vex

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by blaahahaha, Mar 7, 2014.

1. blaahahaha

blaahahaha Well-Known Member

We all know that it is an op champ and is abused with champs that have guard n wat not a simple nerf of divine well spring or limit its use or charge build up would be sufficient to equal the playing field. ....... we dont all play FW aspect

2. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

Ambush tha weakest champ on tha map makin her waste charges before u deploy or you can do what most IS players do and blink her

jenovah2 likes this.
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

Is there a point to this, or are you just upset that you can't think around a niche rune?

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

don't nerf vex. Just buff Gnark

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    xRugolth likes this.
  5. blaahahaha

Yeah I used those tatics numerous times but both r quite costly especially the blink/divintys touch. The huge amounts of healing, champs and sacrifices made to kill vex leaves u weakened to a point of no return. Retreating on some maps will work but contesting a mid font leaves u to less nora and less map like ironfist pass, which in result has a long game where u slowly die

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This again

Show me a good player who runs Vex. Now show me a good player who can't win against Vex.

jenovah2 and xRugolth like this.
  7. blaahahaha

Vex isnt a major issue but there r players like fivestar who play it excessively and yes there r ppl who cant beat it which depends mainly on wat ur playing but some minor tweaking wouldnt hurt. There r ppl that cant beat it because they dont want to play a specific bg that has a counter to vex just so they mite stand a chance against it. whether it be a ability where guard cant be used on it or sheild cant be used on it would make it equal game and allow the player to not have to choose a bg that counters vex but a be free to choose something that is fun for them and not from necessity

8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

You don't need an entire deck to beat Vex, at most, you'd need to include one or two runes to deal with her.

Off the top of my head solutions for each faction:

SL: Metamagic
    SP: Pull/Knockback to take advantage of range limitations
    FW: Take your pick, I'll go with Doom
    UD: FR
    KF: Vortex, then kill all the stuff she was protecting
    IS: Blink
    ST: Swap
    FS: This is the only one I'm not sure, Undertow? Some hungry hungry hippos plus a few attacks? Slick and Buzz?

If you can't find one runeslot in your deck for a counter to a rune that has caused you enough problems to come onto the forums and nerfcry, then perhaps that rune (Vex) isn't really so much of a problem for you as you are making it out to be.

On another note, I'd love to see a remake of our dear GodMother into something actually worth running that was more than simply gimmicky garbage.

jenovah2 likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

What do you qualify as a counter to Vex? I've beaten Vex players just by being better than them (see-MikeLin).

Does the rune present situations where you have to get a good enough draw fast enough, or similar? Sure. It's exactly like a rush setup in that way. And for a rush rune, Vex is pretty costly (and the advantage completely backfires once something takes her out, which isn't at all reliant on one thing hardcountering).

Basically, it's a high risk-not high enough reward sort of champ that mostly serves to be obnoxious as @(#*. I'm not arguing that it shouldn't be changed, I don't care much about Vex and I'd rather (honestly) see her be changed so that she could be viable from my point of view. But I don't think she's OP, and I don't think she needs to be nerfed (although the changes I'd propose might take her away from what annoys you so much about her)

10. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Is this really a thing?

jenovah2 likes this.
  11. blaahahaha

Would it hurt to give vex a fresh start that doesnt make it a necessity for a player to have to play a counter and really we may know these counters but a simple sheild spell and over half r useless then wat if ur playing something that doesnt have anything to help u at all. Do these ppl that play vex just assume we wont play counters of course not they r prepared to leave us optionless which isnt hard at all.

12. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

That is an interesting idea...and I believe you are asking that Vex lose divine wellspring ability here. If divine wellspring was taken off ...the rune; at current cost, would be shoeboxed. First of all...vex is easily dealt with. Having trouble handling this? There are exotics in all factions that are difficult to handle once they are deployed. Removal of abilities from a champion has already happened to many champions within SL. One champion is Akakios and the loss of thirst for battle. Another is Myx Adamant. This list goes on...but I am only bringing up these two, as they are exotic and SL champions. Neither are shoeboxed, but not as sought after nor used that often. Divine wellspring is unique, yes. So is Bastions ability to hit twice and kill on a third uncosted strike. Serkan has a multitude of unique abilities...surge, life siphon, teleport...to name a few. Vex is especially dangerous in 2x2 games, but so is a duel FW 2 player battlegroup with lich kings and serkans...who will most certainly overtake most opponents. Generally speaking, Vex is not immune to damage...it will be one rounded often in a game because of wellspring. Saying that getting to vex is difficult? So is trying to stop the inexpensive duel played dwarf healers; who upon deploy heal global 12 and can heal a champion or group of champions every turn. In closing, I am not saying Vex isn't an annoyance. I am saying that it isn't "a thing"...just as jib has said.

xRugolth and blaahahaha like this.
  13. blaahahaha

Yeah ur right that every faction has its own op and over used champs but this one stands out to me in particular which is why I would like to see a change no matter how minor it will greatly do it some good. All great runes have a chink in their armor whether it be range, health, speed, defense, attack or an ability and with that I see none that are not costly or easy to preform without great sacrifice to a champ that camps for the whole game behind a line of champs

14. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I think all factions need a shadowshank unit, a unit with killing stroke to kill this superchamps, this is how i deal such annoying champs, like vex, magnus fallen, etc.