Community suggestions to UD runes that missed the mark!

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by theKraken, Jun 27, 2014.

1. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

My goal in this thread is to gather up the worst champions from the revamp, and have us propose ways to fix them. Ill try to update this thread daily. For now lets keep this thread the really bad ones, and for runes that just lost their synergy.

Here a few that come to mind when I look at the list

Grimlic- Possibly over cost, maybe we could get alternate builds in upgrades (hes 110 nora and iconic UD, maybe something with fire amp or surge deep elf)

Demonoligst- Dunno what to think with this guy, needs his range back. I don't like having to take summon imp. and dark pact is really over-costed on this guy (the actual spell really is over-costed as well) (thekraken)

1-3 and swarm was moved on to the upgrade path with summon.... His typical build would likely be swarm, life drinker, with cast dark pact and pawn.... Would 90 Nora be a fair price? 85? (Badgerale )

Fix #1 85 nora, 9 Dmg, Range 3-5, 0 def, 42 hp. Pawn placed in with upgrade line 1 from base. Loyalty to replace life siphon in upgrade line 2
    (This would make him more comparable with High warlock @ 80 nora, he would have less dmg output, unless he took loyalty, but this is at the cost of his health gain.) (thekracken)

Demonbarb spider,
    -give back creep and crawl
    -give an option that doesn't have a damage aura
    -at least one more range

I am thinking 1-4 range, Attack Physical, Dragging Attack, Weave Web base
    Upgrade 1: Assault, Creep and Crawl, Entangling Attack?
    Upgrade 2: Reflexes 1-3 ( Vamania)

Creep and Crawl- Maybe this should count arthropods instead of units with creep and crawl. therefor creep and crawl can be on units in a theme with out the whole race needing it. (thekraken)

Grundlewolfe alpha- Give it Regeneration 6 and Deep Wounds base (to tie in with Grundelwulf).

Then, keep one ability line as Reflection 1/2/3 (horrifically boring as it is), and make the other one Horrific Howl, Escape, [Something Else]

The third ability could be Calcify (if they want to swap around base abilities), Improve Speed (from the old version), or simply something else.

Basically, the current problems are a) they've stripped the Alpha of all flavour and just made it a dull beater, and b) To make matters worse, it has the least interesting upgrade paths in the game.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  2. theKraken

Reserved

3. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

I did find demonologists range set back a little a little hard, he was a legendary after all. 1-2 is not terrible though.

4. theKraken

Yeah idk just cant see the logic on him. Would be the last thing id use now. And I know Ud was supposed to be melee centric but I feel those days are somewhat gone.

5. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

So far I haven't been too bothered by UD, although I'm a little sad about Imp Deceiver. He was my first legendary, and my only UD one until recently. He lost pretty much everything he had, from spellswallower to hallucinogenic to declare target. I would have liked if he kept at least one of those... at the moment, he seems pretty pointless.

Stitched were treated well enough compared to other themes, but now they don't have a single unit with 7 speed. Before, Hexer and Concealer could be relied on to get places your other champions couldn't.

Finally, I'm disappointed by Bok Mistress. She was the only bok with range, and that pretty much defined her role. Reducing her to 1-2 RNG hasn't come with any kind of compromise. They even gave her Soften, an ability that best fits a back-line support like she used to be.

On the plus side, Deep Elf Manslayer and Deep Elf Mercenary are pretty awesome, and have seen a lot of play from me already.

6. Vamania

Vamania The King of Potatoes

Demonbarb spider,

-give back creep and crawl
    -give an option that doesn't have a damage aura
    -at least one more range

I am thinking 1-4 range, Attack Physical, Dragging Attack, Weave Web base
    Upgrade 1: Assault, Creep and Crawl, Entangling Attack?
    Upgrade 2: Reflexes 1-3

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you heard gedden they are thinking about only making UD an only melee faction which is kinda boring i like having range cause ud runes are quite slow unless u have DEP or infiltrator to move friendly demons
    if that happens lets ask for faction buff to 6 dmg

8. theKraken

If they are planning on mostly melee, we're going to need some very mobile beatsticks

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I find grimlic still playable at the new price.

Demonologist is clearly too much and his ability set doesn't drive me wild. I think he's caught between being a support champ and a damage dealer.

Previously you would run him as a range damage dealer, and not pick summon imp. Now he's lost the range to become a beater, but without a beaters resiliance and with an ap intensive support ability.

Perhaps if he was 1-3 and swarm was moved on to the upgrade path with summon.... His typical build would likely be swarm, life drinker, with cast dark pact and pawn.... Would 90 Nora be a fair price? 85?

StupidJerk and theKraken like this.
  10. theKraken

Ill add those when I get home :) and yeah I need to play test grimmy a bit but his cost was bit of a knee jerk for me. And yeah demonoligist has some serious role confusion going on.

Two more I was looking at and play tested in death benefit deck, soul bleader and thirster

Bleeder just feels really overcosted, pretty easy to kill with impatient his old build with life siphon, exertion 3 leaves him at 94 nora.

Thirster you now have to chose between glutany and brain eater. And his biggest issue is five speed. Just impossible to get anything done with him. Needs 1 speed and some abilities moved around

Also anyone have sugeations on grundlewolfe alpha, it has no flavor anymore

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  11. StupidJerk

That feels a little hamfisted and thoughtless. I would rather have the damage decreased than have no range. As it is, the only way to play UD and have a decent amount of range is to play Stitched.

12. theKraken

Updated First Post.

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i'm 70% sure they are not going to make all demon melee for simple reason of demon having too much of same mechanics
    if all demons are melee and this point they got very few abilities variation it makes them incredibly predictable but with range (eg skittler shadowstrike + multi )
    unless UD have alot of stealth champs it will be kind of boring using UD unless they have more rapid attack and other new abilities

theKraken likes this.
  14. Yourmom

Yourmom The King of Potatoes

UD has a lot of anti-range. I've been using the spell cowards reach. It's only 20 nora and it reduces a champs range to 1. this could also be used on your grimmy if you have someone engaged up close and personal. there is also the demon shield and bok enforcer's command dodge.

StupidJerk likes this.
  15. StupidJerk

Not to mention Breath of Ash.

16. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Can I suggest giving the Gloomby and Demonvein some aid? For what they cost, they very squishy. Adding Demon racial on Gloomby just aids by forcing the player to use Demon Shield on him. But Demonvein 42 hp withouth Multi-attack is simply unplayable. He will die way before he could get enough life to stand 3 attacks in a row. My suggestion is to give both of them +8 life for Demonvein, and +4 for Gloomby.

17. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

We should add this to main discussion in general,they are collecting all suggestions together from every faction.

18. theKraken

Im planning on it, the link is there just would like to compile more data.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  19. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Give it Regeneration 6 and Deep Wounds base (to tie in with Grundelwulf).

Then, keep one ability line as Reflection 1/2/3 (horrifically boring as it is), and make the other one Horrific Howl, Escape, [Something Else]

The third ability could be Calcify (if they want to swap around base abilities), Improve Speed (from the old version), or simply something else.

Basically, the current problems are a) they've stripped the Alpha of all flavour and just made it a dull beater, and b) To make matters worse, it has the least interesting upgrade paths in the game.

20. theKraken

I also think it could use its beast synergy back, ud beast arnt a thing without bunnylord or alpha