ihad high hopes that dog would do something good but think their killing the game more than sony now.

7. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

totally true ... could have balanced all runes with tight nora cost ..
    but have not had that, practically, the whole game changed and gutting...

Poxnora ? ---> new name---> Spell Jam :(

8. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The game is far more strategic, deck building is back to the core of the game. Since few runes can Solo a game, its back to out playing your opponent and making stronger moves than your opponent.

And nora management is as important as ever. When you run a "meta" deck back in the day the most strongest ones had do everything 70 nora units. Now since runes do less, and cost more this has come into play once again instead of your bg auto piloting itself.

9. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I feel like it went from having: 30% runes unplayably bad, 60% playable, 10% strong/meta
    To: 90% runes unplayably bad, 10% strong

I do not like this thing.

10. Lepakko

Lepakko Devotee of the Blood Owl

I hope people here didnt expect after changing +1300 runes that it be perfect at start. They need few month get balance fixed. Generally most of new runes got heavy nerf. Good thing that most of got same thing. Still now the main problem are the cheap champions. There are lost of runes what are way too cheap for they stats. My UD deck has only 3 runes what cost more than 60. All high cost champions arent good atm until the super cheap ones get nerfed. To be honest was sad to see even the high cost champions what where bad before.. got even bigger push to being never sen in game. But like i say. They need time. I hope we can help them get good feedback.

Etherielin, Tarathil and StupidJerk like this.
  11. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Because he is a druid and one defining element of druids is transformations. He is fire themed, so he has the unique opportunity to turn into a beast that is fire themed. derp.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Tarathil likes this.
  12. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Aspect of infinity = rofl
    Just look at that champion and don't rofl yourself...
    Person that made that change was on drugs or its was end of very hard and long day at work so he just decided why nerf it when I can make it unusable
    You know when it will see play like this ? NEVER

13. Tal3234

Owl`s on drugs.. ....sigh .... i must grab four or five beers... more.. :confused:

14. Vilaine

Vilaine New Member

Ive been waiting with baited breath for this revamp since Desert Owl came in and saved Pox from the void. I went and leafed through a good chunk of champs from various factions and this is my thoughts:

-Cheap good stuff meta battle groups will rule all
    -Lynch pin champs that were over buffed in the past to make themes/races playable were brought back into line while the rest of the theme was not helped up
    -Themes died due to this over site or possibly it was on purpose
    -Some champs were taken in a totally new direction from their original design some good, a lot bad.
    -Ranged units got hit hardest, melee units got some love to bring it back to a slug fest it was before
    -People are not upset that champions were nerffed as much as that expensive high end champs got
    hammered especially crutch runes that were auto includes
    -There is still ALOT of work to be done to balance everything so I am going to give it time to settle.

Overall I give the first shot revamp a 4 out of 10. I was hoping to see runes climb out of the trash and see new life due to creative rebuilds of them, instead it was just a white wash blanked power down. Old trash runes will see a new life, simply because they are the most efficient and not because they are cleaver. While beloved themes were neutered and put to bed hungry.

That said I have not lost hope in Desert Owl and the crew helping them. To bake a delicious cake you have to first get out all the right ingredients and I am hoping this is just a starting point they can get to mixing in the good stuff.

please give them a little more time to review whats been done before you quit

StupidJerk likes this.
  15. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Right, but what i want is new systems of play; new mechanics, and new content. I want to see LoS, Height & environmental collision playing more of a role. I want to see animated maps, co-op play, and an auction house (like Poxbox). I want A Risk-like map for players to fight over, dungeon-crawling single player content, and slightly more RNG (maybe quasi-RNG like LoL). And most of all i want QoL changes, enough to make Pox Nora feel accessible.

The stat driven changes wouldn't have done it for me if they were well thought out and satisfying, and if you're listening to the players here then you know that they don't feel that way. They just don't interest me, and i don't care whether you have stat based upgrades or not.

I mean... If they had asked for community input when making these sweeping changes, I'm sure the revamp would have turned out better. Now one of the "maybe a dev's" asks whether DOG should do something trivial or not. It's nonsensical.

As for Pox Nora not being your game Sok... I can't really put much of a face or personality on DOG, and i certainly don't understand their design goals. Pox Nora still feels like your game.

16. Tal3234

17. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

High Ground & Ariel Supremacy do pretty much the same thing, except that High Ground needs clarity changes. there is no neutral state between flying & non-flying.

18. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Thought about this some more - It actually feels like we have stepped back in time to when Octopi owned the game, which I guess was part of their thinking.

It just means that all the work on making multiple themes per faction viable has been undone and it's gonna be a long way back...

I guess I don't mind too much as I always liked efficient meta bgs, but I can imagine this will not go down well with most of the players who became attached to theme decks.

Etherielin, Sepulcher and Pipster like this.
  19. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Haven't played in awhile, came back for the revamp. Figured I'd get worked over and lose a ton, but at the same time I'm really bummed out from some of the changes to Kanen. Kanen Crone losing escalation, Kiergana getting gutted, and Slipped losing most of what made him fun to use.

20. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I'm the same. I also hated Rupture Alpha losing Life Siphon - it was what made me really like him. :(