Lets face it...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glad0, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

The revamp was a fail.

They replaced all the old playable BG's with LESS BG's that are viable. Way to go.
    Also, they made all the old good runes suck and all the old bad runes amazing. Again, Way to go.

So now that we've established there are less viable runes and BG's lets take a look at these new , so to speak, "Meta BG's".

Well, thanks to 5 abilities maximum every single rune has become boring. Runes no longer have flavor, runes no longer have synergy. They are either a mindless beater with a basic attack and a range attack or a gay ass support rune with either ap gen or heals.

Lets recap:

- Viable rune pool; halved
    - Synergy; destroyed

HIGH FIIIIIVEEE

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Waah, I lost my crutch runes and I don't know how to deckbuild, waah

3. Glad0

No, sure I can still win games its just that... its boring. Runes have become boring. Its like stone age pox nora where we play with rocks and sticks.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I like your suggestion, the game will improve with opinions like yours :)

Nemorga and DarkJello like this.
  5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

6. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I wonder what would be your opinion on games like chess or tic-tac-toe.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. trackergn

trackergn New Member

It´s been 8 years and a world of good ideas and suggestions from players, now tell me what has changed???? A lot of us are just tired of being let down so often...

Glad0 likes this.
  8. Glad0

Chess you can make only 1 move per turn and since there is a rook, bishop , queen , king , pawn, knight . thats basicly 6 abilities . also u have 16 champs out at once. lots of possibilities . much more complex than poxnora. checkers is for retards.

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Of powercreep...

G_Ro91 and SPiEkY like this.
  10. ZexuZai

ZexuZai Well-Known Member

I'd like to state the issue with this thread. There have been 10s if not hundreds more threads about people being upset that a rune has everything and the kitchen sink to utilize, that power creep was becoming too large and that champs who had such a large rune pool was actually taking away from creativity because it took on the role of so many classes that why would you use something else? POWER CREEP is the reason we had to take down the abilities. Back in the day a champ filled a role, it had abilities to meet that. Now champs can fit multiple roles and people cried for the creep to be reverted. Champs had too many abilities, new players couldn't keep up. Lots of new players complained about it.

So whether you like it or not, it was the right choice.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Krakuar198

Krakuar198 Well-Known Member

I agree with you.

12. Glad0

Okay, I never said we need to revert back to 1000 abilities. But the current champs and their upgrades don't make any sense. Korona for example (and btw I don't run UD) . Korona was good because she could swoop in w/ bloodtracker use her 1 ap attack and grant all champs in the BG a buff. She needs 3 abilities; bloodtracker , battle leader, and blood rage. 3 , that is all. instead now she is another stupid beater that does nothing special. who says you need 10 abilities to make a champ good. they just chose the wrong ones to get rid of.

13. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Geez, it's way, way too early to act as though this is the end. Calm down, maybe take your pills or something. This is a process that every game goes through, without exception. No change is perfect the moment it happens, so give it some time.

14. xSirSaucex

xSirSaucex The King of Potatoes

I think that runes losing complexity within themselves is a good thing. A long standing problem with poxnora has been that individual runes could do too much on their own.

Complexity should come from the relationships between runes, not the relationships between one champion's abilities. In this regard, I think it's a little early to start declaring that synergy is bad as we haven't fully explored different bg compositions to their fullest potential as of yet.

Have a little patience and try to actually adapt to a change in the paradigm of the game instead of having the knee-jerk reaction of pessimism and negativity. You'll have more fun that way.

Oldmaster, StupidJerk and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The revamp"was"? It's on going, so determining it's success will have to wait until it's completed.

DarkJello and xSirSaucex like this.
  16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Oh so it's another Korona thread then?

Etherielin, StupidJerk and SPiEkY like this.
  17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

That was by The Knack, right?

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I laughed

19. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

DOG could have addressed complexity creep without the sweeping, identity destroying changes that made up the revamp. They chose not to take an incremental approach, and they lost something vital in the process. I would revert the entire thing, and seriously rethink the direction they want to take the game in. I think someone mentioned that there is no PBE environment, so they need to be prepared to revert if things go poorly.

20. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

The game is still playable, people are hugely overreacting. I agree with many that numerous runes were made boring, or even pointless. The fact is, that this is the incremental approach, simply the beginning of it.