POXNORA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anwar, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Alfodur

Alfodur The King of Potatoes

I hope so, Senshu. For me the game going to be pretty linear and simplified. Well i can wish you good luck with future work.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

The Revamp's primary focus was to address Framework, as such if we were to also address all the flavors and themes at the same time there would have been no patch for several more months at best. Also, releasing it now lets us get hands on feedback from players and see how things actually play. For example, champions who exceed a nora cost of 100 we figured that would become an issue, but we also needed to see what the nora to power ratio ended up being under the new meta.

There is a lot more planned and in the works.

Tweek516, badgerale, Pipster and 8 others like this.
  3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

perhaps it would be a good idea to manage players expectations a little more. there are just going to be those people who aren't reading all your posts in every thread and will think the revamp is done so now THIS is the game. When new players come along and see the webpage they see "REVAMPED" stamped across the top and think, oh, maybe now is the time to check this game out. There is a lot more work to do beyond simple bugging/patching. This is still a beta. If the reaction of the OP is troubling it seems to me it could have been easily avoided by simply calling things what they are. This is a beta.

Sirius, Alfodur and Goyo like this.
  4. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

I think that just a second stamp under REVAMPED saying BETA is more than enough.

5. Ragic

or at the least we just had Revamp phase 1 and now we are in Revamp phase 2?

6. Senshu

Yeah, that's where things would start confusing people more than explaining things because we were already phases using phases in our preview for where this patch was in development. We have continuously have said that this will be an ongoing process leading up to the revamp release.

Woffleet likes this.
  7. Ragic

gotcha, just sucks to see people judging prematurely

Woffleet likes this.
  8. Koredar

Koredar The King of Potatoes

Well, I personally am going to sit on the sidelines and see how this plays out (at least until I get a new laptop or hell freezes over and an Android version comes out.) =P

9. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Well, of course all of us that are reading and (personally) delighting your posts from the begining know that this is an ongoing process.

The problem are all of that 1-messages buddies that say that this revamp sucks and whatnot. And the other many that won't even bother to create an account and simply get out of the game.

PM: I'm LOVING the UI. It's amazingly charming and proffesional. It feels just great. Thanks Owls.

10. Senshu

That is just part of being in the games industry, players get passionate about what they play.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

The game changed, we just got to adapt.
    And pay.

12. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I have faith in you guys because I know you love the game :D

As do I.

13. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Good to hear.
    Though calling it a Beta on the front page would be more honest about the kind of experience it will be until the Revamp is finished. I just feel it would be clearer.

14. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

But if you don't play as they update it... you can't constantly nag DOG about the exact changes you want.

15. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure how much clearer DOG could have been without making the forum homepage a flashing .swf with "IT ISN'T FINISHED YET, *******" in neon letters. Consistently they said that it would be an ongoing process, so I feel people would have jumped to the same conclusions no matter what additional steps were taken.

16. SireofSuns

I will be testing the Dailies, that's about it. :)
    Well... Except I didn't get that, and I was reading every word they said. So... I thought what they were talking about was the long wait, that they were not finished with the revamp yet, NOT "This coming revamp will be in a series." Nowhere did I see anything that brought me to that conclusion. And I think other people were the same, so rather than beating on us, why don't you try helping people understand what happened and be nice about it? ;)

17. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

They said it a lot in the Q&As not so much in the forums. Have you been following the Q&As?

18. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

There has been countless whinge threads saying all manner of things about the revamp and the end of poxnora, and countless reassurances by others in response to them. Instead of listening, those people just moved on to other whinge threads, and those people probably won't read this either, and will continue to make them. At what point do you stop blaming the developers, and blame the people who won't pay attention?

19. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

i think if you really love this game you should stick around and help make it how you want it to be. of all the things you cannot accuse the owls of not caring or not listening to us. we are in a unique position to help morph and create the game ourselves, we all (i think) accepted that changes were needed to keep this game alive and attract more players to the game, it was never going to be perfect straight off, maybe it was the hype that we all thought it would be balanced but this was unrealistic and the owls have stated many times that it is an ongoing process.
    whilst there are issues I for one am extremely happy with the intentions of the decisions made, it already feels more like the game i first fell in love with.

StupidJerk likes this.
  20. SireofSuns

I was not aware of the Q&A's, care to link me to them (if recorded)? I would very much appreciate being able to view them.
    So... Basically what you are saying is that you don't care that I am asking you to be nice when I ask about things? Is that it? Or are you just staying true to your name sake? Also, the dev's aren't perfect, and they also have SOLE CONTROL over the changes that happen. So yeah, I'm gonna be unhappy if they do something I don't like (and if I feel they don't listen when I ask for change).
    Ditto what I said to StupidJerk.
    Also, you may like the changes, I may like some of them, but many I do not like. I can only hope and pray that they change it again for the better (which I have now been informed ^ will happen).